What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Hiddenjems

In these old school wars where everyone hates the other side on a religious level allowing them to easily dehumanize the opposition, the only way it ends is with one side winning. Winning means you kill all the enemy men, salt the fields, and destroy every remaining piece of their culture.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The link won't load it calls for a subscription.
Click the second link. It's the archived (and non paywalled) article.

After reading the article and remembering everything that did happen over the last 2 years I'm wondering if Netanyahu did the unthinkable and knew the attack was coming and let it thinking it would rally the country behind him.

Nothing brings a country together like being attacked by another. Even if it is the victim just fighting back.

The shock and fury in Israel are reminiscent of the emotions in the US after 9/11. That provoked a display of American unity and power. It also led to a decade-long “war on terror” — which many Americans now regard as misconceived and self-destructive. Israel may be heading down the same dangerous path.

Last edited:

greyfader

@Brother Nature "My apologies for inflaming you yesterday, it was purposeful and childish. You are obviously a very passionate person as am I, I firmly respect that even if I disagree with your views."

thank you! and let me apologize also!

you see, i don't believe that anyone on this thread, other than the people supporting Russia, wanted or supports this war between Ukraine and Russia.

reporting on the progress of the war is not supporting it either. i can see how you might think it is though.

"our side killed more than the other side" doesn't sound like a peace-loving person. it does sound like boasting about death and destruction.

this war does present moral questions that can be difficult to answer.

i have one for you. what do you think the Ukrainians should have done when their country was invaded by 200,000 men with heavy armor?

they were only given two choices by the Russians. Fight or allow Russia to take their country.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
In these old school wars where everyone hates the other side on a religious level allowing them to easily dehumanize the opposition, the only way it ends is with one side winning. Winning means you kill all the enemy men, salt the fields, and destroy every remaining piece of their culture.
And that will never happen, so it never ends.

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
FB_IMG_1696889492330.jpg

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gaza is only about 7 miles wide by 30 miles long. This is one of the most densely populated areas on the planet. Hard to believe a majority support the recent actions even when grievances on their side are considered. Not likely any of us could have enough perspective to see this other side. The end game seems difficult to see as Israel first wants their people back and then wants payback and elimination of Hamas. To spare innocent people and mass genocide, it looks like the Israelis will need to occupy Gaza and comb through neighborhoods weeding out Hamas.
Yeah. Folks thinking that Israel was going to use the nuclear option (or were encouraging it) don't seem to realize that walls don't stop radiation or fall out or hell, even the initial blast.

That'd be the equivalent of napalming your entire neighborhood because the guy across the street's house was infested with spiders.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yeah. Folks thinking that Israel was going to use the nuclear option (or were encouraging it) don't seem to realize that walls don't stop radiation or fall out or hell, even the initial blast.

That'd be the equivalent of napalming your entire neighborhood because the guy across the street's house was infested with spiders.
Nobody is thinking nuclear. It's not an option.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If Israel wanted to end this, they'd need to give HAMAS an actual voice in the government. THAT'S why it will never end.
This will never happen either. Iran will always be in the background agitating. That's like us buddying up with Russia and giving them a seat at our table.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nobody is thinking nuclear. It's not an option.
The idea was floated that that's how Israel was going to respond. Nobody from any government said it. It seemed to be coming from internet morons.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No but they'll turn Gaza into the worlds biggest sandbox
And lose international support almost immediately. HAMAS wants a security clamp down to garner sympathy for their cause. And Israel is playing right into their hands with an imminent invasion of 360k soldiers IF they don't react with a measured response. If they go in there and wipe the place clean, the entire country will be committing war crimes right beside HAMAS.

To be honest, they already have committed war crimes against Palestinians in the last 4 days. And HAMAS has as well. Neither sides hands are clean in this.

igrowone

Veteran
They'll turn Gaza into the worlds biggest sandbox
they could, and Hamas must know that they could
so it's kind of suicidal at the surface
which I find hard to believe was the plan
Iran coming in with its military options?
also hard to believe, people(Ghazans) pushed to the breaking point?
probably the reality, about as bad as it gets

RobFromTX

they could, and Hamas must know that they could
so it's kind of suicidal at the surface
which I find hard to believe was the plan
Iran coming in with its military options?
also hard to believe, people(Ghazans) pushed to the breaking point?
probably the reality, about as bad as it gets

Once Iran gets involved then everyone else gets involved. No doubt Russia will too. A big shit show

RobFromTX

It just sucks all around. No solution whatsoever. Civilians will get the main fallout ofcourse. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if the american taxpayer funds the whole damn thing