What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

entropical

Veteran
Oh not so. I think the Americans know exactly how far they can go because threats without action show weakness. Putin will back down because he already bit off more than he can chew.
You think that loosing an MQ-9 with Gorgon Stare to Russia, two russian birds causing it to fall into into the sea by defecating on it, that this was a display of american competence and strenght?

To me at least the fact that it happened shows they don’t know.

I'm glad you're laughing because this has nothing to do with Ukraine.
Since Nato is the cause of this conflict I think it does.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You think that loosing an MQ-9 with Gorgon Stare to Russia, two russian birds causing it to fall into into the sea by defecating on it, that this was a display of american competence and strenght?

Maybe you should bring up the Bolshevik Revolution too because this also has nothing to do with Ukraine.

audiohi

Veteran

fcjuijiau5oa1.png

RobFromTX

And thats the uncomfortable truth of it. Nato wasn't suppose to go near as close to Russia as they have under the 92' accords. But If Putin hadnt come to power and started that "lets go back to the old ways" talk then im sure nato wouldn't have expanded like it has either. Its a double edged sword

armedoldhippy

Veteran
And thats the uncomfortable truth of it. Nato wasn't suppose to go near as close to Russia as they have under the 92' accords. But If Putin hadnt come to power and started that "lets go back to the old ways" talk then im sure nato wouldn't have expanded like it has either. Its a double edged sword
yeah, you don't get to bitch about an avalanche when you started the ball rolling...

entropical

Veteran
Maybe you should bring up the Bolshevik Revolution too because this also has nothing to do with Ukraine.
No need really since you just did, but if there is anything to say then there is the same anti-russian hate behind both.

greyfader

A secret reason for war financing Ukraine?

When discussing the costs of the current conflict between Russia and NATO through the proxy war in Ukraine, the discussion often focuses on the procurement costs of the weapons and ammunition transferred from US and NATO arsenals to the Ukrainian army. These costs have been characterized as follows: "Our [U.S.] total aid to Ukraine from January 24, 2022 to January 15, 2023 is $76.8 billion. [and] $46.6 billion was for military purposes."

In this post, I just want to discuss the $46.6 billion portion. This largely concerns weapons that were purchased decades ago, last about 20 years and are about to leave the US arsenal. When these weapons normally go out of service, they must be demilitarized and disposed of, at a significant cost to the US and its allies.

The important point is that these demilitarization costs are significant. By donating these old and soon-to-demilitarize weapons to Ukraine, the US and its NATO allies avoid these costs.

Delivering expiring and near-expiration weapons to Ukraine avoids demilitarization costs for the US and NATO. In addition, the use of these weapons by the Ukrainian armed forces has brought losses to the Russian armed forces. This was a reasonable strategy when there were large stocks of expired ammunition. Unfortunately, the US and NATO no longer have surplus ammunition.

In the current political climate, there is little support to spend new money on Ukraine's military, and the old money has run out. Expect a change in NATO policy, as continuing to support Ukrainian forces will in fact create new costs through the production of new weapons instead of avoiding costs through demilitarization of old weapons.

at least state your source. the way you put this up here looks like you intended for people to think you are the author.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

Russia started this war.

entropical

Veteran
What are the old ways more than the idea that national sovreignity trumps the so called rules based order imposed on the world by US imperialism? Nato was not supposed to expand at all but did so even to the point of toppling an elected government to install a client anti-russian Nazi regime in Ukraine. Of course for every action that Nato takes there will be a russian reaction.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I'm glad you're laughing because this has nothing to do with Ukraine.
The Serbs were using old Soviet stuff too and still they managed to shut down a 'stealth' F117 bomber.In 2003 the same with the Iraqis using old Soviet stuff to shut down several Apache choppers in Karbala.
Btw NATO is still using MIG-21s.

Corpselover Fat

The Serbs were using old Soviet stuff too and still they managed to shut down a 'stealth' F117 bomber.In 2003 the same with the Iraqis using old Soviet stuff to shut down several Apache choppers in Karbala.

Oh wow. Nato weaponry is not invincible? That's a shocker. But hey, since we are listing things: let's have a look see at Oryx:

Russia has had at least 68 helicopters destroyed so far in the smo. Also more than 70 airplanes.

Croatia seems to have 11 mig-21, which will be decomissioned next year. Romania has 16 and they too are to be decomissioned next year.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yugoslavia was part of the Soviet Union. They all had Russian arms, Serbia, Croatia, everybody. The NATO countries with Migs are the freed Russia countries. Like Poland, Slovakia, etc, the want to get rid of them and replace them with NATO armament. Russian stuff is in most third world countries.

This still has nothing to do with Ukraine. They will take anything they can get.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yugoslavia was part of the Soviet Union. They all had Russian arms, Serbia, Croatia, everybody. The NATO countries with Migs are the freed Russia countries. Like Poland, Slovakia, etc, the want to get rid of them and replace them with NATO armament. Russian stuff is in most third world countries.

This still has nothing to do with Ukraine. They will take anything they can get.
any shelter in a storm...

Latest posts

Latest posts