What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

greyfader

one of the common themes of far-right radical populism is anti-intellectualism.

anti-intellectualism has been explained as “a resentment and suspicion of the life of the mind and of those who are considered to represent it; and a disposition constantly to minimize the value of that life”.

and;

"a social attitude that systematically undermines science-based facts, academic and institutional authorities, and the pursuit of theory and knowledge."

taken from;

dictators and would-be dictators are aware of and consciously use those people who are predisposed towards "anti-intellectualism".

it is often intertwined with religious dogma and disdains science.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You also

Can we hear more about that six miles deep missile?

Let me guess... you're going to ignore direct questioning, post more propaganda, and answer the low hanging fruit...??

Lodge it in black and white kiddo...

Now just let drown in your shit, no more time to loose to help you save you from your end.

:whee:
All this to hide the dims crimes in Ukraine. They should be hated the world over, with no place to hide.

We already have enough stupid people believing stupid things, you aren't helping.

Have you moved to Russia yet?

Their political scheme is much better for you.

I'll buy your ticket.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yes I have been under the impression that they didn't plan this far ahead and are doing a worse job planning now.

It's sadly looking like they'll do something desperate. Putin is alike Trump, Un, or Hitler in his inability to admit fault or loss.

Childish as it may seem, that is a very dangerous quality to pair with a short temper and an entire country's military.

We're still struggling against dictators in the 21st century.

Imagine what our technology and industry could have been focused on for the last century...

Instead we just keep suffering the same fate as previous generations.

State of the art implements of mass death, yet steered by century old Stalins and Mussolinis.

Yeah... let's plan on radiation... I don't think people want to change.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the more Russian blood shed, the faster Putin will disappear. it sucks for their country, but is good for the rest of the world. those thugs are sending untrained and poorly equipped draftees to their death to prolong Putins "reign". "meatgrinder" is an accurate term...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
the more Russian blood shed, the faster Putin will disappear. it sucks for their country, but is good for the rest of the world. those thugs are sending untrained and poorly equipped draftees to their death to prolong Putins "reign". "meatgrinder" is an accurate term...

Unless it involves a coup or revolution then the bloodshed will lack the ability to affect Putin.

I've seen his type before, we all have.

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
358034932_642366054593341_1529408029813847314_n.jpg

greyfader

Riiight. And the far-left is just loaded with intellectuals. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
that's true, but i was examining the extreme far right that spans the Western countries and supports Putler in this war. and their knowing and willing embrace of anti-intellectualism.

"i don't like them people that think they're smarter than us" usually accompanied by "dueling banjoes".

now, about the far left, there is a distinction to be made between those that knowingly pursue anti-intellectualism and those that are just too fucking stupid to understand much of anything.

Blue Rhino

that's true, but i was examining the extreme far right that spans the Western countries and supports Putler in this war. and their knowing and willing embrace of anti-intellectualism.

"i don't like them people that think they're smarter than us" usually accompanied by "dueling banjoes".

now, about the far left, there is a distinction to be made between those that knowingly pursue anti-intellectualism and those that are just too fucking stupid to understand much of anything.
Cultural Marxism is intentionally anti-intellectual, aka pseudo-intellectualism.

Blue Rhino

Just compare the education levels of red states versus blue. Not even close. 😂 😂
Yeah, that's the same lame and go nowhere argument used up here in Canada. Some Liberal party shit head and Cabinet Minister claimed that low-education, low-income voters vote Conservative while those who are higher income with post secondary educations vote Liberal. Well no, they don't necessarily. Tracking the last several Federal elections in Canada the Conservatives received more votes from those with higher educations and incomes then the Liberals while the Liberals garnered the most votes from those with basic education and low-incomes.
The Red state/Blue state dichotomy is also false because it assumes that everyone in a particular state votes for the same party.