What's new

War

Chi13

ICMag Donor
where do i support sunni muslims in conflict? i do know about judaism

you support the genocide in palestine ,you support digital i.ds , you support carbon laws and taxes, you support lockdowns, you support mandated injections , you support a global government , you support communism. in fact you support every social engineering program there is and you are built in that system
No, I don't support genocide in Palestine or anywhere. I don't support either side in that conflict. I've made that very clear.
I do support legislation that protects our natural environment. I support lockdowns only during a pandemic and think people should be vaccinated, but not mandated (unless you work in healthcare). I don't support global government or social engineering, and I'm not Communist.
chi and the other same 3 or 4 people that pop up every time when something either they do no understand , or an opposing opinion or view gets spoken . keep it on topic. the thread was running smooth until you and the same crew of chaps started the usual tactic of smearing . nothing you say resonates with me to be honest
You don't see the irony in that post? It's almost as if you are describing yourself.
icmags climate nonce making assumptions again

i'm friends with all faiths. sorry if that offends you
You resort to abuse again.
I have no faith in any faith. Faith vs faith is the problem and has been throughout history. I don't mind some Taoist and Buddhist concepts though. If only people of Faith could just practice their Faith without resorting to violence against those of another Faith.

moose eater

What??!! The US meddling in foreign governments' domestic affairs to try and reap favoritism in international policy, according to US State Dept (CIA) desires??!! Like they learned nothing from South America and Central America years ago??!!

Last edited:

shiva82

No, I don't support genocide in Palestine or anywhere. I don't support either side in that conflict. I've made that very clear.
I do support legislation that protects our natural environment. I support lockdowns only during a pandemic and think people should be vaccinated, but not mandated (unless you work in healthcare). I don't support global government or social engineering, and I'm not Communist.

You don't see the irony in that post? It's almost as if you are describing yourself.

You resort to abuse again.
I have no faith in any faith. Faith vs faith is the problem and has been throughout history. I don't mind some Taoist and Buddhist concepts though. If only people of Faith could just practice their Faith without resorting to violence against those of another Faith.
give up man . you are an adult. you are like a broken record. i posted in relation to the thread topic, then you and your parasite friends , the 4 or 5 of you ,started to make posts towards me, full of ignorance and stupidity and totally detracting from the topic. the secular state of israel is zionist . nothing to do with religion. they may use it as a shield . but they are not jews. no jew breaks the 10 commandments or is atheist

So Hai

Navalny's reported level of nationalism, supposedly in excess of that of even Putin, was a bit worrisome, frankly.

Nationalists anywhere are worrisome. The US, Europe, Russia, etc. Their visions are often obscured or tainted by the glow of their enhanced team jersey colors.

Like the US, there's the choice between shitty and shittier.

Like the US lol. Putin took Russia out of the ’Soros Empire’.

Russia is not like the US. As for Navalny, cui bono?

GenghisKush

Fuck (and I cannot emphasize this enough) Hamas.

Riots at Rafah Crossing after Gaza teen trying to grab aid is shot dead by Hamas​

Footage shows chaos at border with Egypt as family members of the victim said to start fires at the scene

16 February 2024, 10:50 pm

1708129354584.png

Rioting at the Rafah Crossing in southern Gaza on February 16, 2023 (video screenshot)

Riots took place near the Gaza Strip’s border crossing with Egypt Friday, reportedly after a Palestinian teen who tried to grab items from a humanitarian aid shipment was shot dead by Hamas police.

Arabic media reported on the incident at the Rafah Crossing.

The teen, identified as Muhammad al-Araja, was apparently one of a group of people who tried to nab the aid when he was shot dead.

After the shooting, reports and footage indicated that many members of the victim’s large extended family began rioting at the crossing, setting fire to parts of the complex and clashing with authorities there.

Nearly 1.5 million displaced Palestinians — more than half of Gaza’s population — are in Rafah, seeking shelter from the Israel-Hamas war in a sprawling makeshift encampment near the Egyptian border, and the humanitarian conditions there have been described as increasingly dire.

The Defense Ministry’s liaison unit to the Palestinians chastised the United Nations on Thursday, alleging it was not keeping up with humanitarian aid operations in the Strip.

Since the beginning of the war, aid groups have charged that they are not receiving enough supplies to meet the demands of Gazans in the embattled enclave.

But the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) posted photos on X of what it said is “the content of 500 trucks of humanitarian aid on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up and distributed by UN organizations.

“It is the 3rd day in a row that hundreds of trucks are not picked up. The UN needs to scale up their operations,” COGAT said.

Israel has accused humanitarian actors of not doing enough to distribute aid since the beginning of the war. Particular criticism has been directed at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), which stands accused of failing to visit hostages held by Hamas and provide them with adequate assistance.

ICRC President Mirjana Spoljaric said Thursday: “We are reaching the barriers of language in describing the humanitarian situation.”

Humanitarians have warned that carrying out aid operations in the area could soon become impossible. The Red Cross chief told diplomats that their countries were responsible for ensuring the Geneva Conventions on human treatment are upheld.

So Hai

the secular state of israel is zionist . nothing to do with religion. they may use it as a shield . but they are not jews. no jew breaks the 10 commandments or is atheist
Its a jewish state. They are building a temple. But of course no jew breaks the commandments. No, they follow the changes.

Brother Nature

Well, I generally don't trust reports of war coming from the instigators of said war. I felt the same about the NY Times in their reporting of Iraq, even though I enjoy reading that paper in other respects. There is a vested interest in the powers creating a war to show they are doing it for the right reasons. I don't believe any war is ever justified. I also don't believe this war is a simple response to the events of October 7th, however bad that was, I believe it was an excuse for the sociopathic leaders of Israel to carry out a genocide they have wanted and planned to for many decades. I think skepticism should always be employed when reading any article written to elicit a certain emotion, especially when that emotion is one that is already ingrained in us.

moose eater

Love of country, in my view, is patriotism.

But patriotism and love of one's country is like loving one's child; discipline, guidance and honesty in assessing their flaws or needs for growth.

Nationalism, on the other hand, is false patriotism, and its tendency to raise a proverbial child who can do no wrong in the eyes of the parents, and who is not culpable or responsible for any of their wrongs.

And down the road, who wants to have anything to do with such a 'child'?
yup - patriotism sucks

GenghisKush

Hopefully Thomson Reuters is up to the impeccable standards of icmag's Speakers Corner.

Hamas says Israeli hostages have suffered many losses
Reuters
February 16, 202410:53 AM EST

CAIRO, Feb 16 (Reuters) - Hamas' armed wing said on Friday that Israelis taken hostage by the militants on Oct. 7 had suffered many losses and that those that were alive were living in extremely difficult conditions.

Hamas militants killed 1,200 people in southern Israel and abducted at least 250 in their October incursion, according to Israeli tallies. Israel has responded with a military assault on the Gaza Strip that has killed more than 28,000 Palestinians, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.

During a week-long truce in late November, Hamas freed more than 100 Israeli and foreign hostages in exchange for Israel releasing about 240 Palestinian prisoners.
"Losses amongst (Israeli hostages) have become many while other hostages live in extremely difficult conditions," Hamas' armed wing spokesman Abu Obeida said in an audio message.

"We warned dozens of times about the dangers to which their hostages are being exposed. We didn't want the situation to reach this stage, but (Israel's) leadership ignored us," he said.

"For months, we tried to protect and care for the lives of these hostages, as it is our top humanitarian goal to liberate our own prisoners and to realise the legitimate rights of our people."

Israel's chief military spokesperson, Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, said on Tuesday that 31 of the remaining hostages held by Hamas in Gaza were dead.

Israel has said 136 hostages are still being held in Gaza.

The Palestinian Prisoners Club, which documents and cares for all Palestinian detainees, issued a statement on Tuesday saying the number of Palestinians who have been arrested since Oct. 7 had reached 7,000.

Reporting by Ahmed Tolba, Nidal Al Mughrabi, Writing by Adam Makary; Editing by Alison Williams and Nick Macfie