What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

redlaser

Veteran
at 800 you could be doing a lot worse. Spent a lot of time in the Midwest and wouldn't charge more than 700 a quarter for high quality. 700-800 a quarter for decent indoor in California wouldn't be the worst deal either for the seller

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
See me being a small grower in a red state ot make me not wanna go under 250z otherwise my 2-3 lb every other month isnt worth trying to sell it or take the risk to grow it its just the shit i see from co, im not impressed when i can do the same thing...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
wendull- I hope you aren't getting squeezed below that. that's the baseline for me, up to 36...I know your gear is worth top dollar

Allendawg

If there was 1 pound left in Cali everyone would still be saying going price is 1200! There are lots of dispensary owners & brokers on this site! CO is struggling to meet demand due to unqualified growers not shortage of growers! There is and will be shortages in all non Ag states! Quality & quantity of Cali has & will continue to go down! The entire industry is Ghetto zero business sense! If Quantity was going up you would see larger imports of raw materials (soil,lights etc) instead what you see is Hydro stores hanging on by a thread and no the primary distributors are not shipping in more raw materials! Cali has a constant turnover of growers since 2011. Each year old growers go broke and are replaced by new growers but the overall number stays the same and the quality goes down!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
If there was 1 pound left in Cali everyone would still be saying going price is 1200! There are lots of dispensary owners & brokers on this site! CO is struggling to meet demand due to unqualified growers not shortage of growers! There is and will be shortages in all non Ag states! Quality & quantity of Cali has & will continue to go down! The entire industry is Ghetto zero business sense! If Quantity was going up you would see larger imports of raw materials (soil,lights etc) instead what you see is Hydro stores hanging on by a thread and no the primary distributors are not shipping in more raw materials! Cali has a constant turnover of growers since 2011. Each year old growers go broke and are replaced by new growers but the overall number stays the same and the quality goes down!

Hmmmm. I think you are talking about Bizaro land. If there are shortages then price goes up, when there is a glut price goes down.

The entire industry ghetto with no quality? Perhaps you need to widen your search and find quality. Do you really believe AAA flowers and concentrates are unavailable?

:joint:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Thanks deezy. I was speaking abstractly about some of the shelves I see going to vend places and they tell me the best we can do is 2800. I tell them on my way out that's why their jars look like they do. You get what you pay for.:)

Last edited:

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I do believe in the whole you get what you pay for and thats why i feel like the markets been flooded with so much inferior bud that it makes it a little harder to get the good stuff oit to compete. Everyones got a plug for cheap. Wanting top dollar for a top shelf product imo is not the same as asking 200/z for sum prerun thats being resold.

redlaser

Veteran
Whadeez and Wendull, I have no doubt you guys are getting those numbers because higher paying customers do exist. Are you guys getting that north of so cal?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
The new song across the whole of this "great" Country of ours in Med states is " We never pay more than $____, per."

I'd agree with my colleague above - I say then, "Which is why you cannot latch onto hi-Quality Product, unless you get lucky. And thus, only exist taking meds off DESPERATE growers, of which I am not." Fostering NO long-term relationships with the top-notch producers. A big error if anyone wants consistent quality.

I could buy lesser, cheaper Nutes, Media and Additives, but I don't. It goes to My head too. Finally got something remotely resembling a Holy Grail Strain, so I don't mind the added expense of a regimen that works both for me as well as the plants.

When I can go into the store and say, " I usually never pay more than $___ for this or that nute/additive," I'll be convinced. But. for now, I CAN go online and get high-priced products for a good discount, if I can not get it locally. As of now, you cannot go online and order a p of this or that OG, or 6, with the Mail Lady delivering it only needing a sig. haha.

Short-sighted minds and business models are endemic to the Cannabis Industry from all fronts. It's endlessly absurd.

bobblehead

Veteran
As of now, you cannot go online and order a p of this or that OG, or 6, with the Mail Lady delivering it only needing a sig. haha.

I used to get a P of this and a P of that in the mail all the time.... now all of my packages coming from Cali have holes poked in them. Never signed for one of those packages either, it just got dropped off at the front door.

Allendawg

I've got all AAA I need I grow my own! Name 1 dispensary in Cali who has more than 3 high grade strains on the top shelf! ( 3 plus hour buzz, no ceiling) none of this 1.5 hour buzz for 55 an 1/8 th! Last year many dispensary's were paying $800 an lb

Allendawg

We are in the midst of a Global food shortage I guess MJ is the only plant on the planet that's not gonna have any problems! Once the dept of Ag steps in & starts testing you'll see how difficult it is to grow anything large scale!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I've got all AAA I need I grow my own! Name 1 dispensary in Cali who has more than 3 high grade strains on the top shelf! ( 3 plus hour buzz, no ceiling) none of this 1.5 hour buzz for 55 an 1/8 th! Last year many dispensary's were paying $800 an lb

Post a photo of some of your AAA grown, just for discussion sake....

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

From my albums

picture.php

picture.php

I really gave this run a lot of love.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
in so cal, outside of LA...there are still a few collectives that value high quality medicine, and donate accordingly.