What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Gry

Veteran
What I've been pondering since this morning, and I may have posted it here. I don't remember and I'm not going to go back and look for it.

I digress..

With the House in complete disarray, the Ukraine War, and now Israel, this seems like it would be a great opportunity for China to try and reclaim Taiwan. the World Police has handcuffed itself to the toilet and apparently can't reach the key, so you might as well go ahead and ransack the house.
You read entirely too much as I do think.

GenghisKush

Perhaps this will lead to a positive outcome for these two peoples in the end, however I am not feeling all that positive about humanity this morning.
My childish hope is that from this chaos, the two-state solution emerges.
This is based mostly on arguments that Bibi's rise was entirely at the expense of the two-state solution, that his indifference to Hamas and bitter opposition to PA fueled this conflagration.

right

Regarding the Matt and Trey video. Hahahaha
May Allah kill Matt Stone and Trey Parker and burn them in Hell for all eternity. They insult our prophets Muhammad, Jesus, and Moses..." Chesser posted a similar entry to his Mujahid Blog on the same day (the post was later added to the RM Web site).May 17, 2011

armedoldhippy

Veteran
My childish hope is that from this chaos, the two-state solution emerges.
This is based mostly on arguments that Bibi's rise was entirely at the expense of the two-state solution, that his indifference to Hamas and bitter opposition to PA fueled this conflagration.
there can be no two state solution as long as one side marches screaming "DEATH TO ISRAEL!" and the other side keeps bulldozing Palestinian settlements and building there. the Israelis and the Palestinians are genetically closer to each other than any other peoples. this is a family fight, and those are ugly and never end.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't apologize for any rare exception . But it is day and night. Between Republicans and Democrats. I will vote for the lesser of two evils. Hopefully not Trump. But Trump isn't all bad he moved the American embasy to Jerusalem and worked with Israel after obama who spit on Israel. After Trump obiden went on to disrespecting Israel and Netanyahu.
Well, one thing is righteous, if true...Netanyahu deserves disrespect..he is a shallow representation of those who filled his position in the past.

right

The Vikings couldn't be beaten . They believed that they went to hell with loki if they died in bed or with out fighting. But they believed that if they died fighting gloriously in battle they went to Valhalla with Odin.
The way they were finally defeated, was being introduced to Christianity

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Vikings couldn't be beaten . They believed that they went to hell with loki if they died in bed or with out fighting. But they believed that if they died fighting gloriously in battle they went to Valhalla with Odin.
The way they were finally defeated, was being introduced to Christianity
I'm not sure if you are aware but the Muslims and Jews both have their own pretty engrained religions already. And one of them has been at war with Christianity many, many times.

So I am dubious that would work.

right

I'm not sure if you are aware but the Muslims and Jews both have their own pretty engrained religions already. And one of them has been at war with Christianity many, many times.

So I am dubious that would work.
I'm sure you are right it has been going on for many years and will probably continue till the end of humanity.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Gaza is only about 7 miles wide by 30 miles long. This is one of the most densely populated areas on the planet. Hard to believe a majority support the recent actions even when grievances on their side are considered. Not likely any of us could have enough perspective to see this other side. The end game seems difficult to see as Israel first wants their people back and then wants payback and elimination of Hamas. To spare innocent people and mass genocide, it looks like the Israelis will need to occupy Gaza and comb through neighborhoods weeding out Hamas.

GenghisKush

In recent months, there have been huge anti-government demonstrations — protesting against judicial reforms pushed by Netanyahu that the opposition say threaten Israel’s democracy. Some senior figures from the security world have supported these demonstrations, and many Israeli reservists have been refusing to report for duty.

When the head of Shin Bet, the Israeli domestic intelligence service, warned Netanyahu earlier this year that deadly attacks by settlers on Palestinians would increase the security threat to Israel, he was roundly denounced by members of Netanyahu’s Likud party. One Likud member of parliament complained: “The ideology of the left has reached the top echelons of the Shin Bet. The deep state has infiltrated the leadership of the Shin Bet and the IDF.”

The far-right will certainly repeat those kinds of arguments in the coming weeks, as they press for vengeance against Hamas. But Israel’s inquest will have to go well beyond the immediate intelligence and security failure — profound though that is. Netanyahu’s entire strategy towards the Palestinians now looks like a failure.