What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

buzzmobile

Veteran
buzz , i thought it was obvious , you answered yourself.

programmed in a way to hate . warmongers

drop seeds not bombs. spread love not weapons
Sometimes one has to state the obvious. See below:

1675459344796.png

armedoldhippy

Veteran
People say germans can't do humour, but then the German mod sends 14 Leopard 2 tanks and 88 leopard 1 to Ukraine.

;D

(Yes, I know why there are 14 and 88, but it's still amusing)
sounds like a good start...i hope the punch line justifies the "joke"... everything is funny...to someone.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Portugal will not send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. The decision is made by António Costa and the reasons are not explained. These are vehicles of high technological complexity, very difficult to maintain, and whose ammunition costs a fortune and is scarce on the market.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Portugal will not send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. The decision is made by António Costa and the reasons are not explained. These are vehicles of high technological complexity, very difficult to maintain, and whose ammunition costs a fortune and is scarce on the market.

Well now that's a game changer...

The country is not very big.

I doubt that they have many in the first place.

Corpselover Fat

They have 37 Leopards and no other tanks. So no. They don't have many. Finland has around 240 Leopard 2. Population of Finland is 5 million and there are twice as many portuguese. Fi is more than three times the size of Pt. We also have 1300km of border with Russia.

mexcurandero420

Veteran

The LP isnt a game changer at all.Little bit further in the article

It should be noted that most of the 37 vehicles in Portugal – parked in the military field of Santa Margarida – are not operational due to lack of spare parts. This is because, despite having been acquired second-hand in the Netherlands, they belong to the most advanced range of Leopard 2 (the A6 model), being technologically very complex. Furthermore, the Army does not have and never had a single live ammunition for armored personnel to fire, but only training ammunition.

audiohi

Veteran

nice work as always @mexcurandero420

I don't know why you even bother. They only have 37, mostly inoperable.

As of a few hours ago...

Portugal to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine, PM says​

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/portugal-send-leopard-tanks-ukraine-pm-says-2023-02-04/

Portugal is working with Germany to get the parts needed to repair the tanks that are not operational, Costa said, adding he hoped to deliver them to Ukraine by the end of March.

Corpselover Fat

Portugal is quite a poor country with gdp of little over 20 000$ per capita. Richer than Russia, but poor by western Euroopan standards. I'm not surprised they bought a few cheap used tanks and never bothered to fix all of them since noone is going to attack them.

mexcurandero420

Veteran
nice work as always @mexcurandero420

I don't know why you even bother. They only have 37, mostly inoperable.

As of a few hours ago...

Portugal to send Leopard tanks to Ukraine, PM says​

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/portugal-send-leopard-tanks-ukraine-pm-says-2023-02-04/
Article was from Feb 3th, but it isnt about the amount of tanks they have, which is just a small part of it, but a LP is technologically very complex and they have no live ammunition.As your article says, the missing parts will be send.Question only is when and what about the live ammunition, which cost a great ammount of money and Portugal isnt very rich btw?

audiohi

Veteran

mexcurandero420

Veteran
By the end of March the article says.Does the article also tell us about their training.Will that be the end of March too or are they already in training?

how quickly you change your story
Not really, that's just your opinion.Dutch army had those tanks for years, like I wrote earlier, they were more in the garage for repair than operational.Those tanks aren't easy to fix in the open-field like those Russian tanks, which can be done by an ordinary mechanic.

Latest posts

Latest posts