What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if native americans were rounded up and put into a concentration camp
i'll look up how many native Americans died during/after the tribes being forced onto reservations & systematically starved by governmental indifference and corrupt agents who had been put in charge of the "poor savages" ...you'll pooh-pooh the numbers though, i bet. "ancient history"
israel does not want to compromise with them
what would be your starting point to any compromise negotiations with someone whose long term goal was to kill you all ? let them kill HALF of you and call it even ? LOL! i guess you could call that a "start"...

dramamine

i'll look up how many native Americans died during/after the tribes being forced onto reservations & systematically starved by governmental indifference and corrupt agents who had been put in charge of the "poor savages" ...you'll pooh-pooh the numbers though, i bet. "ancient history"

what would be your starting point to any compromise negotiations with someone whose long term goal was to kill you all ? let them kill HALF of you and call it even ? LOL! i guess you could call that a "start"...
Insert Palestinians into your first paragraph and it's the same dynamic. Then your second paragraph is the same thing that was said about the American Indians at the time. Same same.

dramamine

-that- is the comparison that i was making, beginning from Cannavores statement which i quoted. would YOU be backing them if Native American tribe members today started attacks on the rest of us, wanting to regain their homelands ? same question i asked him, thus my comparison.
They would be justified to do so. If we actually had any say in the matter, many Americans would be onboard with Native Americans. You seem not to think the same of Palestinians, as it sounds like you believe they actually are savages who want nothing more than to kill Israelis. You are sympathetic to past injustice, while the same dynamic is playing out in real time. (I think I understand that you are implying Cannavore is doing the opposite, though I don't agree.) So they are very similar situations, we seem to agree. How then can we be sympathetic to the Israeli occupation and oppression? That's where you lose me, I guess.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm NOT sympathetic to what they are doing. i DO understand WHY they do it, which you either do not, or overlook. and i am sympathetic to the Palestinians loss of their land. but that is irrelevant, isn't it? the Israelis aren't going to give it back, just as the US govt isn't giving this continent back to the tribes they stole it from. pretty sure they would end up in even worse circumstances than before if they began killing folks trying to do so. i am sorry that you are lost...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
im not overlooking anything. again, one of these things already happened, the other has been ongoing since 1948. there are people who literally survived the first nakba of '48 only to experience it again now at the end of their lives.

settler colonialism of all forms is terrorism and probably an act of war in my mind.

They're both happening. To which resolution are you alluding by pretending that one has been resolved?

Last edited:

dramamine

i'm NOT sympathetic to what they are doing. i DO understand WHY they do it, which you either do not, or overlook. and i am sympathetic to the Palestinians loss of their land. but that is irrelevant, isn't it? the Israelis aren't going to give it back, just as the US govt isn't giving this continent back to the tribes they stole it from. pretty sure they would end up in even worse circumstances than before if they began killing folks trying to do so. i am sorry that you are lost...
I understand why they do it. It's for the same reason that the state of Israel was created. It's because they are being led by brutal bloodthirsty powermongers, just like we are in the United States. Rationalize that as you feel the need.

Roms

Veteran
Bradley infantry fighting vehicle ripped apart after Russian shell arrives

1706962852733.png

Roms

Veteran

The Russian army destroyed the legendary German anti-aircraft system Skynex
1706964853356.png

Skynex was presented by Rheinmetall in late autumn 2021 and Ukraine is currently the only operator of this complex. Germany itself does not use Skynex in its armed forces.

The defeat of’ such a modern anti-aircraft system is a notable event, given its novelty and uniqueness, as well as its limited dissemination.

Подробнее на: https://avia-pro.fr/news/rossiyskie...legendarnyy-nemeckiy-zenitnyy-kompleks-skynex

shiva82

Bradley infantry fighting vehicle ripped apart after Russian shell arrives

View attachment 18954693

send it to ukraine and watch it get blown up and make the innocent people pay to refill those warehouses. it's a disgrace . 1200 ukranians a day either killed or injured to a point of needing care .

all those youtube generals a few pages back are silent on the matter .

russia are crushing everything that arrives to the battlefield , and the weapons industry makes a literal killing

Roms

Veteran

Ukrainian army lost more than 23,000 people in January​

The Russian defense minister reported the results achieved by Russian troops during the special operation in Ukraine this past month.

The’essential statements of Sergei Shoigu:

- The casualties of Ukrainian forces in January exceeded 23,000 people killed and wounded, according to the report,

- More than 3,000’arms, including Leopard tanks, Bradley armoured vehicles, Patriot and HIMARS systems, were destroyed,

- Rrussian army maintains the’ strategic initiative and continues to methodically lower the military potential of the’enemy,

- The Russian military carried out 127 strikes with precision weapons against military infrastructure and sites of Ukraine's military-industrial complex,

- It affected arms production companies, arsenals, military airfields, fuel depots and deployment points of Ukrainian military and foreign mercenaries.

Roms

Veteran

Ukraine teaches its troops to speak Ukrainian

Many Kiev soldiers would continue to use Russian despite the efforts of the authorities to crack down.

Special courses will be created for Kiev troops so that’elles can improve their fluency in the Ukrainian language, said Taras Kremen, a government official.

Kremen, who is the linguistic mediator of’Ukraine, made the announcement during a’meeting with military personnel at a training center of territorial defense forces on Monday, his office said in a statement.

According to the Commissioner, violations of the country's linguistic law, which obliges the military to use the’ukrainian, have been found in a large number of’units, including in the capital, Kiev.

’Ukraine historically has a large Russian-speaking population, especially in its eastern regions. Many soldiers would continue to speak Russian on the front. In the 2001 census, more than 14.2 million Ukrainian citizens (nearly 30% of the population) said that Russian was their mother tongue.

In the meeting with the military, it has been « agreed to’open language courses for military personnel who wish to improve their knowledge and prepare properly for the’ exam aimed at determining the level of proficiency in the language d’State », said Kremen.

« I will be happy to contribute to the creation of’such a network [of course] in other military units also », added the Commissioner.

Signed by the then president of’, Pyotr Poroshenko, in 2019, the language law has made’ukrainian the only’State language and has made its use compulsory in all areas of social life. It is a continuation of Kiev's policy to oust the Russian language, pursued by the authorities after the violent coup supported by the’ Occident in 2014.

Since 2021, it is mandatory to take a Ukrainian language exam to become a civil servant or obtain Ukrainian citizenship.

« No one [in the conflict zone] speaks Ukrainian », a’elite shooter of Kiev forces told TSN media in October. Although’il has concealed his identity, the soldier has enjoyed a certain celebrity in Ukraine thanks to his regular interviews and appearances in podcasts.

He claims that Russian is common in all sections of the front line where he was assigned. In its own unit, « two people speak the hardest surzhik [a mixture of Russian and’ukrainian] and, probably, two or three others [use]’ukrainian. All others are Russian-speaking », insists the’elite shooter.
Moscow has repeatedly denounced the repression of Russian culture and language by Kiev, insisting that the' » forced ukraination » violates international law and infringes the rights of native Russian speakers, who represent around a quarter of the population.

Latest posts

Latest posts