What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What is the strongest smelling gas/diesel/fuel strain in your experience?

Dankwolf

Sour d original cut . not sure on other cut seeds aviable . karma seams to have a close repersintion of the old sour d . not sure if it has the overwhelming smell though .(I have not grown it ) .

There are many strains that are fuel as f**k . check the local vender here on ic . I am sure you can find something.

mor10bu

hey folks,
any latest strains you would put in that category that maybe are available as seeds? looking for that gas
station fuel smell.

Uludag

Chat Moderator
hey folks,
any latest strains you would put in that category that maybe are available as seeds? looking for that gas
station fuel smell.

@ojd had a Original Diesel project release lately i think, had a few good experiences with his seedbank. If you are interested you can just write a pm to him for the strainlist.

kro-magnon

Veteran
The strongest gasoline smelling plants I got came from White Diesel seeds from White Label, it was long time ago but the seeds are still available. Honestly the smell was so similar to real gasoline I didn't like their smell, it was quite disgusting.
For more enjoyable diesel flowers there is Karma genetics, he has a Sour D bx4 called Sowahh with very enjoyable flowers more acid than straight gasoline, his Headbanger has some great phenotypes as well, it's a Sour D/OG Kush cross so you can find some interesting smelling plants. There is many crosses from Karma who use Diesel or Kush as base so there is a lot of dieselish smelling plants; one I'd like to try is Sour LemonMochi.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The strongest gasoline smelling plants I got came from White Diesel seeds from White Label, it was long time ago but the seeds are still available. Honestly the smell was so similar to real gasoline I didn't like their smell, it was quite disgusting.
For more enjoyable diesel flowers there is Karma genetics, he has a Sour D bx4 called Sowahh with very enjoyable flowers more acid than straight gasoline, his Headbanger has some great phenotypes as well, it's a Sour D/OG Kush cross so you can find some interesting smelling plants. There is many crosses from Karma who use Diesel or Kush as base so there is a lot of dieselish smelling plants; one I'd like to try is Sour LemonMochi.

You don't say.....me..orders white label white diesel immediately..

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
are you guys talking fresh fuel? or exhaust fumes?

is there another way to describe the diesel/ petrol smell without using any words or concepts related to diesel/ petrol?

i'm trying to figure out wtf ppl are smelling.

i've had sour diesel many times, i almost exclusively smoke chem strains, not really into o.g. kush stuff but i've had a bunch of different ones...

and i still am not really sure i know what ppl mean when they say their weed smells like "diesel".

kro-magnon

Veteran
You don't say.....me..orders white label white diesel immediately..
I hope they are still the same genetics, I've grown mine around 2008/09, indoor and outdoor, the indoor plants were very strong smelling even in veg, a strong citrusy smell very appealing but it turned in this straight gasoline scent I really didn't like, took about 11 weeks to be ready. The outdoor one was done at the beginning of november so quite late for my area but was not plagued by mold and the scent of gasoline made me think I did something wrong. I didn't really enjoyed the aromas the flowers had but it was a long time ago and it was my first experience with diesel genetics maybe I would react differently today.
What bother me is the unreliability of White Label seeds, it could be a different genetic sold with the same name now but it worth a try if you want to get a pure gasoline smelling plant.

kro-magnon

Veteran
are you guys talking fresh fuel? or exhaust fumes?

is there another way to describe the diesel/ petrol smell without using any words or concepts related to diesel/ petrol?

i've had sour diesel many times, i almost exclusively smoke chem strains, not really into o.g. kush stuff but i've had a bunch of different ones...

and i still am not really sure i know what ppl mean when they say their weed smells like "diesel".
I agree my Sour Diesel bx4 from Karma don't smell like pure gasoline but you can detect some similar scent in the background. But I've had some flowers who were smelling like carburant from the pump like the White Diesel and I didn't like this smell honestly. I had a JillyBean clone outdoor who had also a smell close to real gasoline when indoor it was a mix of skunky/offensive smells and orange peels. I didn't enjoy this smell neither.
Personally I would describe the Sour D smell as very acid first mixed with a touch of lemon scented bleach and a touch of gasoline very light, it also depends on the grow, the smells are not exactly the same at each harvest.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A proper Diesel smell is like petrol smell from the pump at filling station mixed with Skunk strain Terps from early 90's ( not roadkill, i never tried) just 1st ever Skunk weed we had seen in Europe/Uk that would stink out the block like no other, would need to be in turkey roasting bags to contain the smell

Last edited:

right

I used to get this rocket fuel og ,really had the nose going on. They grew it really well.
I think I picked it up in Hollywood on cosmo st.

There's some semitruck exhaust smells out there, mostly on the west coast, but that's not what is meant by diesel.

When this thread was started a decade ago, "Fuel" meant sour, acidic or sharp carboxylic-derived alcohol based solvent smell with matching palatable flavor (as the smell comes from flavor molecules not fruit peel perfumes). Lemon fuel, skittles fuel, blueberry fuel. "If rubbing alcohol was drinkable, made from exotic alien citrus".

"If the bud doesn't warm my nostrils like a microwaved bowl of melted orange Starburst being sprayed on my brain, from 3 ft away even when Im holding my breath, I don't want it." (707 OG customer's exact words, after thinking he could stop buying from me and get SFV from a local club)

Closely related to, but distinct from funk and fruit smells. But completely separated from the source hydrocarbon/alkane. (Propanol is rubbing alcohol, propanoic acid is body odor, ethyl propionate is pineapple, propyl hexanoate is blackberry, while propane has no smell, for example).

10 years ago it didn't matter if it was Chem, OG, Jet Fuel, Race Fuel OG, Blueberry Skunk, Amnesia, if it wasn't sugary, it was always acidic sour carboxylic solvents, even though names like "Octane" being thrown around would lead one to believe the shit should smell like paraffins. This is not true. This, however, seems to be big pharma's lynch pin in getting cannabis regulated, the introduction and normalization of toxic alkanes and plastic monomers in the incompetent crops of America. Read further..

Subcool (RIP) had a OG /GG4 plant that smelled exactly like the kerosine lamps from my childhood. Not sharp, not acidic. Delicious kerosine weed. But I tend not to shed light on those profiles because the modern know-it-all teen custies/bud tender/grower gets legitimate delicious entourage fuel Cannabis flavors confused with off smells, like the ones you see at Curaleaf stores, or anywhere that Cookies is sold:

Lots of the hydro bullshit (and much of the soil supremacist bud) is overfed Phosphorus, and given no additional carbon source. This is why people argue about real vs fake cuts non stop. It's all the same shit nine times out of ten, just grown poorly, phos boosted to hell 9 times out of 10. (Rip the methyl group from dimethylallyl pyrophosphate and you have a vinyl group, which destroys the weed, redirecting the terpenoid pathway to produce all the plastic toxins/off smells instead of natural weed acids).

Out west especially, they overfeed P, with crappy carbon-free cal-nit pesticide-magnet ferts, and the acidic/medicinal/entourage compounds completely disappear, and the bud takes on a non consumable synthetics/plastics/china factory aroma. We can't use Chem by name any more because of this. The dumb kids of today see "chem weed good" and think they should smoke some "chemical" weed, smelling like a roll of acrylic carpet. You can buy 4 different weeds at a weeds dispensary in LA that all smell like your fancy grandma's craft room, synthetic fabrics, new flooring, fresh paint, and adhesives, and when it cures out every strain smells like a urinal cake at best. (Yet the description will sound like they must have grown the shit correctly at one time?)

When I was dealing weed as a kid I always wondered how the grower knew what the cured flavor would be even though it wasn't cured yet. Well because they've been growing the same proven crops for seasons. That's why modern offerings always shift. The most common aroma descriptor coming form dispensaries today is "this strain reminds me of that other strain" when they are not at all similar. The industry doesn't want these neocusties recognizing that none of the shit they are being sold is turning out like it should. I'll never forget the peanut shell OG out west. Tons of people swear up and down OG Kush smells like composted oak leaves or "fresh soil" as they put it. "Peanut shells" to a trained flavorist who is remotely familiar with flavor marketing and would never use the term "earthy" to hype up anything.

That's why OG isn't sold anymore. Too many old peoplen(30+) saying "that ain't OG". So new strains must come every season, and they'll all smell fucked up and virtually identical to each other, thanks to the phosboost conspiracy.

^ This is what the industry is pushing as "gas" today. Premature overfed plastic sativa is the only sativa almost everyone on American will ever know. So naturally people hate sativa. For the same reasons they nevertheless buy the same indica twice.

Fake sommelier groups are actively training dispensaries to sell the nasty overfed shit they grow by claiming your favorite strain that you've known for decades actually should smell like a Payless. New shoes, shoe sprays, vinyl seats, temu showers curtain, new tennis balls, Chinese ebay merch. Sharpie marker solvents, spray paint solvents. Literal poisons are what the dispensary pawns are trained, by the DEA pharma spooks, to refer to as "sweet gas" (Smells nothing like gasoline, not sweet either. Just plastic).

Name your favorite strain, I more than likely have an interaction with someone in the DEA spook (legal) cannabis industry being told it should smell like new shoes, not sour lemons, divinity candy, and skunk. Blue Dream is said to smell like soap by the phos boost conspirators (Mine smelled like blue creamsicle? ).

Off flavors is all that some growers/nute lines can produce. Theyll blame the wind for their terroir or some shit. Tons of shit growers, are fully behind the systematic redefining of Cannabis, from pharmacologically active medicinal acids to useless toxic plastic monomers with some quantifiable thc that's been negated and now does nothing.

If you are over 30, Curaleaf employees are trained to say "you don't know what you're talking about old man, you smoked reggie and you're not even from Cali" GIRL I RUINED MY FIRST CROP WITH EXCESS PHOSPHORUS BEFORE YOUR DAD HAD HIS DICK GLUED ON BY GOD, WHY THE FUCK IS YOUR BIG ASS LEGAL GROW STILL DOING IT IN 2024, EVERY 2 WEEKS, FOR A DECADE STRAIGHT? TAKE THAT GOOFY HEAD WRAP OFF YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING CIRCUS CLOWN.

They don't know. Especially out west. Especially on the internet. No one even knows the difference between diesel and gas. I mean, plenty of people know, but the majority by far make it up from someone else's language. AI really helps them track down meaningful language and bastardize it.

At least now, the boof minions are becoming self aware. They've hit the AI feedback loop. You can only call fungicide scented weed "gassy" for so long before everyone, even your fucking chatbot eventually starts wondering what the fuck you're talking about.

"True to strain" "gassy" and "IYKYK" is the new terminology of the 21st century weed expert. "You had to be there" - kids smoking weed since 2020. No two people surveyed today give the same definition of gassy. Some say "farts". What the fuck? Some say "gas leak". What the fuck? Sometimes say skunk. What the fuck? No one, literally no one used the term gas for decades. They used the term fuel, a descriptor lending itself an interpretation of alcohol powered race cars. Not cyclohexane, not meth vinyl ketone. Not dimethyl benzene.

But most have finally realized how obvious their fake is. I observe the marketing lingo shift aimlessly. The hive mind is always seeking a new queen to tell them lies. Unfortunately you get Bidens and Kamalas to fill those roles; pathological criminal frauds and sellouts connected to shady anti American government agencies.

Most pot scene kids today make up more shit than there is reality in their lives. For example, the kids today claim the smell and "inhale taste" are different. Inhale literally has no connection to taste cortex, only exhale, so how is inhale and smell 2 different things? I might smell cedar lactones, but you're not tasting them until you exhale (which of course can be different from smell).

I came into the cannabis scene to build a database around flavors connecting them to patentable medicinal grade strains that should not and never will be released into a community that fails to respect them with accurate characterization. It turns out all the data from the community was totally useless, utterly bullshit. Why would I want my fuel strain on the shelf next to some counterfeit Jordan terps? The bud tender is going to call them both "gas" and if the victim falls for the shinier packaging, they now believe they hate my weed also, by association. Fuck that. Breeding Cannabis for the public is pointless because everyone's a crackers jack terp expert who knows to avoid words and phrases that have become quits meaningless.

So I had to pivot and extract what useful info I could. My contract is almost up. Here's the info I've collected from the Cannabis growing community: Weed does not make you an honest person. It does not make you a good person. It does not make you good at anything. If you make shit up, steal, poison, fudge numbers and "misremember things " before you donned the rope sandals, if you slashed tires and busted out windows and drank half a bottle from the milk cooler as a kid, you'll still do it after adopting your friendly pot persona. You'll only think you can hide behind the tiedye, fool the idiot stoners. We used to have to see how these people acted high to sus them out. Now the weed people smoke on hash church is so bad, you can watch 5 hours of breeder podcasts and not see a single indicator of anyone being medicate. Not even a red eye in sight. No one with cottonmouth syndrome (mouth so dry and sticky you talk like a retarded cat, not even a thing anymore as far as the masses are concerned).

This scene attracts liars and fake experts like a French daycare attracts pedophiles. Shoulder length man bun hair is a poor choice of camo anymore. The more you look like a tryhard stoner with a shit eating "if they ever find out, as long as they never find out" smirk, the harder I wanna slap the ever loving shit out of you. The same people who tell you "gas" smells like tennis balls are the same ones abusing animals, spitting on the homeless, eliminating home grow rights, and dealing counterfeit pills to kids. Fuck those people. Fuck all of them. Sour Diesel smells sour.

Latest posts

Latest posts