What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

EastBayGrower

Veteran
No problem over here, got word from a large broker friend (who does like 50-100 weekly) he's having to piece shit together from multiple people and price is raising on any good outdoor (has to have frost and smell, some color is a bonus)

First dude i met with picked up everything I had, even the untrimmed stuff, that some drought tactics if I ever seen em..

Last edited:

nomaad

Veteran
Solid prices. Seeing the same kinds of tickets at wholesale in the rec markets.

Going big is fun. The middlemen are getting wholesaling licenses. We are trying to build our own farm to face distribution network.

nomaad

Veteran
Has to do with sales tax. Pretty easy to get one, and free. A lot of legalese to wade through though.

Only time will tell, but any dispensary that plans on being in compliance in 2018 will need a slew of paperwork from the grower.

Originally I heard speculation that the paperwork will be so great and hard to obtain it will create a shortage of legally grown product.

I imagine a lot of dispensaries wont care, and will operate like they have been until someone financially stops them. Same with the growers.

Mr^^

Seems like each market has growing pains where high quality flower is a bit scarce at the beginning. All the licensing clusterfucks and hoop jumping causes a logjam for licensing. Things shake out, but recent reports from washington, where the statistics report overproduction and heavy supply, but retailers still happy to intake anything of high quality and clean labwork at stable prices.

DonDon

People happily taking untrimmed herb is an isolated event

making phone calls trying to sell untrimmed outdoor right now in this market gives me the chills

Although I have heard prices ticking up slightly but only for best of the best outs stored properly obviously trimmed

Good luck all

EastBayGrower

Veteran
yeah pretty difficult to get in touch with legit buyers, gotta wade through alot of rif raf lol and BS

BT and craigslist are fucked, people posting millions of ads, gotta pay to get seen on BT now

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
People happily taking untrimmed herb is an isolated event

making phone calls trying to sell untrimmed outdoor right now in this market gives me the chills

Although I have heard prices ticking up slightly but only for best of the best outs stored properly obviously trimmed

Good luck all

I thought the same thing until my boy showed me 15 packs of untrimmed OG that he got for 600 each:moon: Guess everyone's hustle is different.

OP

EastBayGrower

Veteran
some people just hate trimming LOL

i dont know if i hate it that much but time is money and if dudes people can trim it up faster than you, why not make an offer...

and when i say "untrimmed" im mean it already has been big leafed and only has frosty sugar leaves remaining.

and imho it would protect the buds if they need to be vac sealed or whatever

Medfinder

Chemon 91
seeing that there is an 100 an oz capped collective in socal that has good indoor...prices are still low if you need medicine.

prop 64 places are operating without approval in some areas.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
seeing that there is an 25 an 1/8 capped collective's in socal that has good indoor...prices are still low if you need medicine.

prop 64 places are operating without approval in some areas.

KONY

Veteran
Gotta think if someone is too lazy to bother trimming the weed, what other corners did they cut growing it?

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
I hate harvesting
like the plant'n things, and water'n of them.
Look' out for them... talk'to them
I don't like harvesting !
I do like smoke'n them

Bubbles- TPB

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
I love growing hate trimming. I can only trim for a couple hours, and my shoulder is done for a day or two. I need to start getting help with the trim. Most of the people who have helped me just can't follow simple instructions, or they are so unreliable. I had one 26 year old kid who has his mommy call me and tell me he can't help. Drives me nuts. I don't know how these people hold a job

Jonny Lan

Veteran
I love growing hate trimming. I can only trim for a couple hours, and my shoulder is done for a day or two. I need to start getting help with the trim. Most of the people who have helped me just can't follow simple instructions, or they are so unreliable. I had one 26 year old kid who has his mommy call me and tell me he can't help. Drives me nuts. I don't know how these people hold a job
Lmfao

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Me? Good outdoor trim pro'ed, which is a plus where I go(moon Rocks?), no clue but they want a taught trimm. Prices up 14-16 a unit. Indoor fire up to 1800-2400. Same trim pro, wish, the Budweiser guys would beat it. color a plus. GG#4 still moves but because of avaliblity has to be on point.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran

Lol. That's funny about the 26 old kid:D..The thing I've learned about trimmers over the years is that if you pay them well and give them a few perks, they'll be waiting for the next harvest to trim. Trimming is hella tedious. I look at like this, if you're harvesting 15 p's, why not pay them 275-300 an hour with a few lowers or left over trim for edibles or whatever.

OP

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
outdoors 12-14 for nice things, 1k or less for others

good indoors 2k-2500 depending who's taking it and how many, although i have heard of good OG for as low as 16