What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What is your average Grams Per Watt?

What is your average Grams Per Watt?

• 0.25 gpw

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 0.50 gpw

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • 0.75 gpw

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • 1 gpw

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • 1.25 gpw

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • 1.50 gpw

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1.75 gpw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2 gpw

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2.25 gpw

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2.50 gpw

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2.75 gpw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 gpw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Floridian

Veteran
Yea joe I got lucky not all tasted that way.Sometimes it happens,not often enough though.I reminded me of the BG Apollo 11 back in the early 2000"s,same general terps only twice the yield and the potency was there.I only carried it for about a year when I had to abandon ship to care for a relative.Hopefully again one day..

soundman

I voted .5 GPW.

My last one was 17 oz dry off two GG4 S1's. That's .4 GPW. Grown in straight coco in 3 gallon pots hand watered DTW. Two 600 watt HPS. That was my second run using just dry Maxi series nutes.

I usually run four plants. The last several runs were two plant dealios.

ubi

315s cmh x9 over a 9x9, multi feed dtw coco, salt system
1.25g a watt everytime or more if I wouldn't just grow kush

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
315s cmh x9 over a 9x9, multi feed dtw coco, salt system
1.25g a watt everytime or more if I wouldn't just grow kush

Hey ubi, what kush's are you growing? I'd be very interested on a kush that could achieve those #'s. Also, if you can, post up a pic of that 1.25GPW grow. Must be a sight. :woohoo:

What are your veg times, separate veg/flower space, cycles per year?

peace joe

Last edited:

ubi

Can't pull photos from album, (new to a tablet, my laptop died) please look into my album Dave's mix salts, those were grown under 315s cmh bulbs pulled at 54 days too. Those bulbs are gods gift to growing efficiently and quickly too, u just need more space. And requires less cooling.

ubi

At the dispo they grow every kinda og, glue, mendobreath, ogkb, in the Pines, nothing but the headi

ubi

To answer about veg (cut clone to harvest =90days max) and 4 plants a light in a 5 gal plastic grow bag

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
ubi,

I checked the album. I have a couple of the same cuts. Unfortunately I see no room shots and I'd be grateful if you could take a pic w/ your tablet of your current grow.

Your not the only person who has turned me on to cmh. Hammer runs them too and is always saying how they kick ass. My DE"s are new and I just burned them in, so it might be 6 months or so before I pop for one cmh to give it a trail, but it will happen.

What kind of tablet? I'm pretty competent when it comes to any computer stuff. I have both an iPad pro and galaxy tab A and can walk you thru posting pics.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hey can any of the 9 people who voted that they achieved an avg of 1.25GPW or more post up a pic of there current garden. I'd be very interested and grateful for full room shots. I'd like spectacular gardens with thigh size buds. :woohoo: Many of you must have some serious skills and genetics....Please post up and share your success with the family. :tiphat:

peace joe

Floridian

Veteran
At the other end of the spectrum,I smell burnt pants lol.Not that it cant be done but averaging it?I honestly would like to believe some of us are that good.Please don't take offense you unbelievably talented people with extra-terrestrial strains.My words are actually quite tasty,as I have dined on them more than once and certain pics would have me fitting my bib.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Wellpp, especially for purposes of the poll, not following what is there, really F's it up... If some wants to make up their own thing, and use that, they should, go for it! Make your own system upon what is there for you to make improvements upon yourself, at this point people have their own thoughts so they should do that for their own purposes as they do things..

But do that yourself. Not for this. If I wanted to over complicate it with "XYZ this", "number plants that", "this time not that"..> Well, that'd get complicated. This is why I gave it 5 minutes of thought and figured, nope it's easy. It takes out all those personal variables, all those other variables.

We can't measure quality. That is terpenes. We are getting people to pay for terpene tests now?? No, you can weigh your shit and know your lights and thats it. Easy peasy. Meow.

But for kinda science, use the metric that's there... Which really, the data I've accrued is pretty solid at this point, AND is also on par with the averages from studies I've read that have in essence asked the same thing, what are home growers and so on getting as per yields, and how much power do they use, and I got a sweet bell curve! MEOW!! Look at that f'n curve!.. God damn some perfect data going on there! Which I gotta find and get to posting those other articles with similar data.. Which was another lil "secret" to this :biggrin:

Cannabologist

Veteran
ubi,

Your not the only person who has turned me on to cmh. Hammer runs them too and is always saying how they kick ass. My DE"s are new and I just burned them in, so it might be 6 months or so before I pop for one cmh to give it a trail, but it will happen.
Oh meow.. I screwed up my delicious reply!! Oh well...

I was gonna say... You have De's already you don't need to spend more money on cmhs... that said CMhs are amazing, low power, low heat.. But your DEs at 1000 watts will be more output and likely quality of light.. You'd have to have 3-4 315 cmh's to equal or better a 1000 watt De, but you'd likely have a better footprint, and less heat, etc. It always depends of course. But unless you need more light you already have enough I'd say for whatever you are doing.. They are good as a low power, low heat option, and yes they do seem to produce exceptional quality overall... Supposedly due to the uv.. which is odd still since that has been disputed, so maybe its also overall the "full" spectrum of light with more of all the colors...

More yellow light may also correlate with yield overall as well.. So while adding blue/other colors/uv ups quality, to get that yield, one may still want or desire that very high peaking intense yellow that is found in traditional hps lighting.. Which again perhaps means mixing ballasts and lights to get the best optimal spectrum, quality, and intensity.

Also that frost bucket strain you should cross out to a heavy yielder and select some nice yielding frost nuggets from seed, that shit looks fire! BUT has no f'n yield though.. Well, it's not that bad, its actually not foxtaily which is really good, but its too bad its not beafier. Looks like its a cross thats either from the glue or cookies line with all the frost.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Haha who the hell is getting 0.25?[/FONT]
I was thinking of putting a zero option but meh.. Again I figure one can round down, and that is about, well, screw ups! and they certainly happen plenty of times. And sure someone could screw up 3 times in a row and get zero to .25gpw. LoL I've done it... And I donno about 3gpw either.. Seems.. Too much.. But I threw it out there for whatever in case so as to have that other extreme end of the spectrum, can't hurt to put it out there. Which from the looks of the poll so far only 2 people if accurate in their calculations are getting around 2gpw. Which is killer! 1-1.25 is definitable doable.. Surprised to see no more mid level data there though, like no 1.5... hm.. meh.. this is why hopefully it fills out more in time as more people vote.. Orr, heh, in time, I do a the what is your gpw meow poll..

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The reason I dont really use GpW as a true measure...

Years ago we had a chance to throw up a grow quickly in the corner of a loft, ultra low budget, mostly done with scraps. I had a "high yielding commercial" variety from CIA called Articola Light (never heard of it since from anybody) ... So we stuck a few random cuttings into pots and vegged under 1x 600w and 1 x 400w. As they grew, we spaced them out more, and more, to fill the space and give them space..in truth in the end it was probably over 2.5m sq grown, but under 1000W... ultimately in low light levels, under 400w/m, but we harvested 1.8k dry, 1.8g/w an incredible yield, measured just by light/yield... So that is why I always think you have to include space and time in calculations

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
The reason I dont really use GpW as a true measure...

Years ago we had a chance to throw up a grow quickly in the corner of a loft, ultra low budget, mostly done with scraps. I had a "high yielding commercial" variety from CIA called Articola Light (never heard of it since from anybody) ... So we stuck a few random cuttings into pots and vegged under 1x 600w and 1 x 400w. As they grew, we spaced them out more, and more, to fill the space and give them space..in truth in the end it was probably over 2.5m sq grown, but under 1000W... ultimately in low light levels, under 400w/m, but we harvested 1.8k dry, 1.8g/w an incredible yield, measured just by light/yield... So that is why I always think you have to include space and time in calculations

Exactly

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Bad Picture but it's of my 1GPW gardens, posted on page four anther 1+GPW). I'm looking for the monster buds. :biggrin:

picture.php

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Oh meow.. I screwed up my delicious reply!! Oh well...

Cannabologist

If pictures had to be posted with the claim of some other the larger Gpw's....your not going to many less such claims, just saying. So easy to say....whole nother matter proving it. IMO ...I'll hold to my stated claim .56 and I can grow wit the the best of them.

I still have that NL X SK#1(Dwc w/power heads for o2 and an individual chiller too)my bet she really blows up with ten foot ceiling and DE's....GPW, who knows till weighting but I bet most people would think so......1GPW+

A pic is worth a thousand words..
.and NONE ARE POSTING pics....so far...LOL....except Dan, badass that he is.

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my last harvest was 55 ounces at 28 grams per ounce , that 1540 grams , under 3 lights set at 750 watts each , thats 2250 watts ... so my gpw average was 0.6844
& thats about average for me .....

picture.php