What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What is your average Grams Per Watt?

What is your average Grams Per Watt?

• 0.25 gpw

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 0.50 gpw

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • 0.75 gpw

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • 1 gpw

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • 1.25 gpw

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • 1.50 gpw

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1.75 gpw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2 gpw

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2.25 gpw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2.50 gpw

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2.75 gpw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 gpw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Oh meow.. I screwed up my delicious reply!! Oh well...

I was gonna say... You have De's already you don't need to spend more money on cmhs... that said CMhs are amazing, low power, low heat.. But your DEs at 1000 watts will be more output and likely quality of light.. You'd have to have 3-4 315 cmh's to equal or better a 1000 watt De, but you'd likely have a better footprint, and less heat, etc. It always depends of course. But unless you need more light you already have enough I'd say for whatever you are doing.. They are good as a low power, low heat option, and yes they do seem to produce exceptional quality overall... Supposedly due to the uv.. which is odd still since that has been disputed, so maybe its also overall the "full" spectrum of light with more of all the colors...

More yellow light may also correlate with yield overall as well.. So while adding blue/other colors/uv ups quality, to get that yield, one may still want or desire that very high peaking intense yellow that is found in traditional hps lighting.. Which again perhaps means mixing ballasts and lights to get the best optimal spectrum, quality, and intensity.

Adding a bunch of CMhs at this point isn't going to be an option but one of the side light fixture 'might' make me make the change....low heat, cost? = no brainier.....some say kill performance, I'm not the type to discount new(er) tech. So far the DE's are out performing any prior lighting system I used, niffy wattage tun down, helps with tender veg plants and transition into flower, as I've had some wilt at full power. Now I ramp it up over a week before they are fully blasting. Yield has improved. So glad I have 10 foot ceilings.

Also that frost bucket strain you should cross out to a heavy yielder and select some nice yielding frost nuggets from seed, that shit looks fire! BUT has no f'n yield though.. Well, it's not that bad, its actually not foxtaily which is really good, but its too bad its not beafier. Looks like its a cross thats either from the glue or cookies line with all the frost.

Yep a cookie(OKGB 2.0) x (GG#4)seems so far to have the micro nug syndrome often seen in their offspring....the smoke is out of this world, sweaty forehead on the first rip. Which was gifted to me. Although, I'm retired from the union I run my own now. Easy for the most part, no dirty hands at least and routing tasks get regulated to others, there is still the time it demands of me....being the boss ain't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe I can juggle a few things and find the time to build an isolation camber or two. A beast with frost would be helpful to say the least.

I was thinking of putting a zero option but meh.. Again I figure one can round down, and that is about, well, screw ups! and they certainly happen plenty of times. And sure someone could screw up 3 times in a row and get zero to .25gpw. LoL I've done it... And I donno about 3gpw either.. Seems.. Too much.. But I threw it out there for whatever in case so as to have that other extreme end of the spectrum, can't hurt to put it out there. Which from the looks of the poll so far only 2 people if accurate in their calculations are getting around 2gpw. Which is killer! 1-1.25 is definitable doable.. Surprised to see no more mid level data there though, like no 1.5... hm.. meh.. this is why hopefully it fills out more in time as more people vote.. Orr, heh, in time, I do a the what is your gpw meow poll..

If pictures had to be posted with the claim of some of the larger GPW's you would have less claims, just saying. So easy to say...a whole nothere thing by posting a pic to show the grow that produced those #'s....come on 9 people....one could have been posted by now.....

peace joe :tiphat:

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Father (GG#4) x Mother (OGBK 2.0) result:

picture.php

dry

picture.php

peace joe

I have more beans to pop...yuck, I know some love that, me? well....hell, might be a yeilder in those, hopefully w/ out losing the kick in the ass it now has...I have to be less of a lazy grower....which is an oxymoron in my book.

peace joe :tiphat:

Gettin about 12-15 ave per plant..no veg most was in the 40 gram range....need to get 16.6 per plant for space/time/cycle...perpetual sog...400 watt...

Cannabologist

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So easy to say....whole nothing matter proving it. [/FONT]
Sure anyone can lie with the poll, but, what's the point? You are only lying to yourself, and about how good you are doing. I don't care what anyone's harvests were, nor does anyone else.. It's not a "who did the most", its a "whats everyone getting". Most people are on average with everyone else, which is also on par with similar studies for the most part. If they're lyin they're lying.

One main point is improvement, and/or maintaining. Lying serves oneself no purpose in this regard, and lying to a poll isn't getting you bragging rights either. Such a person is only fooling themselves. And lying in a thread will get you called out and tarred and feathered when people call for proof in pictures.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sweaty forehead on the first rip.[/FONT]
!!!! ... We should talk lol.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
my last harvest was 55 ounces at 28 grams per ounce , that 1540 grams , under 3 lights set at 750 watts each , thats 2250 watts ... so my gpw average was 0.6844
& thats about average for me .....

View Image

Excellent work....your one of the ICmag grower's i admire. Hard work, so glad your out of the attic. Basements make exceptional grow spaces. You are showing how it SHOULD be done...oh, yeah, thanks for the picture...big help in getting the numbers wrapped around my head....beautiful flowers(as always) and your set-up is clean as shit...only sprouts is cleaner, but I think he has a touch of OCD...j/k

peace joe

captain planet

Veteran
Just being honest here- I average 9 oz per run under a 600 in a 4x4 tent with 3x3 screen using a water only soil mix. That's only about .42 per watt at 252g/600w but plenty for me

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Even though I have all those cuts captain, except the blue dream, it's still a hell of a list of mothers. I smoke cookies all day, great day time smoke.

The OGBK to puts me to sleep at night and when really trying to impress a guy...usually a women, lol. I break out the s dub. Potent and oh, so tasty. I've yet to smoke anything as tasty as the s dub.

The GG#4 has the ability to cut thru any of the high of the others and lets you know you smoked glue....mostly 'cause, at least for me her rankness can sometimes have me leaving a lung on the floor in front of me ...cough, cough, cough. She makes my forehead sweat with her kick. Cracking a jar of glue and sure as hell everyone in the house knows what's up...lol

You pull what you pull...so what? As long as your keeping yourself in smoke, all's cool, right?

peace joe

EDIT....the cory cut I use as a substitute for the s dub, I can't really give a reason why other than I hate to run out of the s dub and grab the stardog jar so that doesn't happen. My wish is that the s dub would somehow find a way not to be such a snail in veg....a true slow poke, sigh.

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i love all the outlandish claims with no pics to back it up !!!

Bobby Boucher

I've broken .9 few times, but only once with anything worthwhile. Usually .7-.8. Always 1 scrogged plant per 600 with co2 supplementation, vegged out for however long it takes til I deem it large enough to flower. Usually 7-8 weeks and a shitload of lst.

I would personally consider my buddy (and his product) to be the best in the biz, and he gets .7-.8 growing the same cut under the same conditions with intensive training. FWIW though, I always try and make myself feel better about having to crawl all through the trellis every morning by imagining 1200 grams all together.

outdoordreams

Thank you dansbuds, I will break down these outlandish claims and then I will get pics within the next few weeks uploaded for you to see.

So grams per square foot is my preferred measurement.
So under 1000 watt Gavita lights we are averaging around .88grams per day per square foot.
Under regular digital 1000watts with two year old bulbs we are averaging 0.88grams per day per square foot.

----------------------
@3.75 lbs per 1000 watt gavita
1700 grams per 1000 watts
25 square feet
77 day cycle (8 flower 3 veg)
22 grams per day per 1000 watts
0.88 grams per day per square foot
---------------------
@2.4 lbs per 1000 watt digital ballast
1089 grams per 1000 watt
16 square feet
77 day cycle (8 flower 3 veg)
14.15gram per day per 1000 watts
0.88 grams per day per square foot

----------------------
These numbers are consistent over a number of larger rooms.

We use 36plants per 3x1000 watt digital in a 4 foot by 12 foot bed.
We use 60 plants per 5 foot by 15 foot bed.
Plants usually finish between 2.5 feet tall to around 4 feet tall depending on the strain.

You can see using the gavita we are getting amazing gram per watt but in my opinion the result per square foot is the important number.

We are working to improve on these numbers.

Next room may break the 1.7 grams per watt,
but it will be 14 days longer too, so we will see if the gram per day per square foot is better.

Last edited:

outdoordreams

Did just over 3.1 lbs per 1000 watt hps.

Not a great photographer, sorry.
Rockstar x bubba
11 weeks flower and 3 weeks veg
Essentially producing the same grams per day per square foot as the 8 week strains above.
Clean ash. Great smoke.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Trichomez1

I run an 8 week strain usually. Should i be adding 3 weeks of time of my next flower run to compare to an 10 or 11 week strain. If so my .75 per watt goes up to 1gpw.

Rondon

I've been growing for a long time, since we used to grow in cali National Forests. I've grown indoors in the past at 1gpw with big yielder's. Now a days with my strain choices, mostly kushes, I'm at .56 for the last three.
Strain choice makes a big difference.

indoor past: more than a gram per watt

View Image

View Image

View Image

indoor Present: .56GPW

View Image

View Image

The quality from the photos looks night and day. Beasters/monster yielders vs super frost low yield but top shelf. At least from the photos. Now...trying to get the top shelf low yield gear to yield is where Ive been last few years. And lemme tell ya...ALOT easier with newer DE hps and cmh amd the cob/quantum board lights. No reason fo me or my pals to grow old school beaster buds anymore. The closest I get is Blue Dream and thats just a couple plants or so for a specific patient. I will take the top shelf and try and make it yield (its not very difficult if you control the environment and plant canopy) over the easy to grow and pull easy weight gear anyday. First off....the beasters are hard to sell. Second...I dont care for the lower quality and neither do my patients. Nice comparison photos though. Says alot.

Hey can any of the 9 people who voted that they achieved an avg of 1.25GPW or more post up a pic of there current garden. I'd be very interested and grateful for full room shots. I'd like spectacular gardens with thigh size buds. :woohoo: Many of you must have some serious skills and genetics....Please post up and share your success with the family. :tiphat:

peace joe
I have found from observation and experience that most people that claim yields above 1g/w are liars that have no evidence to back it up. Your 1g+/w pic in post #58 is as good as it gets.

cheers :tiphat:

Americangrower

Veteran
I get roughly 1 to 1.25 I have 40 plants under 3 x 600hps/mh I get 2 zips a plant (roughly) some more some slightly less. Tho it's really not exact since I grow perpetual
picture.php