What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Top_shelf_farms

lol i gotta try that just because its fucking hilarious!! NOW THATS SELLING YOUR PRODUCT!

what about packaging? i've always gone straight turkey bag for flowers and either bulk ounces or individual grams in parchment for shatter/rosin... anyone findings alot better response with specialty packaging? waste of time if products good enough.. ?

I just turkey bag it...

Mukind

Just on the face of it

Consignment in this sort of situation is sketchy

I don't see how you're being a shady car salesman when the guy is trying to get you to front him your product...Any tip to get them to off cash up seems more than fair game to me. Even if this is industry standard (which i have no idea one way or another)

Being punctual, clean, etc are all good tips too. But I could have told you that and I've never been to a dispensary. IMO Top Shelf gave a great tip

Most daunting thing about moving to a medical state is selling to dispensaries.

Selling to a dispensary isn't really so daunting. It's just sales people. I grew up in retail and wholesale sales so I guess I just have it in my bones. Go from one to the other first thing in the AM. Call ahead to get the scoop...

You just need to be here for a while and meet people so you don't have to deal with dispenseries. Better prices, etc.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Elbows are going for 1200 a pound in Oregon. Some folks get more for there shit but why be greedy, just dump the shit, pay your taxes and grow some more haha.

Big Sur

In the better inland valley growing areas of California though? Outs and especially GH can be better than indoor. My experience growing there anyway. As we get away from the paradigm of growing in the Emerald Triangle to avoid law enforcement, say growing in Fresno or the Imperial Valley, the market is going to be flooded. Like it is now in Washington from Eastern Washington outdoor seasonal grows, and in Colorado. And the downward pressure on prices will be greater as more states legalize weed, and more commercial growing ramps up. Case in point, after Oregon legalized weed sales, Washington state sales took a big hit. Add to that the fact that Oregon licenses are being bought up by small numbers of large interests, and the price pressure is going to be greater as they can grow larger amounts and flood the market with cheap quality weed. And in California, after 5 years the grow canopy limit cap of one acre expires.

T

TrueReligion

Hahaha oregons great I went to visit my friend chinally there and weed fest was going on in Portland downtown they gave out free Haagen Dazs I got a half oz of fire for 50$ it was stupid crazy.

T

TrueReligion

Elbows are going for 1200 a pound in Oregon. Some folks get more for there shit but why be greedy, just dump the shit, pay your taxes and grow some more haha.

Im guessing because of high prop values 250k house is 1m over here for some reason :( stupid Cardiff and Encinitas :/

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Hahaha oregons great I went to visit my friend chinally there and weed fest was going on in Portland downtown they gave out free Haagen Dazs I got a half oz of fire for 50$ it was stupid crazy.
Yes I would say Oregon has the cheapest pot in America for quite a while now. 50a half. is cools. get em from bros for 80$ a whole. You get into the dispensaries and some locals you wont be as fortunate but fortunate enough. For example, some coastal areas are a bit higher.

O

Oakhills

Outdoor is 1200 max in the Bay Area, 15-16 indoor max. Like YesProp215 said, it's a shit show these days. As Screwes said, dispensaries don't want outdoor herb.....very true. Outdoor has been relegated to the sideshow, unfortunately.

I don't think the wholesale market will rise in June like it normally would because so many farmers are sitting on untrimmed stock and will be releasing it before the deps come in.

I think the new normal will be $1k or less year round unfortunately. And I am one of the unfortunate ones, with less than 25 units produced per season full term outdoors.

As the prices fall, it will no longer be economically feasible for small producers to create high end, small batch harvests. And that is on a large scale of small batch farms. The quality will drop off. Unfortunately.

The rise of vape pens and such will produce a mediocre crop on average as most will be producing for the concentrate market.

Only time will tell, of course. In the meantime, I will keep doing my best to grow the best flowers I can for my small market. And it grows smaller by the day.

Last edited:
O

Oakhills

I guess I was wrong. I am getting 13-14!for my outdoors. BUT, they had to be shaved down like indoor crop, and/or machine trim. I asked really? Yes was the reply. I do a connoisseur level trim where I clip each leaf by itself, it takes me for too long to trim up a single pound.

But then I have to go ahead and shave it down with scissors afterwards. Take 15% off of the potency maybe more who knows? But that is what the public wants. Maybe I will rent a machine to do the rest of my trimming for me, save me about two months worth of work.

The indoors are still around 15 to 16 in the Bay Area. Machine trimmed.....

I just wish there were some dispensaries out there, like the patients I have, who really care about quality and connoisseur level trim with excellent flowers.....

Such is the market in the bay area of California. Machine trim and who gives a fuck if it's organic, biodynamic or grown with miracle grow! We just want pretty, dense, flowers and we do not care what chemicals were used to get them that way....Spray them with chemicals! Other than the ones that are banned by the state...it's all good....... shaking head....

Sorry for the rant, I guess I am just upset that people can use miracle grow in their product and it is worth the same amount or more than mine...

Biosynthesis

Veteran
1000 a brick is fine with me for my outs. Pay my taxes and its still enough for me to want to keep growing. Have a small farm here as well Oakhill, 20-25 bricks is about all I can fit in my outdoor grow space. The only reason I go 100% organic is cuz I love em so much. Hope that I can continue to do this until I cant anymore. Once the big boys get there shit dialed in the price will fall until its no longer worth it for me to pick up my shovel. This is my opinion of course. That's a shame, Ive wore the tips off 2 shovels (literally). Still mix every bit of my organic soil by hand. Heck probably grow em for sport like people grow pumpkins someday haha.

Dream-Fish

I guess I was wrong. I am getting 13-14!for my outdoors. BUT, they had to be shaved down like indoor crop, and/or machine trim. I asked really? Yes was the reply. I do a connoisseur level trim where I clip each leaf by itself, it takes me for too long to trim up a single pound.

Feel for you buddy, all this "Hollywood" trimming is sooo time consuming, as you say for what?

We're going to have to take all the small bud stems out next

KONY

Veteran
There's nothing more annoying than being promised something, shown pictures samples etc, hyping it up. Then you're sitting across from me looking me in the eye lying telling me how good it is when we both know damn well this is not what i was expecting.

Here on the east coast, we are currently flooded with cannabis. However its all shit. Prices on shit keep dropping, but can't never keep the good stuff in stock. The good stuff is stable right around 3k and has been for a minute, the less than good stuff keeps getting closer to 2k.

Nothing is more annoying than a middleman that insults a grower with bottom barrel pricing for truly top shelf product. At the same time I understand many people dont understand what top shelf really is.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Here on the east coast, we are currently flooded with cannabis. However its all shit. Prices on shit keep dropping, but can't never keep the good stuff in stock. The good stuff is stable right around 3k and has been for a minute, the less than good stuff keeps getting closer to 2k.

Nothing is more annoying than a middleman that insults a grower with bottom barrel pricing for truly top shelf product. At the same time I understand many people dont understand what top shelf really is.

Same thing happening on my end. There's a lot of garbage for around 19-22k here. AAA quality ins holds steady between 3-4k. The only problem is not having enough of it. Seems like the growers that produce boutique flower(ins) are gonna be the ones not fazed by the price drops that have been happening lately.

OP

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
The game is what it it is....in this case f'ed. I'm in clali and have a house on the Chesapeake bay.

I live part of them year in each.....grow in both. prices...yuck....still profitable, so I'm, for now, still in....for how long is in question.

Yesteryear days were good...not so good now. I've always maintained job in the HVAC field.....but I've reteiered(SP?) now...I'm old. sigh. UNION member....can't touch the 401k, yet...

so I depend on my grows...avg about 120 bows....get rid of most of it on the east coast, on avg 3200....been growin since early 70's in the national forest of cali...so all my indoor is dank...haha stupid word. Point being , as Fred would say...adapt or parish....it's all good.

oh yeah..f'k the orange orangutan, maybe good, maybe bad...still f'em

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
cali indoor at 14 if lucky...no matter quality or trim...snobby shits....this is SFV, so cal.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
The game is what it it is....in this case f'ed. I'm in clali and have a house on the Chesapeake bay.

I live part of them year in each.....grow in both. prices...yuck....still profitable, so I'm, for now, still in....for how long is in question.

Yesteryear days were good...not so good now. I've always maintained job in the HVAC field.....but I've reteiered(SP?) now...I'm old. sigh. UNION member....can't touch the 401k, yet...

so I depend on my grows...avg about 120 bows....get rid of most of it on the east coast, on avg 3200....been growin since early 70's in the national forest of cali...so all my indoor is dank...haha stupid word. Point being , as Fred would say...adapt or parish....it's all good.

oh yeah..f'k the orange orangutan, maybe good, maybe bad...still f'em

Holy crap 3200 for dank indoor you lucky f'ker.

Latest posts

Latest posts