What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Allendawg

I'm up in Oregon thinking about these issues. Legalization seems like a big opportunity but I think it will be a tough market. We've already got some of the cheapest product in the country and I imagine prices will just keep dropping. Plus with a small population not that many customers. The two big op growers I know both ship out of state and they've been bitching about prices too.

It's good people will no longer be thrown in jail. Plus we will be able to grow our own so I will still be able to take care of myself. But I think in the end there will be a lot fewer people here making $$ than before.

Didn't you guys get smoked by mold couple years ago? When that happens prices should go up, if it didn't then something is seriuosly wrong. Pest, water,power cost, and plant limits are so bad here in Cali that the broker & dispensary bullshit is coming to an end.

Allendawg

Prices shooting up in Canada according to Canada thread now 2k in BC as high as 3k other places, No reason solid cali outdoor can't fetch $2,500

Prices shooting up in Canada according to Canada thread now 2k in BC as high as 3k other places, No reason solid cali outdoor can't fetch $2,500

Ha. I wish. I've seen so much beautiful outdoor going for about half that price. Sorry to say thats the reality I've seen in norcal.14 to 17 is the high end of what I've been seeing top shelf outdoor og and sours go for.

Allendawg

Ha. I wish. I've seen so much beautiful outdoor going for about half that price. Sorry to say thats the reality I've seen in norcal.14 to 17 is the high end of what I've been seeing top shelf outdoor og and sours go for.

17 outdoor cali is a great price. 17 for fake sour d in Cali even better, it's not the real deal, it's also that Happy Frog/ocean forest tea stuff grown buy guys who don't have a clue. You saying peeps in the Canada thread are misinformed.

Wendull C.

Veteran
@allendog you seem to make a lot of assumptions. Where do you figure the guys in nor cal don't have the real deal sour diesel. I know some breed down the flower time like a nice pheno of sour from so hum that finished in 8 weeks but lost a little taste of fuel.

I don't think the end user could tell the difference if they tried.

Allendawg

@allendog you seem to make a lot of assumptions. Where do you figure the guys in nor cal don't have the real deal sour diesel. I know some breed down the flower time like a nice pheno of sour from so hum that finished in 8 weeks but lost a little taste of fuel.

Most don't have it! By looking @ the gardens & by seeing what's running thru brokers. Totally agree that present consumers have no clue, but what happens if the real deal comes main stream? What happens when the real strain get worked on by real Botanist?

Allendawg

Again your are proving my point. Is the consumer getting what they are expecting from so hums Geno's? How is it a new pheno?(not saying it's not, just wondering) does the smoker want to $$$ for less taste. Are you the only one that can tell the difference? Quality continues to down hill here's a great example of why.

Wendull C.

Veteran
@allendawg no is getting fooled by the genetics. The guys are proud to have a strain that gives you mostly sour d. Smell taste and high with a shorter flower and a good yield.
It was breed with one of rez's lines and the clone only.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Aliendawg you can edit your posts, no need to take up the whole page with one liners, unless you are seeking attention

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I keep tellin my boy that if he wants me to run the sour, and run it right(11wks+) it's gonna be 36+...they want it...just gotta get the ecsd back in the lineup first hahaha

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
^ this right here.

Running a sativa dominant hybrid right now which goes 77+ days. The market doesn't seem to want to differentiate much between strains and the effort/time put forth to grow such genetics. I've got an entire month more of electricity & labor into this garden...as well as limiting the number of gardens capable in a year out of the same location.. it should certainly carry a higher ticket.

Not from CA, but I like the insight this thread has given me. My "all to one guy" broker seems to be trying to push the prices lower and lower in response to flooding import work. While I respect his position as a broker, I'm getting a few point higher then the outdoor stuff and it's getting pretty frustrating, borderline insulting. Apples & Oranges, but the import crap without fail gets pulled out every time to show me what coming in at $X.

I guess it's time to grab some of those gamma lids and bovedas in an attempt to work it between crops for a higher ticket. That or grow more; 50 day nothing specials that turnover quick. No incentive to grow longer finishers except the 1-off plant for the personal stash.

Anyone else have any of these smaller niche avenues developing as consumers develop a better eye for quality flowers? Still have friends collecting full ticket in our state (4k) by selling 1k 1/4s, but I don't seem to know enough people to accomplish this before my next cycle comes down. Seems I'm stuck between unloading in full to a broker for 25 (7-20 units at a time) or selling ounces here and there which ultimately is too slow to accomplish much. All who ya know I guess.

Not trying to complain too much as I see the writing on the wall. Just experiencing it a bit earlier then most in my region due to unloading to the same players shopping in CA markets.

Allendawg

Aliendawg you can edit your posts, no need to take up the whole page with one liners, unless you are seeking attention

Not seeking attention at all, just here to clear up the bullshit. my iPad cuts in & out. I'll be gone in a couple of months. I'll be back in 2016 or 2017 under a new handle, new location, new computer, like always. Never the same folks every time I come back, Gee I wonder what happened to those folks! lol

Allendawg

^ this right here.

Running a sativa dominant hybrid right now which goes 77+ days. The market doesn't seem to want to differentiate much between strains and the effort/time put forth to grow such genetics. I've got an entire month more of electricity & labor into this garden...as well as limiting the number of gardens capable in a year out of the same location.. it should certainly carry a higher ticket.

Not from CA, but I like the insight this thread has given me. My "all to one guy" broker seems to be trying to push the prices lower and lower in response to flooding import work. While I respect his position as a broker, I'm getting a few point higher then the outdoor stuff and it's getting pretty frustrating, borderline insulting. Apples & Oranges, but the import crap without fail gets pulled out every time to show me what coming in at $X.

I guess it's time to grab some of those gamma lids and bovedas in an attempt to work it between crops for a higher ticket. That or grow more; 50 day nothing specials that turnover quick. No incentive to grow longer finishers except the 1-off plant for the personal stash.

Anyone else have any of these smaller niche avenues developing as consumers develop a better eye for quality flowers? Still have friends collecting full ticket in our state (4k) by selling 1k 1/4s, but I don't seem to know enough people to accomplish this before my next cycle comes down. Seems I'm stuck between unloading in full to a broker for 25 (7-20 units at a time) or selling ounces here and there which ultimately is too slow to accomplish much. All who ya know I guess.

Not trying to complain too much as I see the writing on the wall. Just experiencing it a bit earlier then most in my region due to unloading to the same players shopping in CA markets.

The smokers want it but the growers empower the brokers & dispensary's in a real market this won't happen. The true talent is the grower not the broker, growers are brainwashed!

Allendawg

I don't want peeps to get the impression that I think all breeders are terrible. Solid beans still need a solid grower. Breeders are the architect they design the car, nutrient ,pesticide cos,soil, equip etc...are the pit crew, the grower is the driver. Usually the driver has the rarest skill set & it's the driver who puts his life on the line, that's why the driver should get all the glory! Can't win the race without each other. MJ market got it all mixed up, nothing but accidents waiting to happen! Lol

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
it's in a growers best interest to meet the demand of the buyer regardless of whether they even like the shit or not...sure some smokers would like to have some sour again, but until it's worth it on the growers end that's not going to happen...similar in a sense to cookies, there is a demand for cookies, yet many growers like myself will continue to not run cookies because it hurts the bottom line...

the only way to actually solve this would be to place an end value on the output of a light- basically every light will cost the buyer 5-6k regardless of the strain grown under it with certain exceptions for longer flowering varieties...that would be great, but damn unlikely to ever happen

Allendawg

it's in a growers best interest to meet the demand of the buyer regardless of whether they even like the shit or not...sure some smokers would like to have some sour again, but until it's worth it on the growers end that's not going to happen...similar in a sense to cookies, there is a demand for cookies, yet many growers like myself will continue to not run cookies because it hurts the bottom line...

the only way to actually solve this would be to place an end value on the output of a light- basically every light will cost the buyer 5-6k regardless of the strain grown under it with certain exceptions for longer flowering varieties...that would be great, but damn unlikely to ever happen

I disagree the way to handle this is to rely on the grower to set the price, period!

Snype

Veteran
It's up to the grower to figure out how to market their products to fetch a higher price to get away from the brokers. Fuck the brokers. To them weed is weed and it's all about the low price so they can make maximum profit.

It's all about the end customer. It's not that difficult to move 30 pound crops over a 10 week period. That's only 3 pounds per week. You'll make double the profit so in reality you only have to move half the crop to get what the broker would have low balled you. The rest is extra.

Like others have said, branding is key to high prices and staying ahead of the game. Clone selection is also key. It's not that difficult. If you can't get repeat business from retail, your product is not good enough. You shouldn't have to work hard to move your product. If your product is right, it moves itself. Find your niche market and figure out how to make your product look better than everyone else's. If your product can't move itself, maybe it's time to give up growing.

Snype

Veteran
the red part is all broker talk. green part should say i get to not its up to . wtf is up with all this 3rd person non sense ? the moments where you make decisions you are techinically being a broker and the moments where you watch the plants grow are when your a "grower" anytime your changing anything or buying anything new your being a "broker" and self hate is not cool .

This must be Blue Berry's new handle.