What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Nah I don't care for all the A++ bullshit, if it's A it's A. Since its subjective,can growers are prejudiced, what I think doesn't matter anyway. Now, the patients who get it tell me it's fire, the best thing on their table, etc, I get quite a few compliments.

I can fuck up a crop like anybody, but I at least know if it's B or C grade and will admit it. When it happens, I typically get a point or two less for each letter grade down. Fair is fair.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Awdterror is right, if I could afford to turn away my regular patients and hold out for wealthier ones, I would, but when you're sitting on 5 or 6 5-6 10-light crops and your cash flow is negative, you do what you gotta do to keep workers paid and the electricity flowing. My current monthly expenses are roughly $40k, whether product is moving or not.

AWDTERROR

Awdterror is right, if I could afford to turn away my regular patients and hold out for wealthier ones, I would, but when you're sitting on 5 or 6 5-6 10-light crops and your cash flow is negative, you do what you gotta do to keep workers paid and the electricity flowing. My current monthly expenses are roughly $40k, whether product is moving or not.

yup in the same boat my friend, most people don't get it. mouths to feed, rent/mortgage/worker salary(s),insane electric/water/nutrients/coco/bulbs etc don't pay for them selves.

Not everyone runs a 5 light grow. Try running a large cannabis business, live your life and sell every pack for the highest possible dollar value you can get and tell me you dont go crazy. By selling a few points under you will be getting calls daily asking when the next packs will be available and if they are good you can cut off weeks to a month in the time it takes to sell everything and in the end that's extra time to enjoy your life. Priceless.

mowood3479

Veteran
yup in the same boat my friend, most people don't get it. mouths to feed, rent/mortgage/worker salary(s),insane electric/water/nutrients/coco/bulbs etc don't pay for them selves.

Not everyone runs a 5 light grow. Try running a large cannabis business, live your life and sell every pack for the highest possible dollar value you can get and tell me you dont go crazy. By selling a few points under you will be getting calls daily asking when the next packs will be available and if they are good you can cut off weeks to a month in the time it takes to sell everything and in the end that's extra time to enjoy your life. Priceless.

Exactly
Send those packs on down the road.
That my philosophy anyway...

furrywall11

Really curious what the scene is going to look like for the 2017 season with all the county bans, increased funding for enforcement but, still a year away from the first legit licenses. Any speculation?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Really curious what the scene is going to look like for the 2017 season with all the county bans, increased funding for enforcement but, still a year away from the first legit licenses. Any speculation?

i predict that growers in ban counties or counties that are not planning to issue licenses, will go big in 2017 to see where they stand. growers in friendly counties will obviously be going bigger than ever. 2017 will be interesting thats for sure. prices seem to be staying pretty steady though if you're not desperate

Z

z-ro

I don't care who you are or what sized grows you run if you're sitting on 100 indoor sour packs, A) they probably aren't very good or they wouldn't be sitting, B) you might as well close up shop because 1800 for indoor sour your margin on that is next to nonexistent.

maxmurder

Veteran
I don't care who you are or what sized grows you run if you're sitting on 100 indoor sour packs, A) they probably aren't very good or they wouldn't be sitting, B) you might as well close up shop because 1800 for indoor sour your margin on that is next to nonexistent.

unless you're stealing power.
then you can get rriiiiiiiicchh while fucking up the market for the rest of us.

I hear theyre pushing state licenses back until 2019 at least

When I go to the hardware store I hear shit like these old guys in line talkin' about clearing an acre of manzinita etc

Theres going to be more weed grown next year here than ever before. I'm going to try to do almost double and some dep.

What do you guys drop prices to if you had some manners get away and got some mildly seedy buds? Like 8 seeds in an 8th. Indoor good looking by the ten pack.

AWDTERROR

LOL, man your yields must not be very good then.
I produce packs @ 150-250$ea with workers running EVERYTHING. You do the math buddy.
If you don't think its profitable to sell for 1800 you have "z-ro" business knowledge.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Awd, jeez I'm jealous. I pay my trimmers 227.50 a #, so my net cost per unit is around 7-800. But I also have expensive power, expensive rent, and pay another 6k a month in maintenance wages (and bonuses for good crops.)

AWDTERROR

Awd, jeez I'm jealous. I pay my trimmers 227.50 a #, so my net cost per unit is around 7-800. But I also have expensive power, expensive rent, and pay another 6k a month in maintenance wages (and bonuses for good crops.)

I have my locations set up for ease of use and are mostly automatic.
My workers get paid great salaries and make bonuses from selling units, get great holiday bonuses. Take them out partying/trips. I mix my own nutrients from scratch or use jacks/calnit and a few others things so nutrients aren't even a financial factor. Most my locations are running mainly off filtered condensate water, so low water bills. I am either personal friends or connected in some way with all my landlords. Nothing more than 1.20/sqft rent.
I have one location with really expensive electric(.40c/kwhr) and due to that that location can fluctuate up a little bit but as long as I get 2.2-2.5 my figures are usually around the bracket I stated previously.

I was up in the 500-700/unit range. But I changed everything and started focusing more on nutrient ratios. My yields went up a lot I also need less workers per location so less overhead all around.

ALso forgot, I use multiple trim machines. My process is to have 3 people at the end of the trim machine and I "hurry" the product thru the machine so it gets a light trimming and doesn't get beat up, then the workers clean up and place nugs on the nets. The units get cleaned up lightly before going in the bags.

Z

z-ro

LOL, man your yields must not be very good then.
I produce packs @ 150-250$ea with workers running EVERYTHING. You do the math buddy.
If you don't think its profitable to sell for 1800 you have "z-ro" business knowledge.

you use a trimming machine for indoor then you opinion is invalid, in my opinion. electricity alone costs 250 per month per light with a/c if youre on residential pge like lazyman. if you're growing sour, which is what we were specifically talking about at that price, and which would get mutilated in a trim machine, thats a minimum 85 day cycle. just call it three months and 2lbs/light, you're talking over 350 /lb on just electricity. add rent, supplies, wages, trimming I call 100% bullshit on your price per pound, we don't even see those returns on outdoor.

furthermore, lazy said his monthly running costs are around 40k, in his looking for help thread he described 3x 10 light operations, this is about the most outdated business model going, don't know how you could be any less efficient. what he's spends on monthly carrying costs he could have paid off multiple outdoor properties and be getting 1000s of units a year, or at the very least a large warehouse with single rent and lower electricity costs, i don't think its me who lacks business sense.

Good day

AWDTERROR

you use a trimming machine for indoor then you opinion is invalid, in my opinion. electricity alone costs 250 per month per light with a/c if youre on residential pge like lazyman. if you're growing sour, which is what we were specifically talking about at that price, and which would get mutilated in a trim machine, thats a minimum 85 day cycle. just call it three months and 2lbs/light, you're talking over 350 /lb on just electricity. add rent, supplies, wages, trimming I call 100% bullshit on your price per pound, we don't even see those returns on outdoor.

furthermore, lazy said his monthly running costs are around 40k, in his looking for help thread he described 3x 10 light operations, this is about the most outdated business model going, don't know how you could be any less efficient. what he's spends on monthly carrying costs he could have paid off multiple outdoor properties and be getting 1000s of units a year, or at the very least a large warehouse with single rent and lower electricity costs, i don't think its me who lacks business sense.

Good day

I didn't realize you were talking about sour specifically. I would never run a strain that takes 85 days. Everything I run finishes beautifully in 56-60 days. I have some different sour crosses and they take the same 56-60 days

Most of my locations are around .13-.16 cents per kwh for electric, I am not a PGE customer. Which means my electric is around 1/3rd the cost of a PGE customer paying .36-.40c kwh.
That makes a huge difference in overhead. By your math I pay 83$ per light per run.

My opinion being any less valid due to the use of a trimming machine is ridiculous. I used to pay a trim crew $125-150/unit for trimming before. Even with that extra overhead you still cant say that's not profitable. Not going to go through and break down the numbers for you.

You either haven't used a good trimming machine or haven't spent the time to dial in the use of a trimming machine. It becomes necessary when you get to a certain point.
I have some foxtailed strains that I run through I just have to send it through for less time and have the people at the bottom of the machine finishing them off.

Latest posts

Latest posts