What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

armedoldhippy

Veteran
And now Zelenskys trying to find out Trumps plans for the war. That ought to change you brutenicks outlook on this conflict.
i wouldn't count on The Chump having any input on anyone's "plans" for a war. i wouldn't let him walk a dog without a chaperone much less take any "advice" he might think was wanted.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
i wouldn't count on The Chump having any input on anyone's "plans" for a war. i wouldn't let him walk a dog without a chaperone much less take any "advice" he might think was wanted.
All depends if there's a way for him to weasel a buck out of it.

audiohi

Veteran
And now Zelenskys trying to find out Trumps plans for the war. That ought to change you brutenicks outlook on this conflict real fast

“He can publicly share his idea now, not waste time,"
~Zelensky

Zelensky remembers infrastructure week, too.

And the healthcare plan

greyfader

And now Zelenskys trying to find out Trumps plans for the war. That ought to change you brutenicks outlook on this conflict real fast

well Rob, you don't seem to want to answer my questions. i wonder why?

but, anyway, why should Zelensky asking Trump about his plans for the war change anyone's outlook?

especially when Trump doesn't really have a plan. all he's done is shoot his mouth off about how "I alone can fix it" without offering anything of substance. just more evidence of his unjustified narcissism.

Zelensky knows this and his response was a facetious one in reply to a question.

if Trump has a plan why doesn't he share it when it could possibly save lives?

greyfader

yesterday, at an airbase just northeast of Moscow, 3 more Russian aircraft were destroyed on the ground. two transport aircraft and one combat helicopter.

the interesting part about this is that it was not a drone or missile attack but was carried out by unknown people on the ground. at close range. in Russia. at a military airfield.

i wonder who would do such a thing? hmmmm!

RobFromTX

Oh! I didn't know that you were looking for content

r2ir0r95wdpb1.jpg

82k8xnuup8pb1.jpg

Lol they only mediated a ceasefire and spared a bunch of people dying. Them vegan sausages have turned you into a tyrant Audi :confused:

Brother Nature

yep, i noticed, but the Russians have conveniently, if unintentionally, supplied the world with actual figures in the form of death certificates issued to the families of the deceased. i'm sure the Kremlin is not happy about this information getting out of the bag.

i'm sure the Ukrainians have lost a bunch of people too.

i certainly am against this war. i wish the Russians had not invaded Ukraine.

conspiracy theorists are perhaps the most lame players in the political realm. by definition, a theory is not a proven fact.

let me ask you some direct questions. do you think the Ukrainians should have just let the Russians take their country? what would you do if another country invaded the US? nothing? just to avoid war and combat?

Sometimes you have to fight for what is yours. if criminals came to your home and threatened to kill your family members if you did not give them everything you have, what would you do?

any real man would fight!
A real man wouldn’t continuously run to his rich neighbours for help either…

It’s also not a conspiracy that the USA and nato countries have a vested interest in keeping this war going. I don’t even count that retarded right wing bullshit, it’s not even worth the brain drain listening or reading any of it, but I do recall a time when democrats and liberals were vehemently anti war, that is certainly not the case these days.

If you believe that the US had a right to join WWI due to the perceived threat of the Germans allying with Mexico, then surely you can see the point of view that Russia is presenting as their reason, weather it’s true or not. What isn’t clear is why nato and the us are helping Ukraine and not the other countries facing the same types of invasion, eg Palestine, Yemin, etc…

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I do recall a time when democrats and liberals were vehemently anti war, that is certainly not the case these days.

It still is.

Somebody has been selling you a bit of bullshit.

If someone is bullying you, letting them get their way insures that they will continue bullying to get their way.

Suppose that some kid is bullying your kid... is your kid considered a bully if he pasted that bully's face in the dirt?

Brother Nature

It still is.

Somebody has been selling you a bit of bullshit.

If someone is bullying you, letting them get their way insures that they will continue bullying to get their way.

Suppose that some kid is bullying your kid... is your kid considered a bully if he pasted that bully's face in the dirt?
That’s a very American viewpoint though mustard. Gandhi would say different. Mandala would say different. When only 30 liberal members of congress sign a letter to Biden to end war with Russia then it’s retracted by their own party saying it was a mistake. That’s some bullshit. I’ve not seen a single high profile democrat denigrate the decision to elongate this proxy war, this pointless loss of human life, not a one. They all parrot the same playground diplomacy that america and nato should be the worlds police. It was funny in team America all those years ago but it’s a bad look now.

I don’t want Russia to win, but Putin has conviction and is a madman. Russia can afford so many more casualties than Ukraine can. Ukraine will never win this and drawing it out to the benefit of other nations is sick. That’s my problem with all of this, it’s the conflated sense of justice that america has over the world, it causes death and destruction all to expand a declining empire that can’t see the forest for the trees.

I understand your view point, I just don’t agree and I don’t see why that viewpoint doesn’t apply so loudly to the other situations in the world where the little guy should be stood up for. It all just comes across as very manufactured.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If it came down to NATO or Russia I would choose the side with the most people of like mind.

If you have nations upon nations against you and your allies are slim to none, you should consider that there could be a reason.

At some point the bully should take heed of the playground full of people against their will.

I don't think that the US is innocent.

I do think that Russia has less to prove here than the US typically attempts.

Perhaps the best way to look at your example of world police would be to ask if the prospect of Russia winning their war is easily disregarded... and whether or not they should become the world police.

Do you want the next millennia to abide by the motto "if you want some land just take it by violent force"?

GenghisKush

I don’t want Russia to win, but Putin has conviction and is a madman. Russia can afford so many more casualties than Ukraine can. Ukraine will never win this and drawing it out to the benefit of other nations is sick. That’s my problem with all of this, it’s the conflated sense of justice that america has over the world, it causes death and destruction all to expand a declining empire that can’t see the forest for the trees.

I understand your view point, I just don’t agree and I don’t see why that viewpoint doesn’t apply so loudly to the other situations in the world where the little guy should be stood up for. It all just comes across as very manufactured.
We ought to appease a madman who instigated a genocidal war to further his country's desperate imperial ambition because ... why?

Although America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were wrong because they were imperialist projects, I genuinely cannot understand the argument that USA is the imperialist actor here. This war is clearly a consequence of Russian imperialism and not American imperialism.

greyfader

Germany encouraging Mexico to attack the US was just one of the reasons the US entered WW1, and it was a relatively minor one that stood no chance of becoming a reality.

The main reason was the sinking of the Lusitania and the Germans practicing unrestricted submarine warfare on American ships going to England.

NATO sees the invasion of Ukraine as just the first step of Russia's plan to retake as much of the former lands of the Soviet Union as possible. They have made threats to invade the Balkan states and Poland many times over manufactured issues.

Putin all but stated this in his address to the Russian people on February 22, 2022. Two days before the invasion of Ukraine.

It's either stop them now or stop them later. Russia represents a threat to all of Europe.

NATO has never threatened to invade Russia and did not want this war to happen at all.

So this dialogue that the West wants this war is bullshit. Russia wants this war and prosecutes it not in response to a real perceived threat but a Russian-manufactured threat from the West that does not exist.

greyfader

We ought to appease a madman who instigated a genocidal war to further his country's desperate imperial ambition because ... why?

Although America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were wrong because they were imperialist projects, I genuinely cannot understand the argument that USA is the imperialist actor here. This war is clearly a consequence of Russian imperialism and not American imperialism.
Actually, neither Iraq or Afghanistan were invaded for the purpose of annexing them. i did not agree with the invasion of Iraq because i felt that the claim of "weapons of mass destruction" was not supported by any real evidence.

i did agree with the invasion of Afghanistan because the Taliban knowingly allowed terrorist organizations to use the country as a training base and a launching pad for attacking the US.

but we should not have stayed 20 years. we should have left after initially defeating the Taliban and warned them not to let their soil be used by terrorist operations again or we would come back.

notice that now the Taliban is actively fighting Al Queda and Isis and countering Irans influence in the area.