What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the key is to laugh your ass off when they try to hit you with those miniscule numbers. that's how I've been playing it for years. I was still at 4, until at most 2 years ago.

offers are just that, nothing more....and no one likes it when a grower can do math and tell them that they are making more than double off of it even at my price...I might not make a ton of friends but that's ok because I generally don't like people to begin with.

I fux with single digits...so no diagram for ya homie ;) I suppose it's apparent that there is a point of diminishing returns, no?

question: if you did have 50 wouldn't it make more sense to run around to drop say 10x 5# if you were able to get 28 a pop*5 = 14k*10=140k vs 50 at once for 2k? 50*2k=100k...call me frugal but I'd value a bit of running around at considerably less than $40k

rod58

bit sorry about butting in here , but down here in oz and on a good day we get about three and a half lb ..justified ,yes..SHOULD BE MORE ..here , if someone is caught , they'll take your house ,even if its proved that you made all the payments ridgydidge , and your car , your motorbike , chainsaw .etc.etc..do the people who complain about the price, care if the supplier loses all their assets ? look , i really have no in depth knowledge of your laws or the politics of whats happened in your country , we regularly watch "AMERICAN WEED" on tv ...lol..but WTF is happening there ? the tv show is , of course , speared towards the negative side of it all and i think i can sift through the shit a bit but seriously , who's idea was it to make it legal , decriminalized ..whatever ..surely this was always going to end badly on a lot of fronts ...look , i might be out of line here but i do admit my ignorance and am easily educated ..thanks .

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
bit sorry about butting in here , but down here in oz and on a good day we get about three and a half lb ..justified ,yes..SHOULD BE MORE ..here , if someone is caught , they'll take your house ,even if its proved that you made all the payments ridgydidge , and your car , your motorbike , chainsaw .etc.etc..do the people who complain about the price, care if the supplier loses all their assets ? look , i really have no in depth knowledge of your laws or the politics of whats happened in your country , we regularly watch "AMERICAN WEED" on tv ...lol..but WTF is happening there ? the tv show is , of course , speared towards the negative side of it all and i think i can sift through the shit a bit but seriously , who's idea was it to make it legal , decriminalized ..whatever ..surely this was always going to end badly on a lot of fronts ...look , i might be out of line here but i do admit my ignorance and am easily educated ..thanks .

Do you know what commissary is?

bobblehead

Veteran
a bit but seriously , who's idea was it to make it legal , decriminalized ..whatever ..surely this was always going to end badly on a lot of fronts ...look , i might be out of line here but i do admit my ignorance and am easily educated ..thanks .

you answered your own question at the beginning of your post regarding asset siezures. are you suggesting that kind of persecution should continue?

Take a smaller ticket, grow more, stay out of jail... sounds good to me.

marmarb

Veteran
nor cal was getting out door for 1 a unit so 12 wouldn't be that far out of line there was a good market in yreka a few weeks back

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
the key is to laugh your ass off when they try to hit you with those miniscule numbers. that's how I've been playing it for years. I was still at 4, until at most 2 years ago.

offers are just that, nothing more....and no one likes it when a grower can do math and tell them that they are making more than double off of it even at my price...I might not make a ton of friends but that's ok because I generally don't like people to begin with.

I fux with single digits...so no diagram for ya homie ;) I suppose it's apparent that there is a point of diminishing returns, no?

question: if you did have 50 wouldn't it make more sense to run around to drop say 10x 5# if you were able to get 28 a pop*5 = 14k*10=140k vs 50 at once for 2k? 50*2k=100k...call me frugal but I'd value a bit of running around at considerably less than $40k

Depends on how far you have to go to get the price, the time interval between transactions and the timing of the next wave of product...There's also a point of diminishing returns where transacting will take up so much of your time you can't get your grow on right...It's often better just to get rid of it and make more of it than to wait around for a few dollars in my experience.

rod58

no , i'm not suggesting that and as i said i don't have all the info ..the information that is fed to us here suggest that the extra problems introduced by decrimilization are a major drain on society , law and order , easier access to pot by minors etc ..i've been a grower for almost 40 years and have seen a lot of changes and i think when the government get their sticky fingers involved its not good ...just saying .

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I just figure you spend all the time and money to grow it correctly to begin with, what's another say week in the hustle to make your work worth 25% more? I know you'd spend a week during the duration of the grow doing whatever it may be if it was going to increase your final yield by 25% wouldn't you? nothing wrong with producing more, but that doesn't mean you have to undervalue the product, why not make 25% more and produce 25% more to achieve a total net gain of 31.25%

every stock broker on the planet would wait a week to cash out if their money was worth 25% more by doing so...that's a fairly simple concept. if you have to convince yourself it is better to make 75% at once than it is to make 100% in the 8-9weeks of downtime between harvests then I guess I can agree to disagree. I'd rather make more and move a single unit a day if there was that much of a difference in price...transactions don't take much time unless a drive is involved.

I think it's pretty fair to say you and I are in completely different leagues in terms of garden size, it's all gravy. here's to heavy harvests bro!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I just wanted those time machine diagrams.

You're right , it would be on paper better if one was able to work under the model you're suggesting and I would even be down if I didn't live in such a remote place.

santa rosa ain't close

Z

z-ro

Some people just live in fairytale land where they think having 5 units they pull out of a bedroom and move one at a time relates to the actual wholesale market in northern California where people need to move 50 at a time to pay the bills to grow the next 50 or 500. No time machine needed, just dab yourself into an oblivion and become delusional enough to believe whatever you want!

Some people just live in fairytale land where they think having 5 units they pull out of a bedroom and move one at a time relates to the actual wholesale market in northern California where people need to move 50 at a time to pay the bills to grow the next 50 or 500. No time machine needed, just dab yourself into an oblivion and become delusional enough to believe whatever you want!

Where is the line between wholesale and retail? I live in Norcal and I'm not aware of too many indoor growers moving 50 units per cycle. I know a few, but the vast majority are running less than 20 lights.

Wholesale outdoor prices

Wholesale outdoor prices

I think wholesale can be 5,10, 50, or 100. Picking up 50 or more with cash in the triangle will get you the best prices. Buyers in town putting together 100 packs are paying 12. Prices only go up from there. Getting 5 or 10 delivered to the bay or Tahoe, is 14-16. Our one buddy that is actually willing to go to LA gets 18 for singles. Nobody wants to go to LA.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
100 packs of SoCal Outdoor @ 900 each
Quality is pretty bad... Bad smell... Chunky nugs.. Phenos from seed that sucked ass

100 Blue Dream outdoor @ each 1300

Singles of animal cooks and glue holding steady @27. I can pick up a zip anytime for 200. It's some next level top shelf. I rarely see better in the clubs or at a cup. But if my guy has a bad round it slides to 25. Commercial warehouse og and cookies maybe 23/24. Sac to the bay is where I play. There will always be a market for those doin it the best. 530 I can find top shelf og outdoor at 15/16. Why would anything drop? Canopy restrictions popping up statewide are gonna cut what's available for 2015. I think numbers are gonna hold for awhile.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
530 I can find top shelf og outdoor at 15/16. Why would anything drop? Canopy restrictions popping up statewide are gonna cut what's available for 2015. I think numbers are gonna hold for awhile.

hopefully, the only threat i still see is the native american flood. there is some scary cheap herb coming out of the tribal lands and with the recent green light they are expanding. last time my broker was out there they were building light dep greenhouses left and right and they have zero canopy restriction or enforcement. on top of UCANNs' ukiah project, also heard of some tribal projects east of socal.

still can't believe santa cruz banned it…shasta, tehama, eldorado, butte, yuba, nevada, sutter, santa cruz, kern, fresno, lake all have bans and I'm sure theres more. and the ones who are safe in spots like calavaras better check the news, as their board of supervisors is also proposing canopy restrictions. gotta vote out all these BOS assholes, bet they are getting checks from ASA and the canna corps.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Fuck'em triple your outdoor production in all of those counties, and demand a jury trial. will there be 12 fuck wads who vote for conviction? I doubt it....

If they were going to chop you then your fucked anyway. Triple production and shove it right up their ass....

I've been committing felony cannabis violations on a near daily basis for over two decades... Let's see if they can get conviction one, before we worry about lowering production.

:joint:

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
http://www.cchi2016.org/fulltext.html

(i) Any person who threatens the enjoyment of these provisions is guilty of a misdemeanor. The maximum penalties and fines of a misdemeanor may be imposed.

II. (a) Repeal, delete, and expunge any and all existing state and local statutory laws and regulations that conflict with the provisions of this Act.

So under this 2016 measure anybody (kooks, mayors, police, county councilmen, etc) attempting to reduce growers rights would be charged with a misdemeanor.

Allows for the release and discharge of people currently being punished for non –violent marijuana offenses, saving taxpayers millions of dollars annually and freeing up jail space, judicial and crime fighting resources.

Latest posts

Latest posts