What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

mudballs

Inclusiveness generates those displeasurable and avoidable events that only darken a persons day, instead of enlightenment finding its own path

moose eater

Inclusiveness generates those displeasurable and avoidable events that only darken a persons day, instead of enlightenment finding its own path
There needs to be a more immediately available head-scratching/thinking emoji added to the accessible emojis at the bottom of the post block.

moose eater

We've frequently had fun in other countries stumbling through these things but that was often involving hospitable and patient people.

On the other hand, if one ever finds themselves in need of a firearm, and instead gets a loaf of bread, that could be problematic.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
That was my riding a public transit bus in Flensburg Germany. I was fucking lost there, lingually, about 50% of the time or more. Bakeries near Ulsby were easier; just giggle with the women behind the counter and point very accurately at what it is in the case that you want, using my fingers to tell them 'how many'..

The Dutch are required to take 2 foreign languages, as well as Dutch, and tend to be 95% fluent in English. Ordering food, drugs, and/or cannabis there, or getting around the countryside, was MUCH easier. They're far more hospitable toward what are often uni-lingual people like many/most Americans tend to be... including me..

Though I did take 2 years of French 1 in high school, mostly while extremely stoned. But (in French) I can order fish or chicken, or apples/apple juice, ask you what time it is, reference your bicycle, tell you "I'm sorry, but I need to go" or ask you when your birthday is.

In Thai with Chinese dialect, I can still say, "Hello, how are you, where is the opium?" Years ago I could ask, "Is there a back door?" and "Where can I find a gun?" :)
Hope you're doing well buddy. Cold is probably starting to creep in for the first time. Been 59 a few mornings, took out the blanket. It's nice. Though I really don't mind sweating. I have Central air conditioning in my apartment. I still walk 6 miles a day in the Summer. Going to see the Toronto Blue Jays and Red Sox next Thursday with Mom. We have a great time.

moose eater

Hope you're doing well buddy. Cold is probably starting to creep in for the first time. Been 59 a few mornings, took out the blanket. It's nice. Though I really don't mind sweating. I have Central air conditioning in my apartment. I still walk 6 miles a day in the Summer. Going to see the Toronto Blue Jays and Red Sox next Thursday with Mom. We have a great time.
We're back into premature cold and EXTENDED wet. T'was a SHITTY summer that way, overall.

moose eater

A favorite album with a LOT of expensive studio time behind it, which I gave to my daughter a few years back when we connected in Tok Junction, Alaska or Beaver Creek, Yukon Territory, Canada, exchanged some fish (fathom that!!) and she drove off the next morning, into the darkness, at about 5:00 AM, for my friend's home in Carcross. Never was there a sadder view of red taillights fading into the darkness. An empty feeling. We'd just (temporarily) reconciled some of our differences, and she was gone again, headed down to Lousy-anna via numerous stops on the way.

She gave the CD to a friend who was riding with her, another travel nurse. The other nurse reportedly liked it more than my daughter did. :(

Keyboards were dubbed in remotely by a Deadhead and former Fairbanks fellow I knew over 40 years ago, now living in the Portland, Oregon area.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts