What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

This will be my first harvest on a large enough scale to sell to dispensaries, I don't see anyone talking about this much but does anyone have any good shops they recommend vending to? I know on some forums people discuss which shops are good or bad for vendors but not much of tht talk around here hoping ppl dont mind sharing :p

My plan so far is just hit up dispensary after dispensary and make my way out as far as I have to but would be nice to have some shops in mind besides the one in my area.

Top_shelf_farms

This will be my first harvest on a large enough scale to sell to dispensaries, I don't see anyone talking about this much but does anyone have any good shops they recommend vending to? I know on some forums people discuss which shops are good or bad for vendors but not much of tht talk around here hoping ppl dont mind sharing :p

My plan so far is just hit up dispensary after dispensary and make my way out as far as I have to but would be nice to have some shops in mind besides the one in my area.

Its so hit and miss.... Even if someone told you where to go, they might not want your flavor that day.... Just hammer it. Map it out on weedmaps and go one after another. For instance, I just completely struck out in Vallejo and the east bay, then drove over the bridge into San Fran and scored 4/5 dispensaries....get your game face on and be prepared to be low balled!

T

TrueReligion

Its so hit and miss.... Even if someone told you where to go, they might not want your flavor that day.... Just hammer it. Map it out on weedmaps and go one after another. For instance, I just completely struck out in Vallejo and the east bay, then drove over the bridge into San Fran and scored 4/5 dispensaries....get your game face on and be prepared to be low balled!

Couldn't have said it any better. I also find the earlier in the week you vend around the luckier you are and go in the mornings. You never know when someone needs a fresh re up right before their rush hour. Pitch your stuff 4-500$ above what you want 500-900$ above if its private reserve level. I usually get 2,500 at every shop as a minimum in San Diego

Top_shelf_farms

^^^ yah, definitely try to go Mon.-wed.....
It really is an art form dealing with these dick heads.... Here's another tip I use, it has everything to do with confidence. Right when you're about to unzip your bag, look the guy in the eyes and say, "you pay cash right"? When they say consignment only, say "yah but if something was good enough, you'd cash out right?..... They can't help but say yes just to see what's in the bag....

EastBayGrower

Veteran
It really is an art form dealing with these dick heads.... Here's another tip I use, it has everything to do with confidence. Right when you're about to unzip your bag, look the guy in the eyes and say, "you pay cash right"? When they say consignment only, say "yah but if something was good enough, you'd cash out right?..... They can't help but say yes just to see what's in the bag....

lol i gotta try that just because its fucking hilarious!! NOW THATS SELLING YOUR PRODUCT!

what about packaging? i've always gone straight turkey bag for flowers and either bulk ounces or individual grams in parchment for shatter/rosin... anyone findings alot better response with specialty packaging? waste of time if products good enough.. ?

maxmurder

Veteran

NIIIICE ! :peacock:

T

TrueReligion

lol i gotta try that just because its fucking hilarious!! NOW THATS SELLING YOUR PRODUCT!

what about packaging? i've always gone straight turkey bag for flowers and either bulk ounces or individual grams in parchment for shatter/rosin... anyone findings alot better response with specialty packaging? waste of time if products good enough.. ?

I bring a jar just so it's easier to scope out since they need a eighth to sample anyway, more times than not if i dont hear the price I like and I start to walk out I start hearing better numbers. It really is all about confidence I haven't sold a pack to a dispo under 2,5 for some fuego. I used to work for Dank of America in Mira Mesa that's what they had taught me for vending. Early bird gets the worm!

DonDon

No offense bro but that sounds like slimey used car salesman technique that will just piss ppl off.

Honestly one of the best things you can do in sales is be completely honest, transparent and knowledgeable. Everything else will fall into place

Confidence definitely matters. But if you have a great product you will exude confidence so no need to worry about BSing ppl

There's nothing more annoying than being promised something, shown pictures samples etc, hyping it up. Then you're sitting across from me looking me in the eye lying telling me how good it is when we both know damn well this is not what i was expecting.

This industry has been completely dominated and crushed by individuals with little to no business acumen for a very long time. This is going to change fast. To stay afloat you must develop some sort of business savy/sales skills. Anyone who "gets it" has already been doing this for some time.

Be punctual, knowledgeable, honest, well spoken, well dressed, dont BS. Under promise, over deliver. Basic business 101 shit. Dont play games.

T

TrueReligion

No offense bro but that sounds like slimey used car salesman technique that will just piss ppl off.

Honestly one of the best things you can do in sales is be completely honest, transparent and knowledgeable. Everything else will fall into place

Confidence definitely matters. But if you have a great product you will exude confidence so no need to worry about BSing ppl

There's nothing more annoying than being promised something, shown pictures samples etc, hyping it up. Then you're sitting across from me looking me in the eye lying telling me how good it is when we both know damn well this is not what i was expecting.

This industry has been completely dominated and crushed by individuals with little to no business acumen for a very long time. This is going to change fast. To stay afloat you must develop some sort of business savy/sales skills. Anyone who "gets it" has already been doing this for some time.

Be punctual, knowledgeable, honest, well spoken, well dressed, dont BS. Under promise, over deliver. Basic business 101 shit. Dont play games.

Yup, Never try to "sell" your product it should sell for itself if you grew meds good enough. I always aim to sell private reserve.

Be prepared to answer how it was grow what kind of ferts you use full genetic back ground etc.
Its a business not an alley way

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Yup, Never try to "sell" your product it should sell for itself if you grew meds good enough. I always aim to sell private reserve.

Be prepared to answer how it was grow what kind of ferts you use full genetic back ground etc.
Its a business not an alley way
:laughing:
Ha, ha! Not once has a dispo been able to provide that info to me as a customer!
Concur that should be SOP though. What pesticides were used?
:biggrin:

DonDon

That's because most dispensary owners arent business guys.

Those questions will be answered soon and the guys who can't answer those questions will flounder around for a bit more, one day you'll wake up and they'll be gone

The real business world is stupid crazy competetive and cut throat. If you're asleep at the wheel someone else will eat your lunch. Best believe that

T

TrueReligion

Do you call first or just show up and tell them your a vendor and hope there is someone there able/willing to do the deal?

I show up and buy something(usually why I go in most of the time anyway) and ask if they're currently accepting vendors.

You mostly get a yes. Tell them about your product etc and a price albeit higher than what you want so they can talk you down if needed. If you sell "Exotic" or "Private Reserve" you should almost always get the asking price as long as its fair. If not leave to another Dispenserary. Showing up early in the morning is a highee guarantee to talk to a boss than randomly in the day. It also shows your effort. Dress nicely, etc. Smoke a couple fat bowls to ease you up and own your shit.

Bring a sample for them if you bring crap you get crap.

I'll go in some true religion jeans, wear a nice watch, pair of ray bans haven't had anyone say no yet.

Price points I've seen go
1,2-13 for some Mids
1,3-2,0 for top
2,0-2,9 PR/Exotic

Top_shelf_farms

No offence taken!
There's no bait and switch, no diception, nothing slimey or "used car salesman" at all.... Im sharing a tip that helps with a clean honest cash transaction.... Unlike the large % of clubs that want you to drop off your harvest to never pay in the end...the same clubs that love to prey on new vendors. Call it what you want but in the long run they can either say yes or no to cash up front....I didn't say I make them promise to buy it if I pull it out lol

Last edited:

Top_shelf_farms

^^^of course if you don't have good product you should expect bottom dollar either way... I just really don't see how making sure they'll pay me before wasting my time is dishonest....