What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

weeds on showtime Beware:Could be spoiler info

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Quick question.

Was there a pilot episode or anything?

I've DL'ed both the first and second seasons, and Ep.1 just seems to dive right in. Seems like there should be a Pilot or something where you see Judah's death, or at least Andy introducing Nancy to Conrad. Hell, I'd love to see Nancy's first meeting with Halia :D

Was there one? Or did it just dive right in and explain on the go?

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I found myself ripped watching a few episodes of Weeds. I saw the one where Snoop Dogg was rapping about MILF weed, kind of corny but the show is pretty funny. Hell I watched 3 episodes and didn't even realize it. It's almost like a soap opera for potheads. Plus there wasn't nothing else on that night.

T-type

kingspade said:
...the thing that did bother me, was the company\people they hired to come over and set everything up for them...

I think they did it again with a Safe or something.....
Haha if someone invited someone to put a safe in their growhouse, they deserve to get busted.
Im going to be sad when Nancy gets busted though..... I bet she rats someone out.

J

James-Bong

T-type said:
I think they did it again with a Safe or something.....
Haha if someone invited someone to put a safe in their growhouse, they deserve to get busted.
Im going to be sad when Nancy gets busted though..... I bet she rats someone out.

You don't think that there is people out there that make thier living by seting up Gro ops???? Better think again..... cause i know a few that Do....

T-type

Well I dont know anyone, and even if I did I would look at this vast wealth of knowledge on the internet and do it myself. I bet you would be hard pressed to find someone around my neck of the woods that makes a living off of setting up grow ops, I assume your from Cali?

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
i can't believe the whole dea husband bullshit. when they first got into that whole line of dialogue and direction it was all him saying 'oh there are only a few hundred dea agents in the world.. we have to go look for heroin smugglers in afghanistan.. blah.. blah.. i have no reason to bust you or any of your small time friends.

now all the sudden its bam! bam! back to back to back busts of people she's directly or very closely indirectly involved with.. wtf??? what happened to being busy with opium in afghanistan? so unrealistic in my mind.. or else something is going to go very wrong with the new hubby. that's going to really piss me off if he doesn't turn out to be up to something..

M

Mr. Nevermind

T-type said:
Well I dont know anyone, and even if I did I would look at this vast wealth of knowledge on the internet and do it myself. I bet you would be hard pressed to find someone around my neck of the woods that makes a living off of setting up grow ops, I assume your from Cali?

Most people just dont advertise that they are doing a commercial ops. Alot of people , and most dont go on boards, make livings off of it. When you see pics of someone running 7k watts in a room chances are its not for personal.

Nevermind

sogman

Pfft this show is rediculous. The beginning credits exclaim Jenji Kohan as the creator.
Now what evil nazi scientist's brainwashed this poor little mongrol, and not only is the dialogue an atrophy but the entire show is centered around racist stereotypes. It just makes me sick when the old black dealer start's groanin about her *cornbread* that was disgusting, and I thought the drive by shooting scene was particularly racist and must have been made by tasteless white screenwriter's who were obscenely dumb.

Believe me I've watched more than half of the first season but im not gonna go far.
Oh right! then we've got Mary-louise parker, I didn't like you in fried green tomatoes and I sure as hell don't like this fucking show already. You must have given some amazing fellatio to get on this script cause besides your non-existant acting skills you've zero reasons to live, I wish I had a pit of hungry lions so that you could be thrown in there high on crystal meth.

Bah that's all I needed to say it's horrible, don't waste the time it took you to download the episodes.

Sundown

Yea, there is a lot of bogus shit in there. Anybody who grows can pick out lots of things. No humidity dome on the new clones for 1, but there's lots of others. Anybody notice they don't acknowledge any of the suppliers in the credits? I guess if Ur really curious you have to pause and zoom to check out what they're using. Except for the AN nutrients though, wonder how much AN paid for that amount of exposure.

Also on Showtimes forum for the show, I asked a question about a t-shirt one of the actors was wearing that happend to b from my home state (shirt not actor). The moderator deleted my thread. Ok, maybe the proprietor of the business the t-shirt advertised didn't pay showtime. No reason not to answer a simple question. BTW Dean was wearing the shirt, it was from somewhere in Mccomb Mississippi - Don't remember which episode though.

In the end it's just another night-time soap opera that I've already gotten tired of. But to paraphrase Pink Floyd - 200 channels of shit on the tv to choose from.

G

weeds

weeds

The show kinda sucks. Tries way too hard, but M-L Parker is a milf! :yummy:
Won't keep me watching the show tho

Whoever said weeds vs. TPB..

C'mon!

TPB!!

sunnyday

hahaha, i had to read back in the thread what tpb stands for. recently downloaded all the seasons off torrent. i haven't seen any of the growing episodes yet. them going to jail almost every episode is a pisser.

that old black lady on weeds crying about cornbread isn't a stereotype, that totally exists where i live. i like when they denied nancy one of those delicious muslim bean pies. worth the price of admission right there. i cancelled showtime until they put on some new shows.

haven't seen the one where they let the old lady see the grow. i bet mahalia(?) is hooked up to the dea herself. i just seen the departed so my head is thinking everyone is a dea pawn and in on it.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Weeds is a fun show. Of course it doesn't represent growing culture. How many of you would step up and say 'I grow pot, I'll be your consultant'?

But it's a fun show that gets out the message weed is harmless to a group that may have never heard that message before.

You people commenting on the technical correctness of the show, please, you really think 'Friends' accurately represented life in NY for 20 and 30 somethings? It's not a documentary people, it's a sitcom. Situation comedy. Watch it with that in mind and it's a very amusing show.

Hell, I find the screwups some of the most amusing parts :D

And far as the stereotypes go...sheesh. Of course it uses stereotypes. You don't think the soccer mom guzzling starbucks in her SUV isn't a stereotype? Hell, that's my wife. And her friend, who is black, makes some of the best cornbread I've ever tasted. And she is very proud of it. And she would kick your ass if you put weed in it. Hell, she'd kick your ass if you gave away her recipe. So would my grandmother. You come tell her she's a stereotype. I dare ya :D

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
you are right, night tiger, yes, it is not a documentary, it is a simple minded sitcom, a tv program. i disgaree 100% that it shows cannabis in a positive light, on the contrary, it is because of this illegal substance this white suburban single mom gets shot at a black neighborhood who btw are her drug dealers; not very positive see, it re-inforces old stereotypes about blacks being gangstas who are into illegal activities, it defines cannabis into this underground illegal world where blacks and browns with guns are the ones to seek for some of this weeds. that's some real shallow stuff imho.

i don't see anything about legalization or history or any real substance to the show, just a whole bunch of old re-used cliches to make a drama/comedy tv program. no way that is GOOD.

peace.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
i don't like the show personally....

then again i don't like any of the ways tv delivers marijuana info to the mass public... very rarely is it anything but large generalizations and misinformation

NiteTiger

Veteran
Well, showing cannabis in a positive light is all relative, I guess.

I was referring to the fact that it shows marijuana being used by all types of people that ARE NOT, in the minds of vast amounts of the public, associated with marijuana. Accountants and councilmen, lawyers, karate teachers, etc.

Not to mention that you have the main character flat out saying 'weed is harmless', and the DEA agent saying marijuana is basically not worth his time.

They see accepted use, harmless fun. Not a dangerous drug causing amotivational syndrome or psychotic rampages.

That is the message I was referring to previously. If the sheep need a little sugar to sweeten the medicine, fine, whatever, but the message is getting out there. And that is important. It's a small step, sure, but a step none the less. I feel that any step towards acceptance is a good step, and should be supported.

You may disagree.

I'm not even getting into the stereotype thing. If you're watching any 'major network' primetime, then you're flooded with stereotypes. I notice you're not complaining about the non-minority stereotypes on the show? Stereotypes are out there, and you're not going to change that by complaining about them here. It's preaching to the choir.

At least it is exposing to a large audience how common pot use really is and the government cannot pretend that it is only for the dirtbag criminals of the world!!!!

That show is outstanding!! Just better have a good fucking ending including for the plants...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant believe that the season is over already, the season finally is next week...that was fast, seemed like it just got started sheesh...that dea dude was listening in on her phone calls...not good, hes a baddd guyyy...not likin him at all!!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I never liked him, who knew he was so creepy? Listening to her calls?

It must have been a setup the entire time?

Too fucking bad, you know its going to be a cliff hanger at the end of this comming episode (season finale).

I thought, just maybe he would quit the DEA, and they would build an empire

Not anymore though