What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Who has the best Chemdog nowadays?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100% it was the OG chem , and he talking about the Chemdog bx2 Male

There was no OG Chem from Reservoir seeds

I remember this guy winning the cup back then and reading was highest terps or potency back then or whatever and thinking wow that's some cool shit being 1 of my strains.
Anyone who knows him tell him would be nice to mention my company when he uses a strain to base of his whole seed co and not even a mention 😆 😂 , but gives credit the Reservoir Rat instead 😆 🤣 View attachment 19086512 View attachment 19086515
If not , someone show me the OG Chem Reservoir seeds released , @EExtinct ?

I could be wrong ( not on Rez thing)? but please someone help explain it to me ?

Multiple people used my strains in projects or cup wins over the years and 10% of those mention Connoisseur Genetics, others all forget to mention where the seed/strain came from.

I give mention strain/credit to every breeder i use said strain in hybrid , like it should be , but these days i guess that no longer exist with most people.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG chem mom selected , so 100% is the OG chem i released

Tell Rebelgrown thanks for the credit 😆 🤣 😂 😹, and he thanks a snitch instead ( Reservoir seeds) who had nothing to do with this strain i released under Connoisseur Genetics around 15 plus years ago

Screenshot_20241021_111452_Instagram.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also for the record the OG Chem Rebelgrown won a cup and started his whole seed co with was this lineage

OG Chem lineage =

Chem Og from Jimmy nitz ( later renamed motorbreath) x Chemdog bx2 Male

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to cause more drama and haters 😆 🤣 😂

But credit where credit is due.

I'm not taking nothing away from Rebel Grown as he worked it in his own direction over the years, hybrids, etc and won awards etc , just some credit for my strain would be nice that led rebel Grown to make seeds with the OG Chem ? , he says it nothing to do with me , but proves he wrong in his own reply to me ( I hear that we all stoners so memory etc) but Rez never released an OG Chem strain and as I said previous post that had me buzzing back then when rebel Grown won a cup with my strain 2014 ? , so you don't forget that shit

Anyone from those days know Rez never ever released a strain called OG Chem ( I think he confused with the Chemdogbx2Male used in OG Chem, closest back then was Chem OG ( Jimmy nitz) and that what was pollinated with the Chemdog bx2 Male Reservoir seeds that created the OG chem strain.

I still got the Original seeds and all F2 , bx generations from back then.

Rebel Grown won't accept my message request to speak on this matter but sent this reply proving was my strain OG Chem
Screenshot_20241021_145313_Instagram.jpg

bloyd

Veteran
Csg og chem was great, still run some crosses I made with it. I still preferred secret recipe which was similar but used the abusive cut and yielded 4x ogchem.

Shoutout out to Truecannabliss for providing you the cuts and males to make those great crosses.

JetLife175

Veteran
I hate to cause more drama and haters 😆 🤣 😂

But credit where credit is due.

I'm not taking nothing away from Rebel Grown as he worked it in his own direction over the years, hybrids, etc and won awards etc , just some credit for my strain would be nice that led rebel Grown to make seeds with the OG Chem ? , he says it nothing to do with me , but proves he wrong in his own reply to me ( I hear that we all stoners so memory etc) but Rez never released an OG Chem strain and as I said previous post that had me buzzing back then when rebel Grown won a cup with my strain 2014 ? , so you don't forget that shit

Anyone from those days know Rez never ever released a strain called OG Chem ( I think he confused with the Chemdogbx2Male used in OG Chem, closest back then was Chem OG ( Jimmy nitz) and that what was pollinated with the Chemdog bx2 Male Reservoir seeds that created the OG chem strain.

I still got the Original seeds and all F2 , bx generations from back then.

Rebel Grown won't accept my message request to speak on this matter but sent this reply proving was my strain OG Chem View attachment 19087342
If my memory serves me correct you're right about Rez never releasing a OG x Chem hybrid. The closest thing was the D-Kush which was a Chem D x Hindu hybrid.

He only really was crossing sour and chem D to things. Most his work lied in chem D work.

Sssdh being one of the outliers. I think he also did some cross with straw cough too.

he didn't have any OGs back then from what I know. Never showed any off either.

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not taking nothing away from Rebel Grown at all , as that was just the first in his project and he worked it further himself in his own direction and made many hybrids etc, just for history and my history of Connoisseur genetics seeds

But when seeing giving credit to Reservoir seeds for the OG chem ? , I had to say something and set the history straight, especially as Rebel Grown does some nice work

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If my memory serves me correct you're right about Rez never releasing a OG x Chem hybrid. The closest thing was the D-Kush which was a Chem D x Hindu hybrid.

He only really was crossing sour and chem D to things. Most his work lied in chem D work.

Sssdh being one of the outliers. I think he also did some cross with straw cough too.

he didn't have any OGs back then from what I know. Never showed any off either.
Try telling that to rebel Grown, he won't here it at all.
Even when explaining Rez never did an strain with that lineage back then 2008

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was in the market for Chem beans I'd get some of Verdant Green's.

So this thread was started 10 years ago and my C4DD was recommended...At the time it had been released for a year or two... since then it has been and still is one of my best selling varieties.. it was taken to F2 about 5 years ago and has remained just as popular (the F2s have a little bit more variation but all within legit Chem Funk just slightly different mixtures, garlic, sweat, Brussels sprouts, Scallions, Turpentine and Pine.
(C4DD started with a selected C4D Male from Rez's release (thanks @theherbalizor !), which i bx'd to the Chem D clone), so it is mostly Chem D with a bit of Chem 4 influence in some plants.
C4DD F2 grown by 'dots'
dotsc4dd.jpg

Also, i tried another Bx to the Chem D and made Contra D / C4DDD - which caused a transformational segregation of a lot of the stunted/streaky Chem D genes into a quarter of the offspring and extra vigor and health in the remaining 3/4. (if you count Rez's back-crosses then this is the 4th bx essentially 'cubing' the D )
I have just done a big selection of Contra D, hopefully removing by selection the stunted plants from the line. Just testing the F2s now but there are a few F1s still left for sale.
Contra D is also Chemmy as we would expect, but the pine and turpentine funk is bought to the foreground giving fewer of less loud 'nasty' chem smells, and there is less variation. It has a very strong taste and a heavy but euphoric high.
Contra D / C4DDD
contraDharvestnug.jpg

I also Crossed C4DD back to the Chem 4 clone and made C4DD4, which has more Lemon/Diesel/kushy notes
C4DD4
C4DD4trimnug2.jpg

anyone seriously looking for a Chemdog from seed should perhaps give them a try...

VG :tiphat:

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried quite few chemdog from seeds like chemdog ibl, original diesel x chem d, chem 3 x appa, neroli, chem d x herijuana.

But the best plant were from the c4dd f2 from verdant.

i kept 4 for the clone run. i will keep one for sure !

My fav girls had amazing flavors and effect.

The flavor is a well balance savoury garlic socks / sweet pine fuel.

The effect make my body feel lighter and my head feel relax, foctional, very happy and positive vibes.

C4DD f2
View attachment 19084737

View attachment 19084738

View attachment 19084740

View attachment 19084741

View attachment 19084742
I missed this! really glad you liked it and thanks for posting the great quality pics. Let us know how the clone run goes !
VG 🙏

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm not taking nothing away from Rebel Grown at all , as that was just the first in his project and he worked it further himself in his own direction and made many hybrids etc, just for history and my history of Connoisseur genetics seeds

But when seeing giving credit to Reservoir seeds for the OG chem ? , I had to say something and set the history straight, especially as Rebel Grown does some nice work
Dan says the OG Chem line started with a female from pack of res seeds that were the Chem side crossed to a male from a different breeders pack of seeds that was an SFV hybrid and he named the cross og chem.

not that he started with a female from res work named og chem.

every time I've heard him talk about it he gives credit to the original 2 different packs of seeds that he crossed together to start the line. makes it more impressive to me than if he started with all the original clones, amazing amount of selection and breeding happening at his op and he has a vision and direction that has produced offspring better than the clone onlys that originated the starting stock.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dan says the OG Chem line started with a female from pack of res seeds that were the Chem side crossed to a male from a different breeders pack of seeds that was an SFV hybrid and he named the cross og chem.

not that he started with a female from res work named og chem.

every time I've heard him talk about it he gives credit to the original 2 different packs of seeds that he crossed together to start the line. makes it more impressive to me than if he started with all the original clones, amazing amount of selection and breeding happening at his op and he has a vision and direction that has produced offspring better than the clone onlys that originated the starting stock.
Honestly not trying to bust his balls but I spoke with him several times and nothing adds up at all.
I used to make seeds for Rez and knew his drops very well, there was no og chem from 2008 or EVER a strain named OG Chem from Reservoir seeds( his story then he popped them 2 years later) or anyone else , everyone called it chem og thats why we named it OG chem.

The OG Chem was with the Chemdog bx2 Male from Reservoir seeds, that im 99.9% is what he is getting confused.

He said he has pics of the packets he used, ask him to post up the pics of packets as he said he was going to , but after several back and forths explaining i made several batches for Reservoir seed batches for Rez ( not og chem or chem og but know Rez catalogue well) he just wouldn't accept it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Gry

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's bullshit also, as i got messages from rebel stating the 1st thing he run for a while and later entered was just the og chem ( Reservoir seeds), then years later he started the bx.

Then he took it in his own direction (bred) and won many cups with that, which is all his for sure

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also my seeds were first sold as OJD on packet of seeds at bay then , sold as CSG in packets not Connoisseur Genetics, maybe he confusing CSG with Rez or OJD who knows, but he said he had pics on his hard drive of Reservoir seed OG Chem packet.
He definitely mistaken 100%

Dan said he has pics of Original packs so easy to post a pic ?

Reservoir seeds never released OG Chem , only Connoisseur Genetics , many people of course had Chem x OG 's just never called OG chem until after i dropped that online , trust me we looked all over web before and all was called Chem OG , thats why we callled it OG chem, as was just a Chem OG x Chemdog bx2 Male

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So in 2012 he had OG chem still , then from 16th place at the cup or whatever , then after he worked it in his own direction to his own seedline for sure and won multiple cups witu it , so not taking anything away as most was his own work.
Just the 1st initial strain he used wasn't his , he thinks was Reservoir seeds OG Chem but 100% not , as thats my strain

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe Rez did have a Chem OG that testers were grown by a few people in 2009 but release didn't make it before the fall of Rez, and they were not called OG Chem AT ALL

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
( I screenshot the messages with him when his story started changing)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You could re release the seeds and advertise them as the genetics that bred a cup winner.

Frequently when I purchase seeds I am looking for the parents or grandparents of the "magic" beans.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know its hard for people to give Connoisseur Genetics credit for anything as so many haters 😆 , but multiple cups have been won with Connoisseur Genetics strains , many breeders use my strains , some mention my company most don't, and im just sick of any credit left of any success people use with my own strains.

And for Dan to credit Rez the POS with my OG Chem dan used to build his whole seed co.

Also one other thing I remember when rebel posted the 12th or whatever in the cup as i was buzzing back then thats hiw I know its him , as i see him over the years use it in his x's and he released double OG Chem which i had already released to ( his Double OG Chem nothing to do with me or mine apart from his 1st mother used OG Chem or As he thinks Reservoir seeds)
As i told him i made seeds for Rez and there was NEVER EVER AN OG CHEM , then story started changing from Dan saying people call it OG Chem because SFV x Chem , no 99.9% used to call it chem OG , trust me we scour the net before naming it OG chem.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could re release the seeds and advertise them as the genetics that bred a cup winner.

Frequently when I purchase seeds I am looking for the parents or grandparents of the "magic" beans.
Im not wanting any credit , as I told dan that all his work he bred once he bred it , just that its known that it wasnt a Reservoir seeds OG Chem packet for his initial strain he started with , and im not making this shit up