What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

gkn

you are right big herb, we were missing our friend four_seasons at the ace subforum as well, his info was enormously appreciated, and besides the old articles he posted, he was a good guerrilla grower as well. i'm not sure why he got banned but i send my best wishes to him and hope to read him back.

saludos

Che

Veteran
If you are using M$ windows the shortcut to increase font size/images is CTRL+ (plus) or CTRL + (mouse wheel up)

bigherb

Veteran
thankyou all very much

im part of the younger generation that couldnt offer much vintage BUT please

lets keep this thread jumping

luvbigherb

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
This thread is great! Love it! I sub'd to it, but for some reason it isn't on my list. I couldn't find it forever and almost gave up until I went back to the ultimate sativa thread and found the link posted up there. Thanks to four_seasons for starting the thread, I've bookmarked it so I won't have to remember where it is.

I hope you can came back on sometime, four. Thanks again for taking the time to post up all those old photos/magazine articles.

jessethestoner

hi this is mt first post and i just wanted to say this thread is amazing i like to consider myself a cannabis historian of sorts and i loved reading the old articles that were on here does any one have anymore older articles or anything like that it would be greatly appreciated

G.O. Joe

Veteran
so was four seasons the only one with old hightimes mags and such thats really too bad

The suck from Hager's post-Green Merchant High Times was so bad, even from another room they contaminated great earlier issues with a foul taint and I had to throw the whole stack away. I'd love to show the kids the reader submissions from when HPS, hydro, and buying seeds all came together in the US, which lead directly to Green Merchant. It was a special time.

If I found locally some issues in good condition from before Hager totally fucked it up, I'd buy them.

igrowone

Veteran
old hightimes issues? got a box full of them stashed away, may have to check out what's here and if i could add anything new

igrowone

Veteran
so a quick inventory
the oldest issues: May 1975, and Nov/Dec 1976
then June/August/Sept./Nov 1977
Jan - May, July/Sept. 1978
Jan. - June 1979, and a May 1980

igrowone

Veteran
where to start? i guess the oldest might be kind of interesting
the pics in the 1975 issue weren't all that special, so this is from the quotations(transcribed not scanned)

Trans-High Market Quotations

East Coast
Regular Mexican - poor quality and condition - $20-30 oz
Good Mexican - Guerrero; Oaxacan; very decent - $20-40 oz
High-quality Mexican - excellent sinsemilla, getting rarer - $50-110 oz
Commercial Jamaican - bright green; ragweed - $20-35 oz
High-quality Jamaican - practically non-existent - $40-65 oz
Commercial Columbian - ordinary at best - $25-40 oz
Red Columbian - small bright red buds; excellent - $35-60 oz
Gold Columbian - actually slightly immature red - $35-60 oz
Hawaiian - green with red hairs; tasty - $150-225 oz
Thai Sticks - good quality - $20-30 for one
Red Buddha sticks - - $200-225 oz
Columbian hash - fair - $60-110 oz
Red Lebanese hash - cloth sack; good - $75-125 oz
- light red; pungent excellent - $100-175
Nepalese hash - fingers; good - $135-200 oz
Honey oil - rare - $25-40 gram
Afghani oil - sticky black; good - $25-35 gram

West Coast
Domestic - high sierra; northern counties - $20-35 oz
Commercial Mexican - mostly long green tops; good - $15-30 oz
High-quality Mexican - various kinds; Oaxacan;Pueblo; Guerrero sinsemilla - $30-50 oz
Commercial Columbian - supply dwindling - $25-40 oz
High-quality Columbian - multicolored; fresh and tasty - $40-60 oz
- some spicy red - $40-60 oz
Hawaiian - delicious; watch for imitations - $150-200 oz
Thai Sticks - pressed green; good - $15-25 for one
Honey oil - clear; getting scarce - $25-35 gram
Isomerized oil - rare - $30-45 gram
Afghani hash - thick black slabs; good - $120-200 oz
Lebanese red - fair - $100-125 oz

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pressed flower of African grown outdoor1992/3 season ,,

7253lga_1st_medal.JPG

,, immortalized into the 1st LGA CC , 1st place medal, 2008 season

peace n old flowers ALL

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
you are right big herb, we were missing our friend four_seasons at the ace subforum as well, his info was enormously appreciated, and besides the old articles he posted, he was a good guerrilla grower as well. i'm not sure why he got banned but i send my best wishes to him and hope to read him back.

saludos

I 2nd your sentiment 1000%. He was a wealth of information and it is a shame that he cannot post here anymore.

The Reason ...

The Reason ...

"Four Seasons" was banned because he repeatedly posted copyrighted material without permission.

He made it worse by inventing bullshit captions.

He was given ample warning.

He chose to cop an attitude.

He repeated his mistake.

He paid the price.

Screw him.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Did any of the owners complain? I am a photographer of tweeds for close to 20 yrs , i doubt anybody cared , if anything would be an honor to have pics from old get so much response... that thread was a lot of work and helped many people , If we want to ban members that post illegal subjects there would be No More IC

Wich owner of a Photograph sent a Cease & Desist Letter letter of or even complained??