What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

amannamedtruth

Veteran
some of you guys will be in for a surprise if cannabis ever goes truly legal worldwide...

people in California won't be able to even compete with countries with better climate; the prices will be very cheap...

but until then, make hay while the sun shines...

I believe that the US cannabis consumer has already been there, done that. Quality speaks volumes.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Got offered 1600 for everything from a delivery service in the bay area, might part with a B grade "banana kush " pack for 1600 (worst strain this year, no more untested phenos for me) but ain't parting with my og or cooks for less than 2k

Holding out for 18 on full sun kushes and seed strains. Most good og dep is goin for 17-18 and bds 15 or 16. Desperate people will take less.

furrywall11

what do you guys think? is 1600 a piece for a 40pack of greenhouse sour diesel that was harvested 10 days early but was grown with a ton of care and is really beautiful letting it go too cheap? I'd like to get 18...but, TBH I've been hearing from people whose word I trust that there are people selling units of "candy land" and other strains that are near indoor looking quality for 12 and 13..

Lochinvar

im here in ca too, and you guys are getting a very fair price for the goods. im bulk outdoor kinda guy, but the quality and genetics are great. come on up to !@#$%%^&* county and see the universe i live in. you guys got it good!

Furry, I would jump on that and not look back. Touchdown dance may be necessary.

For some perspective, last season I was pickin up sour d, blue champagne, dream queen for 8-900, very loud but overall b-b+, and indo quality cookies, cherry pie, and skywalker for 1000; he eventually raised ticket to 12 and i went elsewhere as there was no shortage of cheap product. locally it is very competetive and not seeing jump from last year for outdo.

Candyland is a cookie cross and is typically very good, so high demand and you say hes getting 12. Take the money and be thankful.

Best of luck.

Not sure what your point is. My point is ideal cannabis climate isnt any climate. Mediterranean,(a specific type of subtropical climate) ie warm dry summers is what you are looking for. I would hate to be limited on strain selection because of my climate. Around Perth is where i would want to grow outside if i was down there. Make sense?

G`day LH

[sarcasm font ] Yes your poor cousins down under .
We don`t have access to the internet . So quality genetics are just a dream . Only Mericans and speciffically Cali have any seeds / clones worth spending the time growing .[ sarcasm font / ]

We` just stand outside lickin the windows . FFS !

Geography lesson . Australia has tropical , Sub tropical and temperate regions . Pick a region and pick a strain .

Thailand is not humid during the cold season . It hardly rains around harvest . Phenomenon called monsoon brings the rain in wet season . Actually most of Thailand is drought declared ATM .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Furry, I would jump on that and not look back. Touchdown dance may be necessary.

For some perspective, last season I was pickin up sour d, blue champagne, dream queen for 8-900, very loud but overall b-b+, and indo quality cookies, cherry pie, and skywalker for 1000; he eventually raised ticket to 12 and i went elsewhere as there was no shortage of cheap product. locally it is very competetive and not seeing jump from last year for outdo.

Candyland is a cookie cross and is typically very good, so high demand and you say hes getting 12. Take the money and be thankful.

Best of luck.

Yeah that sounds like a sweet fucking deal, i would jump on that in a heartbeat, 40pack, pulled early, sour d, get it off in one shot and start over :) FAIR PRICE IMO

One thing that should be clarified in posts is LOCATION, i think it makes a big difference when your up in the mountains or mendo/sohum and the brokers have to come to you, you will always get less than taking to the metro areas directly to the dispensaries, its closer to the retail market so the price rises, ime, i got the time to run around the bay area for a bit, its not like i wont be there anyway so im in no real hurry.... might start delivery service... i really do hate dispensaries LOL

furrywall11

Yeah, location is key. Crazy things happen in the mountains at 12 and 13...but, it's work too no matter how you look at it schlepping a hundred + units from where you get it at 12 to where you can make more for it can be risky. What your neighbors do is also going to influence your thinking. Mine is getting 1500/unit for trim machined GSC crosses in a huge packs. and they were pulled hella early. Anyways, thanks for the feedback...I'm thinking 16 is good too. btw, I'm about 3 hours north of the bay so I'm not quite in the mountains.

sprinkl

Veteran
but you are right only in that as of now, in this moment, California is huge in terms of the herb, but can't change its latitude, its climates, its thermal floors, it is what it is... I didn't make the world or cannabis nor decided where it grows best, take your beef elsewhere with that :tiphat:

Looks like you're the one who's got beef!.. Cannabis adjusts extremely well to any climate. People located more north than 60N grow great cannabis. And there are no micro climates in California?

If you take an indica that's been bred in a dry temperate zone it will utterly fail in an equatorial zone. And vice versa for a sativa. Is sativa better? Is indica better? People will decide for themselves what they like best.
The 'best' cannabis will come from wherever people put enough time and effort to breed cannabis that excels in their climate. Which happens to be, California, BC, Netherlands, Spain, traditional hash or ganja countries etc etc. Great cannabis can even come from great mother Russia, if you use a suitable autoflower strain. California has a very strong growing and breeding community so I don't see why other places would suddenly be 'better'.

lets be honest, in California people started growing with seeds from Colombia, Mexico, Afghanistan, Thailand... ever heard of Haze? where do you suppose the genetic make up comes from? California? LOL!...

Well, they bred it there so I guess yeah. It's not like Colombian cannabis suddenly spawned into existence in Colombia. Weed supposedly originated in China so everything we smoke is Chinese landrace then?
Breeders nowadays call a strain theirs after only a couple or even one generation of breeding, it's a joke. I'm pretty confident Skunk and Haze and many varieties created in California have way, way more work put into them than other varieties. Even landraces, a lot of them are more nature's selection work than man's.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Not sure what your point is. My point is ideal cannabis climate isnt any climate. Mediterranean,(a specific type of subtropical climate) ie warm dry summers is what you are looking for. I would hate to be limited on strain selection because of my climate. Around Perth is where i would want to grow outside if i was down there. Make sense?

[]Anyplace with a mediterranean climate will grow great cannabis. Spain, austrailia, chile all have areas similar to cali...but they dont have the genetics.
G`day LH

You say we have good climate but not the genetics ?
I tried to show you we have access to the same stuff you guys do .
And stronger sun .

1 Week and I can have most any genes .

Its the Global Village . Will you be able to compete with Asian countries with ideal climates ? The same skills and genetics , as every one else in the global village .
Farmers in Thailand work for about 10 dollars a day . What`s your daily rate ? They would be happy to have 4K at years end .
Thanks for sharin

EB .

Storm Shadow

Veteran
40 units of a strain called Hash Berry @14 from Northern Cali brought down to SoCal

Generic sweet smell machine trimmed ...nothing special

One friend up North 400 units of GSC all at 16

EastBayGrower

Veteran
damn seeing some good numbers this year so far, i would say it does appear to be less herb on the market so far this year (or atleast more buyers) and going for 3-400 more than last year...

I am running into the usual a-hole dispensary/delivery buyers saying "I dont care what it is, I dont pay over 1600".. such a joke, they just care about there bottom line instead of getting patients the best meds, really sad when you think bout it... but i just smile and say "ok"

thanks for the numbers Storm Shadow, 400 packs of gsc at 1600 (someone fuckin' killed it!)

What is availbe on the internet is just a small diluted piece of the pie. I dont know anybody that buys seeds on the internet and i know a lot of growers. There are 100's if not 1000's of strains and hybrids in norcal not to mention nearly every clone only.

Greenhouse og and og hybrids 1900 50pk. Off brand full sun 1500 20pk. Mexican imports $0, nobody would buy that crap nowadays.

AWDTERROR

Plenty of herb being grown in Cali, its just a lot of it is getting taking to texas, florida, new York, new jersey etc. That's good though, it means less packs available to California dispensaries which in turn rises the price a little bit.

I have some east coast guys that will pre pay a week early on 50-100+ indoor packs.

bamboogardner

Everyone sold out? Let's keep the pricing posted please. There was talk about a shortage. When do we expect that to occur and how will it affect pricing?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i am damn near sold out over here...shit is flying faster than i can bag and weigh it. all the good stuff that is clean and mold free is 15-16. my gorilla glues and sour Ds are getting 18 in the bay area and i give it to my runners for a pt or two less. theres a bunch of 1-12s range but its all bunk. some of the 12s look good but they have traces of PM.

im actually seeing alot of PM on peoples bud these days....just saw some sungrown OG that a buddy brought down from humboldt that they paid 16 for. looked great and stank something serious, but i saw white mildew on some of the leaves. they were breaking it down via delivery service for 200 an OZ, they claimed it was from a farm that just placed top 3 in the humboldt mecca cup which surprised me.

my breakdown guys in bay area are charging 100-140 an OZ for the sungrown stuff coming off the hill and its flying very quick to the casual smokers.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i fully expect to be personally sold out by thanksgiving, and praying to god i can find enough neighbors to stock up through the winter.

theres gonna be a drought by march mark my word. winter dep crops are going to be the key....really shooting for an early april harvest this year so i can replug and have my 2nd dep flipped by may1st, and 3rd dep flipped by july15th.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am damn near sold out over here...shit is flying faster than i can bag and weigh it. all the good stuff that is clean and mold free is 15-16. my gorilla glues and sour Ds are getting 18 in the bay area and i give it to my runners for a pt or two less. theres a bunch of 1-12s range but its all bunk. some of the 12s look good but they have traces of PM.

im actually seeing alot of PM on peoples bud these days....just saw some sungrown OG that a buddy brought down from humboldt that they paid 16 for. looked great and stank something serious, but i saw white mildew on some of the leaves. they were breaking it down via delivery service for 200 an OZ, they claimed it was from a farm that just placed top 3 in the humboldt mecca cup which surprised me.

my breakdown guys in bay area are charging 100-140 an OZ for the sungrown stuff coming off the hill and its flying very quick to the casual smokers.

I hit third at the Mecca cup this year. First and second place was an indoor grower. Wonder if that OG you saw came from my seeds?