What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yeah, that's the same lame and go nowhere argument used up here in Canada. Some Liberal party shit head and Cabinet Minister claimed that low-education, low-income voters vote Conservative while those who are higher income with post secondary educations vote Liberal. Well no, they don't necessarily. Tracking the last several Federal elections in Canada the Conservatives received more votes from those with higher educations and incomes then the Liberals while the Liberals garnered the most votes from those with basic education and low-incomes.
The Red state/Blue state dichotomy is also false because it assumes that everyone in a particular state votes for the same party.
Way off on this one. Better educated means better reading, critical thinking skills, and higher income (blue states). Less educated means more likely to collect Chump playing cards, Big Time Wrestling fan and Lower income (red states). Instead of calling it 'lame' and covering with a bullshit story - you could have just looked it up.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Way off on this one. Better educated means better reading, critical thinking skills, and higher income (blue states). Less educated means more likely to collect Chump playing cards, Big Time Wrestling fan and Lower income (red states). Instead of calling it 'lame' and covering with a bullshit story - you could have just looked it up.

Youre hung up on a guy thats been out of office for almost 3 years. What does that say about your intelligence?

btw those red states produce most of the food and resources that you use. Not that you could have possibly known that

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Liberal and intellectual are not synonymous though. Like, are you saying that no conservative can be an intellectual?
Of course they are not. That is not what I implied. Just most intellectuals are also liberal minded people. Most conservatives in the political sense are apathetic and stupid, in my experience. Most are also evangelical which adds an even thicker layer of stupidity.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Youre hung up on a guy thats been out of office for almost 3 years. What does that say about your intelligence?
Besides having been in office, Trump was for me, exemplary of the mindlessness of many of Americans, as Zeez stated wrestling enthusiasts and such. I thought this many years prior to Trump running for office. It was this very mindlessness which he capitalized on to gain his popularity.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

btw those red states produce most of the food and resources that you use. Not that you could have possibly known that
Bottom line - Doesn't mean shit. Red food producing states have the most food deprived people and more poor uneducated people working at low paying farm jobs.

The only thing you know about me is that I lived in El Peso and Austin.

Reality - The San Joaquin Valley is the nation's major food producing area. California.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

The guy is occupying tons of heads rent free.

Tens of tons.

Brother Nature

john-cleese-basil-fawlty.gif

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a canadian that has squatted in the forest most his life, paid no taxes telling americans how to live .you can't make it up
Or an American who bought land in Canada and paid way too much tax might be a better story. Glad to see you like Basil.

greyfader

Cultural Marxism is intentionally anti-intellectual, aka pseudo-intellectualism.
yep, it is. but that is not one of the factors in this war. far-right anti-intellectualism is.

we are seeing people who desire far-right authoritarian governments in their own countries supporting putler.

it's kind of a trend right now.

i'm not attacking the right in general. i have a lot of respect for intellectual conservatives who have valid arguments. there is nothing wrong with being a conservative.

Trump was actually held in check by his own very conservative cabinet. the ones who respect the rule of law and the Constitution.

the far left is just as bad as the far right.

if you want to see a totally dysfunctional example of the far left at work you need to look no farther than Oregon.

i spent 2013-2018 there working in the legal cannabis industry.

Oregon is a utopian dream gone wrong. the welfare programs are out of control and attract abusers and lifelong bums like flies on shit.

all you have to do is show up, ID or not, and automatically get a credit card every month for food. and medical care is totally free for anyone with a food card.

the homeless situation is beyond belief. every hedge has someone living in it. the meth tweakers come out at night riding stolen bicycles and then steal everything in sight.

just after sundown in Eugene, Or you will see groups of them, 5-6-7-8 riding fast in a line wearing hoodies, on a mission to steal enough of something to get more meth.

homeless are allowed to camp on the public right of way. shitting in the bushes.

when i first arrived, the US Highway 99 median, which is a four-lane with a wide median north of town, was home to hundreds of tent or tarp dwellers. living on the median.

it was difficult to drive past because they were all over the road. they were ruining the businesses by hanging out in front of them begging.

they stunk beyond belief!

the welfare system there attracted these people. then the state perpetuated their existence by encouraging them to stay and abuse the tax dollars of working people.

brilliant!

and talking about the uneducated believing anything someone tells them, i heard so many bizarre ideas like chemtrails controlling your brain and magic rocks in the potting soil. it was all so surreal.

i don't care for the far left either. i want to see moderates with common sense in government, not extremists.

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
Where you write about politics, well, in Germany something is changing drasticly. For historical reasons nazi or right wing partys never had a chance. In the moment the right wing AfD, Alternative für Deutschland, is in some surveys stronger than everybody ever thought. In parts stronger than a lot of the old democratic partys. The left media and politics go nuts about it and say all voters are nazis. In the moment 20% of all german voters, but most of them vote for protest and haven´t got the feeling that the old democratic partys are not working for them, more against them with strange laws. Also there is the woke problem in the society, a kind of culture clash. To say it in american, fly over states against east and west coast intelectuals.
It could be that the AfD next year is the winner of some federal elections in east germany.

I don´t like the AfD, or ever vote for them, they are dumb, primitve and for Russia, but it´s a historical change what´s going on in the moment. The lessons of the 2nd WW are not more longer irrefutable in germany. What always was common sense is eroding. On the other hand it is nothing special, in a lot of european countrys there are right wing partys. In Italy, for excample in the goverment.