What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Lumpy-Gravy

A picture of a full pack of premier sweet, BLUES and an open pack of NONAME …. Like I said. You don’t deserve a place on a forum. Lying to discredit decent members …
00477A8B-855D-4493-95E6-E929B62FE2A5.jpeg

bimblebrains_1

Ultragenetics have just released a variety called Darkside Cheese, the claims it's Brightside's cut crossed to a hybrid of theirs. Is it just marketing ?
I'd edge a bet that they working with the fake brightside that was going for 1000 dollars on that clone website,aka blue psycho...we going to see this for years and years to come now after god knows how many of them have now been sold as brightsides,a bigger cluster fuck than ever..... hooray,pisses me off

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd be skeptical of people claiming they got the Brightside cut these days especially seed makers just trying to jump on the bandwagon since hypes gained with Brightside cut.

I don't hold the Brightside cut anymore but most of my seed varieties with cheese i still offer are all made with the Brightside apart from 2 newer hybrids ( British Petroleum and new strain Cheese x Endangered Rhino) both using @bimblebrains_1 cut

These are Cheese hybrids available ( 50% off for any icmag.com members, already including icmag.com discount)made using actual Brightside cut

Cheese N Chaze = Cheese x SSSDH Male

Cheese N Chong = Cheese x Casey Jones

Cheese x Chemdog Haze

Mango N Cheese = Cheese x Silver Nevil

These poly hybrids using Cheesedog or Purple Cheddar in hybrids that both made with Brightside cut

Purple Cheddar ( cheese clone Brightside cut x Granddaddy Purple cut Reversed
x OG kush dom Male

Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem ( meat and no veg pheno)
x OG kush dom Male

Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem ( kush pheno)
x OG kush dom Male

Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem ( 50/50 pheno)
x OG kush dom Male
9 weeks

Purple Cheddar OG Madness = Purple Cheddar x OG x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness

Wnikk

I'd be skeptical of people claiming they got the Brightside cut these days especially seed makers just trying to jump on the bandwagon since hypes gained with Brightside cut.

I don't hold the Brightside cut anymore but most of my seed varieties with cheese i still offer are all made with the Brightside apart from 2 newer hybrids ( British Petroleum and new strain Cheese x Endangered Rhino) both using @bimblebrains_1 cut

These are Cheese hybrids available ( 50% off for any icmag.com members, already including icmag.com discount)made using actual Brightside cut

Cheese N Chaze = Cheese x SSSDH Male

Cheese N Chong = Cheese x Casey Jones

Cheese x Chemdog Haze

Mango N Cheese = Cheese x Silver Nevil

These poly hybrids using Cheesedog or Purple Cheddar in hybrids that both made with Brightside cut

Purple Cheddar ( cheese clone Brightside cut x Granddaddy Purple cut Reversed
x OG kush dom Male

Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem ( meat and no veg pheno)
x OG kush dom Male

Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem ( kush pheno)
x OG kush dom Male

Triangle Cheesedog x OG Chem ( 50/50 pheno)
x OG kush dom Male
9 weeks

Purple Cheddar OG Madness = Purple Cheddar x OG x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness
Hi pal, do you have a website or something for these?

4kali

from what I'm reading above, I take it people have now come to the conclusion that the bimble cut isn't the brightside cut ?
what's Rick saying on the matter? not seen him around for a while.

bimblebrains_1

from what I'm reading above, I take it people have now come to the conclusion that the bimble cut isn't the brightside cut ?
what's Rick saying on the matter? not seen him around for a while.
Spoke to Rick about a month or so ago and he's still yet to grow her and won't give his opinion until he can,got a few like 3weeks in here that are starting to kick out a stench so I'm excited to try and decent example,I did try a bit of flower recently but it was overferted and had pest pressure so not a good test..I still think that she could be the one but she is old,tired and muted somewhat in the smell department if she is and has become super finicky to get the good expression out of after so long and such bad practices over the years.. shiskaboy is convinced she is,so much that he's getting her in to tissue culture,so hopefully we can really see her shine as she is no doubt dirty right now

jahshaka

Spoke to Rick about a month or so ago and he's still yet to grow her and won't give his opinion until he can,got a few like 3weeks in here that are starting to kick out a stench so I'm excited to try and decent example,I did try a bit of flower recently but it was overferted and had pest pressure so not a good test..I still think that she could be the one but she is old,tired and muted somewhat in the smell department if she is and has become super finicky to get the good expression out of after so long and such bad practices over the years.. shiskaboy is convinced she is,so much that he's getting her in to tissue culture,so hopefully we can really see her shine as she is no doubt dirty right now
I'll chime in by saying I trusted an old friend to mind Bimbles cut which he did for a time being but ended flowering it out and not being able to get a cut. Because hes quite incompetent in general.

What he did say to me was. It was the exact same as the old exodus cut he had in 2010. No different. I take his word as he did have the original cheese for a few moons back then and he not the bullsh*tting type.
Bimble is stand up guy. I believe what he saying and can attest to my buddies experience too.

So what OJD is using currently is pretty much the real deal as far as i'm concerned.

bimblebrains_1

I'll chime in by saying I trusted an old friend to mind Bimbles cut which he did for a time being but ended flowering it out and not being able to get a cut. Because hes quite incompetent in general.

What he did say to me was. It was the exact same as the old exodus cut he had in 2010. No different. I take his word as he did have the original cheese for a few moons back then and he not the bullsh*tting type.
Bimble is stand up guy. I believe what he saying and can attest to my buddies experience too.

So what OJD is using currently is pretty much the real deal as far as i'm concerned.
Ahh mate so the guy never managed to get her out to you in end,gutted that's a damn shame bro,one day eh,maybe once she's been cleaned up..
As for the cut herself,has all the hallmarks including the strange mouth salivating thing due to the sharpness, thickness and astringentcy of the smoke,I specifically remember that when smoking the cheese around 2000 to 2003 and have never experienced it since, not until I toked the flower I received with the cut,I got it again when I toked the 6week emergency chop flower I did last year and I'm really hoping I get it from what's flowering now once ready,Its unique to that old old cut,anyine know what I'm talking about,the mouth thing?....the other thing she got going for her is that the 6week flower had to be double bagged,then jarred,then bagged,then vacuum sealed to contain the smell and it still didn't quite do it, after a 2 month cure actually smelt dead on like the English blue cheese called stilton,a disgusting smell to many and a very acquired taste,in the wing commander blue weed world article he says it was named cheese because of the resemblance in smell to a blue cheese fishing bait concentrate..now despite the smell being strong as a said I do believe the stink on my copy has been lost a bit over time, especially when growing,the smell comes alive more once dried,sealed up and opened again but apart from that the taste and high is still there,this has happened to many a good cut after so many years of different types of abuse lol,it's defo not as stinky as the weed we used to get back in the day,a tiny bud could stink out your entire house and you could smell it outside your front door but I do believe it is the same one

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah, those symptoms you are describing, are symptoms of viral/viroid infection. Loss of vigour, loss of terps, being old and tired and finicky, struggle to root clones of, and have to get all the ducks in a row to get a decent expression of the plant.
Then the abiotic stress factors are, overferting, underferting, pest pressure, overwatering, underwatering excessive heat etc...

And cheese is tolerant to the common viroid, so its hard for us to see until viral load is through the roof..and then its not a uniform expression either due to the tolerance, so hard again to pinpoint whats wrong. Root test with PCR and it is quickly apparent. Dirty as F..LOL

All the old heirloom cuts are rotten by now, unless they have been successfully cleaned up in tissue, which is not easy either. Look at the chemdog thread, everyones claiming that the real cut has varigation, that it grows out of it when really happy. And boron, or calmag or or, or a spray with aspirin etc. temporarily takes it away, wonder if they tried chitosan? .Hmmm. That's all viral shit guaranteed, clean the clone up and I can almost guarantee that symptoms will all go away, and yield with almost double, and THC % will jump a whole lot, and clones will become a breeze to root again.

We got the cheese here at bottom of africa in early-mid 2000's, I got my cut of it late 2000's. 2009 or so..It was already infected when I got it, with HLVD, or it got infected quckly after getting it. If I look back I think our local landraces the masses were buying for day to day smoke was infected, I knew those major exporters to europe, they were crying about yields and grade falling off the cliff back then, putting it down to DEA crop spraying in the plantations in the hills. I put it down to viroid these days. Proper cheese is of the most hoarded cuts you get, I only gave it out to three people in all the years I had it, and they had to earn that cut. And it was pretty much the same for everyone else who got their grubby paws on it. When I got my cut, I did one last big outdoor grow for funds and moved to the forest for ten years to be a cheese hermit, overgrowing the world with greenhouses, indoors and outdoors. My first crops with it, I see viroid clearly now in hindsight, but for years and years pulled off my g/w or better with it..LOL...though we figured in the beginning your moms had to always be fresh...in hindsight, chasing them away from viroid load all the time. Was it infected when it got here? Did it get infected in mom room? Probably both..LOL

So now years later, I'm not growing cheese, contract growing for export, but know a few that are...so all of them, I told them whats up, they probably have this viroid thing, explained it, and got them to do a few quick successions of clones-root-plant-clone-root-plant-etc each time selecting the clones that are the quickest to root, and also not taking apical tips as cuts but those little shoots below the apical tip that one would normall clean off the clone, clone those, chasing the mothers away from the high viral load. The cut being tolerant so one can to a degree. And excise lower floppy branches and as well bleach bleach bleach..washing hands before working with plants thoroughly and bleaching scissors between cuts etc, multiple pairs soaking in 10000ppm clorine bleach..and spraying moms, clones, plants with chitosan at varying doses to keep immune system pumping and also iinhibit viral replication to some degree. Its like getting an aids patient onto anti-retrovirals, suddenly becomes hiv again and they look normal, same deal.

And strangely, suddenly I hear of "super cheese" back on the market again..people raving about this cheese thats been hitting the streets, like the cheese of old days..LOL soo it worked. We have access to all the boutique cali style bud here and none of it compares to proper cheese but I think its quality always being on a downhill slide due to viral shit so even the cheese growers forget how fuckin rank the cut actually is, I think everyones' is infected. No ones done any testing as there isnt any available here yet for the public, but I will bet money with anyone that my hunch was right. Chances of it not being infected are very very very slim, as is with any old cut been around for long enough. And also I tested my cut and it was as high a viroid titer as we had seen, through the roof, so I can't claim any psychic powers unfortunately.

Last edited:

Nexus7

Is this signs of virus?

20240128_175234.jpg

20240128_175155.jpg

It's otherwise healthy but has the odd varigated? leaf thing ... side branching is a bit crazy and uneven with the odd mutated leaf/even number leaf blade leaf too.

Rgd

Veteran
As for the cut herself,has all the hallmarks including the strange mouth salivating thing due to the sharpness, thickness and astringentcy of the smoke,
special characteristic of particular high end sensi?

when I was in colombia in1977 the [junkie] guy we were discussing weed with said:
you have to try some of the sinsemilla that this one guy grows,,..
he held his hands in a larger coke bottle shape and said “Beeg Bod”
[ we didn’t get to try any..he ripped us off lol]

"it make you taste sweet water"

I am sure people here have smoked weed like that and its always great weed
I know I have and it’s rare rare

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Is this signs of virus?

View attachment 18951818

View attachment 18951820

It's otherwise healthy but has the odd varigated? leaf thing ... side branching is a bit crazy and uneven with the odd mutated leaf/even number leaf blade leaf too.
Thats not cheese... :) but looks like some virus/viroid of sort...lots can cause that mosaic..the leaves don't look like they are showing signs of hlvd but even that can cause mosaic patterns too.

Reggyox

my cuts werent sourced through anybody off here ...

the exodus copy i have is from somebody my ends known as the "greenman".. has his own grown shop and dedicated his life to the plant

the sheff blues i sourced myself by back tracking a batch of blues back to its source ... we used to get 2 batchs called blues but 1 batch was always superior to the other... itt still had all the qualities of the blues/livers but takes it to a whole new level... never really smoked anything like sheff blues but tbh all clones are unique in their own way..

as far as cheese goes nothing really compares to the exodus and as far as im concerned she is the original cheeese every other version followed after...

ive just harvested sheff blues and the aroma you get from trimming is very milky creamy and you also get a nutty kind of smell ... weird as fook cause none of those aromas really transcend into the final product its just pure relentless terp bombs going off 1 after the other and it just dont fade ...
Don’t mean to just butt In but your cuts wouldn’t of came from The Oxford area by any chance?