What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The same moral obligation as anyone else that earned enough to pay taxes. Tax money doesn't just go towards helping allies in combat. The money we contribute to an ally in combat is a tiny fraction of the total revenue the government raises. Then if you break it down by how much of each individual taxpayr gord toward helping an ally in combat the amount each individual pays is an even much tinier fraction, literall pennies on the dollar. So you don't pay taxes, okay then one half of one bullet doesn't get sent towards the cause.
and whatever we pay in taxes, is still NOT ENOUGH.... for the motherfuckers

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
and whatever we pay in taxes, is still NOT ENOUGH.... for the motherfuckers
Sure seems like it is since the GOP keeps talking about cutting taxes for the people with the greatest ability to afford to pay taxes. Like them or not you rarely hear Democrats talking about cutting taxes, just about trying to make sure everyone pays their fair share.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Sure seems like it is since the GOP keeps talking about cutting taxes for the people with the greatest ability to afford to pay taxes. Like them or not you rarely hear Democrats talking about cutting taxes, just about trying to make sure everyone pays their fair share.
and that's the key word.... fair share.... that's where it gets ticklish... should the rich pay more ... i think yes is the answer ... but if u r taking that extra $$$ and spending like a drunken sailor... u need to fairly tax, and then spend what u bring in.... simple in theory.... ahhh the good old days of Clinton....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
No, I want an explanation of how anyone is obligated to pay without force being used.

Social responsibility?

Doing your part?

Understanding a basic level of how a government operates?

The government didn't beat Wesley Snipes into submission with violence.

It's beginning to sound like that's the only method that you would understand.

Is it more preferable to have a constituency of willing taxpayers or rebellious tightwads who get the reek of treason beat out of them along with their taxes?

This country was once obsessed with taxation without representation. Now you have representation but don't agree with it? That's a voting process that elects them still, right?

If you can't find a suitable candidate for your vote, then it seems like you should run for office.

It's a much better look than not voting and whining about the people in action whilst sitting on your ass.

HempKat

Veteran
and that's the key word.... fair share.... that's where it gets ticklish... should the rich pay more ... i think yes is the answer ... but if u r taking that extra $$$ and spending like a drunken sailor... u need to fairly tax, and then spend what u bring in.... simple in theory.... ahhh the good old days of Clinton....
It's not a question of should the rich pay more, if you're charging a fair tax rate to everyone thenthe rich will automatically pay morebecause if everyone pays let's say 10% of their income then the person making a million per year will automatically pay more then someone who only makes on hundred thousand per year. Where it gets ticklish as you say or less fair is that people who are rich have the money to do things to dignificantly reduce their share, even down to zero. That the poorer person can't even dream of doing to lower their taxes. As far as spending that should be pretty simple you can only spend what you have and once it's gone, it's gone, until the next payday, just like everyone else has to do. The problem is our system isn't reliable enough to know exactly how much there is to spend It should be hard to fix though just stick the total amount you collect in taxes in a given year into an account and then that's it, that's what you have to work with until next year. Alas the system was never that simple and straight foward. It used to be closer then it is now but it's been a long time since the government came up with a balanced budget.

Cannavore

Veteran
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then becuase I fel it is debatable since ultimately it is the killer who is responsible for the murders he/she commits.
So you see no connection between the US just the other day giving them another $3.5 billion in money and arms and then they bombed a school using Boeing bombs?

Untitled.png

Their desire to kill isn't predicated on whatever aide they may get.
Yeah it's predicated on the fact that the US has unilateral veto power and will protect Israel while they commit heinous crimes against humanity. There are ZERO strings attached to the shit we send them which signals that Israel has the green light to do whatever they want.

The major reason the US has been giving Israel money since the late 40's is so they have the means to defend themselves when attacked
You can't claim self defense while stealing and occupying land lol that's not how it works.

, which this all started from them being attacked about 10 months ago.
lol
In fact I would be willing to bet for the first few months of their aggression the Israelis were using weapons and munitions from their stockpile and the desire for aide now is to replenish that stockpile as much as anything else. In fact more likely then not they still have enough of that stockpile that if they US cut them off completely from any aide to keep killing people for quite some time yet. I mean it's not like if we cut them off they would suddenly say "Oh well I guess we can't fight anymore?"
Where's that stockpile come from lol. US defense contractors and the $4 billion we give them anually?

Cannavore

Veteran
If I gave $3.5bn no strings attached to ISIS and they do scores of crimes. I'd be in trouble. Why isn't that same logic applied to Israel and the US. It's a linear series of events. Give them money, veto any attempts by the international community to reign them in, they commit gross crimes against humanity, there's no repurcussions, rinse and repeat.

This is illegal and prosecutable under international law. Specifically the Rome Statute and Article 3 of the Genocide Convention.,

HempKat

Veteran
So you see no connection between the US just the other day giving them another $3.5 billion in money and arms and then they bombed a school using Boeing bombs?

View attachment 19047218

Yeah it's predicated on the fact that the US has unilateral veto power and will protect Israel while they commit heinous crimes against humanity. There are ZERO strings attached to the shit we send them which signals that Israel has the green light to do whatever they want.

You can't claim self defense while stealing and occupying land lol that's not how it works.

lol

Where's that stockpile come from lol. US defense contractors and the $4 billion we give them anually?
Yesh I already indicated the stockpile came from the US giving the foreign aide since they first reestablished Isreal in the 40's. It's not realistic however to hold the person giving the aide accountable for things that happen well after the point in time the aide was given. As for your openning point I seriously doubt that we gave them the latest aide and then they recieved the bombs in just a matter of days and said, "Great now we can bomb some schools, with boeing bombs that just arrived in the mail." Typically it takes several months from when that sort of aide gets passed and when it's recieved. Usually the money comes from the treasury to companies like Boeing, Lockheed, etc. Then they produce the weapons and we send them over. If we send anything quicker then that it still takes months and it comes from our own stockpile and then we replenish our own stockpiles from the money we gave the manufacturers.

As for self defense it's a matter of perspective. From Israel's point of view the land they now occupy was always theirs and they reclaimed it back in the 1940's. It's not like this business currently going on in Gazza resulted from Israel invading the country of Palestine because there was no recognized country of Palestine for them to invade. That's why the people trying to establish peace in the middle east keep talking about a two state solution. So that the Palestinians can have their own land to have sovereignty over. That would then make it where the international courts can enforce things better, with less vetos.

Last edited: