What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

moose eater

An interesting article from Consortium News' Robert Parry re. Ukraine. I was asked to post this by another forum member who is currently indisposed.

ROBERT PARRY: When Western Media Saw Ukraine’s Neo-Nazis – Consortium News

Followed by a theme tune that has kept me in close company for decades, which I was not asked to post, but felt/believed it was appropriate.

Barry McGuire

Eve Of Destruction - YouTube Music

Or, similar but preferred at times,

Hot Tuna covering the same tune:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
That was in the news not long ago, so you can jerk you off but that what it is.

Just because it was in the news doesn't mean it's not being misrepresented, fake news as it is currently defined shows up on pretty much all media sources.

The fact that Volodymyr Zelenskyy was fair and freely elected showed up in the news back in the Spring of 2019 yet you want to act like he was placed there and is a puppet of the Government. By the way if he was placed there by the US it was under Trumps watch since he took office in May of 2019.

The fact that Viktor Medvedchuk, was a prominent Ukrainian opposition party leader with ties to the Kremlin was in the news but your post makes it sound like he was just some Russian an oligarch and friend of Putin who was minding his own business when Zelenskyy unjustly came after him.

The fact that Viktor Medvedchuk is under investigation for suspicion of financing Terrorism is in the news yet you post and presumably the news piece you based it on left that detail out as the reason the rightfully elected leader of Ukraine "went after" him.

See that's why nobody takes you seriously you either ignore or call it fake news, everything that doesn't match up to the narrative you want to promote but when a news piece lines up with the narrative you favor you glom on to it and say "it was in the news" as if that makes it the gospel truth. If something being in the news makes it gospel truth then everything in the news is gospel truth including the news that punches holes in the narrative you try to promote. If all other news is fake news then all news is fake news, including that which you glom on to.

HempKat

Veteran
Given what we know of him mixed with what we just don't know, that's as plausible a theory as any. It's as easy to believe that he's lost his marbles or that he thought he would capture Ukraine quickly and not expose the paper tiger that is the Russian military.

As you said, I hope you're wrong as it's the worst possible outcome for sure.

Is it really that easy to believe that he's lost his marbles and that he believed he would capture Ukraine quickly if he knew the Russian Military was really a paper tiger that has been fooling the world into believing it's an Iron Bear? I mean if he lost his marbles as badly as he would have had to in order to make such a serious miscalculation then there should have been lots of evidence of it for quite some time now. You don't go from being a shrewd and cunning dictator able to play 3D chess on the world stage to some crackpot that has no concept of how weak his forces really are, overnight. The only justification anyone has given for him to now be as incompetent as some want to think he is, is just that he's about to turn 70 yet many people get to their 80's and beyond and remain sharp as tacks. In order for him to make such terrible miscalculations he would have to just blindly trust what all those around him say yet all evidence points to him being a very mistrustful and paranoid leader. It seems to me that before he would commit to a course of action that would be devastating to him if he lost he would make sure his forces were everything he thought them to be.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm just curious...but, when the US was in Afghanistan, weren't the folks controlling the drones etc HERE in the US ? i have read that, cannot remember where though. back to the point- how will we know if it is Ukrainian military personnel controlling them & launching missiles at Russian tanks etc, or folks stationed at Nellis AFB, for example ? how would Russia know? hmmmm... what is to stop the drones from flying over Russian territory & hitting THEIR air bases or power plants? i mean, Russia and Ukraine ARE at war. turnabout is fair play, right?. heck, go for Moscow! lol... Let the Games Begin!

moose eater

Is it really that easy to believe that he's lost his marbles and that he believed he would capture Ukraine quickly if he knew the Russian Military was really a paper tiger that has been fooling the world into believing it's an Iron Bear? I mean if he lost his marbles as badly as he would have had to in order to make such a serious miscalculation then there should have been lots of evidence of it for quite some time now. You don't go from being a shrewd and cunning dictator able to play 3D chess on the world stage to some crackpot that has no concept of how weak his forces really are, overnight. The only justification anyone has given for him to now be as incompetent as some want to think he is, is just that he's about to turn 70 yet many people get to their 80's and beyond and remain sharp as tacks. In order for him to make such terrible miscalculations he would have to just blindly trust what all those around him say yet all evidence points to him being a very mistrustful and paranoid leader. It seems to me that before he would commit to a course of action that would be devastating to him if he lost he would make sure his forces were everything he thought them to be.

Speculation in some of the 'media' re. Putin having terminal bowel cancer, and being treated with steroids, among other things.

This was used as a basis for numerous sources to question both his 'puffy' physical appearance, as well as any changes in mood, predictability, competence, etc.

But spin and disinformation have been adopted by so many entities anymore, to include our own government, that all we can do is read the pabulum, use some logic, and ask pointed questions.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In order for him to make such terrible miscalculations he would have to just blindly trust what all those around him say yet all evidence points to him being a very mistrustful and paranoid leader. It seems to me that before he would commit to a course of action that would be devastating to him if he lost he would make sure his forces were everything he thought them to be.

it is easy for a "strong man" in such an isolated position to be fooled by those rare few they trust. his cronies may have been lying to him all this time in order to stay in his good graces & continue dining from the oligarch trough. the lure of power and money & the "benefits" they bestow are hard to turn down, and harder yet to willingly surrender out of a fit of honesty. plus, it is damned difficult to say "no" to a power that can make you & your family disappear without recourse, never to be spoken of again...Putin will not know (does he really WANT to know?) what his forces can do until they lock horns with US Military, or the Israeli Air force.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Just because it was in the news doesn't mean it's not being misrepresented, fake news as it is currently defined shows up on pretty much all media sources.

The fact that Volodymyr Zelenskyy was fair and freely elected showed up in the news back in the Spring of 2019 yet you want to act like he was placed there and is a puppet of the Government. By the way if he was placed there by the US it was under Trumps watch since he took office in May of 2019.

The fact that Viktor Medvedchuk, was a prominent Ukrainian opposition party leader with ties to the Kremlin was in the news but your post makes it sound like he was just some Russian an oligarch and friend of Putin who was minding his own business when Zelenskyy unjustly came after him.

The fact that Viktor Medvedchuk is under investigation for suspicion of financing Terrorism is in the news yet you post and presumably the news piece you based it on left that detail out as the reason the rightfully elected leader of Ukraine "went after" him.

See that's why nobody takes you seriously you either ignore or call it fake news, everything that doesn't match up to the narrative you want to promote but when a news piece lines up with the narrative you favor you glom on to it and say "it was in the news" as if that makes it the gospel truth. If something being in the news makes it gospel truth then everything in the news is gospel truth including the news that punches holes in the narrative you try to promote. If all other news is fake news then all news is fake news, including that which you glom on to.

Its just a land lead by crooks.One oligarch goes after the other one.This was btw also told by a corn farmer who lives there, so it's not only a news channel who says it.He also said that this country is still not ready for an EU membership, although it's better to be neutral for them.

HempKat

Veteran
it is easy for a "strong man" in such an isolated position to be fooled by those rare few they trust. his cronies may have been lying to him all this time in order to stay in his good graces & continue dining from the oligarch trough. the lure of power and money & the "benefits" they bestow are hard to turn down, and harder yet to willingly surrender out of a fit of honesty. plus, it is damned difficult to say "no" to a power that can make you & your family disappear without recourse, never to be spoken of again...Putin will not know (does he really WANT to know?) what his forces can do until they lock horns with US Military, or the Israeli Air force.

Well if his cronies fear him as they probably should then sure it's believable they would lie to him and tell him what he wants to hear. What I'm struggling with though is the idea he implicitly trusts them. I mean if he's so trusting then why do they sit so far apart at the table they meet at? Conversely if he mistrusts them so much as to put all that space between him and them does it make sense that he would just take their word for it when they tell him how great his military is and how certain his victory over Ukraine will be. I might believe that if he was just the Russian equivalent of Donald Trump but he's not. He's former KGB who has held numerous position during his career in the KGB and later in politics to be well aware of how rampant and widespread the corruption is among the Oligarchy and the military leaders. Everything he's done over the years from his KGB days until now would suggest that he would not just trust people but would have pretty much a compulsion to make sure for himself that what his cronies tell him is real.

His invasion of Ukraine and everything that has happened since is putting his life and reputation on the line and the fate of Russia on the line I just have a hard time believing he would just trust the word of his cronies I mean their fear of him and what he might do to them and that they are motivated by greed and the power that goes with being his cronies is completely believable but that a smart person would just trust the word of such people seems a bit much to accept. I think other such as people in out intelligence agree with that reasoning which is why they're the ones jumping to the conclusion that he must have lost his mind because that's the only other option that would allow all this to make sense. Either way though, whether they are right or I am right it's terrifying to know this person has unquestioned control of the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet.

HempKat

Veteran
Its just a land lead by crooks.One oligarch goes after the other one.This was btw also told by a corn farmer who lives there, so it's not only a news channel who says it.He also said that this country is still not ready for an EU membership, although it's better to be neutral for them.

Oh well if a corn farmer says it's true...:jerkit:

JKD

Veteran
An interesting article from Consortium News' Robert Parry re. Ukraine. I was asked to post this by another forum member who is currently indisposed.

Followed by a theme tune that has kept me in close company for decades, which I was not asked to post, but felt/believed it was appropriate.

Barry McGuire

Congress banning arms to Azov Battalion in 2018:
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...d-to-neo-nazis

It is a shame that MSM is as selective in what they publish as they are as it ultimately fuels conspiracy beliefs- any good conspiracy containing an element of truth etc.

The irony in Donbas is that there are pro-Russian nazi militias fighting- or recently withdrawn as well.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...

What does the E.U. have to do with no longer being neutral?
(question for you or for the corn farmer & 2 CEO of multinational)

h.h.

Veteran

Barry McGuire

Nasty folks in my country. Doesn’t give Russia the right .

h.h.

Veteran
Nobody worried about nazis in Ukraine until putin attacked. Now I read many old stories. No new ones, though I do see scenes of maternity wards under attack. That is the reality now.

entropical

Veteran
Nobody worried about nazis in Ukraine until putin attacked. Now I read many old stories. No new ones, though I do see scenes of maternity wards under attack. That is the reality now.

Said a Nazi sympathizer who never set foot in Ukraine and suddenly, after swallowing some bullshit from a psychological operations unit, have an opinion.

Latest posts

Latest posts