What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

weeds on showtime Beware:Could be spoiler info

G

Watching them set up the grow house in the latest episode was hilarious. Of course, none of it even resembles reality, but it is funny to see how hollywood perceives the culture of cannabis.

Big mistake - paying outsiders to come in and set up your grow house. They've already been threatened by the competition, and they haven't even started growing yet! Should make for interesting "conflict" though.

Mary Louise-Parker is overplaying the "milf" thing just a touch, in my opinion, but she is still beautiful.

I'll be tuning in, bong in hand, just for kicks.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
watching weeds right now, they have a marathon going on....the plumber just left telling her about the "jerk socks" LOL.... that is soooo freakin funny...love this show! ...even if its not really real, its still funny shit!

G

it always confuses me which comedy seems to make it across the Atlantic

was talking with some Canadian guys a while back and they were laughing about a load of British sitcoms I'd hardly heard of

the last new comedy here which was half funny was "Peep Show" (Mitchell and Webb) and probably a more accurate portayal of nice middle class drugs users

trust me though - watch "Brass Eye" or "The Day Today" (Chris Morris - arguably the funniest man on the planet at the moment)

they have without a doubt the most pant-shittingly funny skits about drugs you will ever see

the one about "Cake" is priceless

Last edited:

T-type

Weeds is a good show, I wish that I could watch it on tv but I have to download the episodes because I dont have showtime..... It might not be the best portrayal of the weed game but at least I can watch my favorite hobby on tv now

dbuzz

Veteran
weeds kicks ass, kevin nealon alone i would watch that show. but it does have a great cast and decent writers. whenever the lil guy came out from the massage parlor, LOL. i'm curious where nancys whole relationship with the dea agent now that he knows. (i cant remember any names too stoned)

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
wtf have u seen the episode where the teenage son makes a hole in the condom? What an asshole, he should be put up against a wall and shot. mOtherfucker. Has anyone ever heard of someone doing that in real life? If so kick their ass for me
peacenpot

OGDread

I think the show does good to MJ culture. It does portray regular Americans, being pretty normal, just some happen to smoke pot... thats pretty new to me. Now "up in smoke", THATS bad culture (but funny).. I actually think a lot of stuff is pretty accurate in the show, sans the 80k investment bs..
Some portayals are over the top, like with the airgun, but I did see a hunt with an airgun after a tame rat gone wild once... she was one stupid bitch.. anyway, I love the rabbi-to-be brother in law, he deserves to be one.
Its a comedy, laugh... I love it..

EastCoastE

Personally, I'm absolutely down with anything that makes Middle America see pot users, be they medicinal or recreational, in a somewhat more positive light. Most "pot comedies" are of the "Cheech & Chong" or "Dazed & Confused" variety, basically portraying all cannabis users as hapless "stoners" or rebellious teens. Not people you might be having over for dinner tomorrow night, or folks on the city council. I love Weeds! Sure, it's not an accurate representation of drug dealing or pot culture, but when was the last time you saw something portrayed accurately in a sitcom?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great show again last night....The uncle and that other dude were tooo funny trying to get rid of all the plants when they thought they were getting raided....the one guy praying over the toilet LOL
Im lovin this show! :D
and I knew that Silas's GF wouldnt keep the baby :(

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Ah... how about a spoiler alert^^^^
Luckly i didnt read your full post.

I'll forgive you for a link to the torrent of Season 2 Ep 5 (The last episode)
Only if its not against ICMAG rules. I'm unsure atm

Laxpunker

Babba, you BASTARD. I'm still on episode 4 :(

Oh well I kinda assumed the same thing, someone that's going to an Ivy League school is realistically not gonna let something like pregnancy stand in their way.

B

baccas125

Ya i missed last night show lucky for me i have Showtime on demand.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Dammit, I gotta catch up this season. Gonna have to go torrent, since it won't let me order it On Demand for some reason.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ooops sorry guys...I didnt even think about someone that hadnt seen it yet, but theres lots morethat happened, def should watch it :D
sorry again :)

Latest posts

Latest posts