What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If you vanished from the face of the Earth it would continue spinning.

I say stop paying your taxes and let the rest of us take care of it for you.

Hiddenjems

If you vanished from the face of the Earth it would continue spinning.

I say stop paying your taxes and let the rest of us take care of it for you.
I’m just waiting for a good explanation, and you don’t have one.

It’s typical of folks today. If you can’t logically support your ideas they’re religious beliefs.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I will gladly pay taxes for Ukraine defending itself against fascist invaders.

There's more to the world than you and yours.

A good explanation is that you simply don't like how your taxes are spent.

I can't think of anyone who agrees with every way that their taxes are spent.

It's obvious that you understand what taxes are used for.

I think you just wanted to detail your particular dissatisfaction.

Hiddenjems

There's more to the world than you and yours.

A good explanation is that you simply don't like how your taxes are spent.

I can't think of anyone who agrees with every way that their taxes are spent.

It's obvious that you understand what taxes are used for.

I think you just wanted to detail your particular dissatisfaction.
No, I want an explanation of how anyone is obligated to pay without force being used.

Governments are tyrannical by nature. Concentrating power is bad.
Governments are somewhat a necessary evil.
Limiting their size and scope limits the power of the tyranny.

I’m glad you believe in representative democracy enough that Donald trump was your voice to the world for 4 years.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
if i handed a serial killer a gun and a million bucks and he goes out on a killing spree that would make me an accessory to murder.

my position is i will never support or vote for people who should be on trial at the hague. and it's disgusting to see so many turn a blind eye because of the orange man. amoral cowards.
Your position is a bit flawed in that it assumes that the killer will only kill if someone hands them the weapons and money to do the killing. The reality is that a determined serial killer will find a way to commit murder regardless of whether or not someone makes it easy for them to do the killing. I'm fairly certain that if the US cut Israel off completely of all foreign aide, they'll find someone else to give them the necessary money and weapons in trade for something Israel has that the other country wants. Which that is only true if you assume that Israel is incapable of producing their own weapons and raising their own money.

HempKat

Veteran
Except for the obvious “people more powerful than you will punish you” argument, what moral obligation does a person have to give his money to people that don’t share his interests or values?
The same moral obligation as anyone else that earned enough to pay taxes. Tax money doesn't just go towards helping allies in combat. The money we contribute to an ally in combat is a tiny fraction of the total revenue the government raises. Then if you break it down by how much of each individual taxpayr gord toward helping an ally in combat the amount each individual pays is an even much tinier fraction, literall pennies on the dollar. So you don't pay taxes, okay then one half of one bullet doesn't get sent towards the cause.

HempKat

Veteran
No, I want an explanation of how anyone is obligated to pay without force being used.

Governments are tyrannical by nature. Concentrating power is bad.
Governments are somewhat a necessary evil.
Limiting their size and scope limits the power of the tyranny.

I’m glad you believe in representative democracy enough that Donald trump was your voice to the world for 4 years.
Not everyone is obligated. Only pople who made enough income to qualify for paying Income Tax (after you factor in all the deductions and credits. The reason everyone that is obligated has to pay taxes is because taxes go to a lot more then just providing aide to allies in combat. If nobody paid taxes then the country can't operate, they default on their debts and the whole system collapses and nobody is able to make an income. The life you enjoy and that allows you to make an income is all supporting thru funding from taxes. That's why pople are obligated to pay taxes.

HempKat

Veteran
I’m just waiting for a good explanation, and you don’t have one.

It’s typical of folks today. If you can’t logically support your ideas they’re religious beliefs.
So if you pay someone for some service they provide do you believe that gives you the right to dictate how that person spends the money you pay them? Just because you paid your share of taxes doesn't give you ownership of the money to dictate how it gets spent. Once you pay your taxes it's no longer yours, it belongs to the Federal, State or Local government. and they have every right to spend their money how they see fit.

Cannavore

Veteran
Your position is a bit flawed in that it assumes that the killer will only kill if someone hands them the weapons and money to do the killing. The reality is that a determined serial killer will find a way to commit murder regardless of whether or not someone makes it easy for them to do the killing. I'm fairly certain that if the US cut Israel off completely of all foreign aide, they'll find someone else to give them the necessary money and weapons in trade for something Israel has that the other country wants. Which that is only true if you assume that Israel is incapable of producing their own weapons and raising their own money.
Considering they are struggling financially while maintaining their apartheid and genocidal actions while alienating their neighboring countries it probably wouldnt be as easy as the US handing them what they want no string attached.

Either way flawed analogy or not, US tax dollars and arms are responsible for the excess deaths. This isn't really debatable.

Hiddenjems

So if you pay someone for some service they provide do you believe that gives you the right to dictate how that person spends the money you pay them? Just because you paid your share of taxes doesn't give you ownership of the money to dictate how it gets spent. Once you pay your taxes it's no longer yours, it belongs to the Federal, State or Local government. and they have every right to spend their money how they see fit.
What if I don’t want the service, and they threaten me with force to pay? That’s a more realistic view.

Hiddenjems

Considering they are struggling financially while maintaining their apartheid and genocidal actions while alienating their neighboring countries it probably wouldnt be as easy as the US handing them what they want no string attached.

Either way flawed analogy or not, US tax dollars and arms are responsible for the excess deaths. This isn't really debatable.
No, your taxes only build schools for kids and pay for the healthcare of your fellow Americans. Not death by the millions.

HempKat

Veteran

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then becuase I fel it is debatable since ultimately it is the killer who is responsible for the murders he/she commits. Their desire to kill isn't predicated on whatever aide they may get. The major reason the US has been giving Israel money since the late 40's is so they have the means to defend themselves when attacked, which this all started from them being attacked about 10 months ago.

In fact I would be willing to bet for the first few months of their aggression the Israelis were using weapons and munitions from their stockpile and the desire for aide now is to replenish that stockpile as much as anything else. In fact more likely then not they still have enough of that stockpile that if they US cut them off completely from any aide to keep killing people for quite some time yet. I mean it's not like if we cut them off they would suddenly say "Oh well I guess we can't fight anymore?"

HempKat

Veteran
What if I don’t want the service, and they threaten me with force to pay? That’s a more realistic view.
It's not that simple and you well know it, the tax system has never been an ala carte deal where you get to pick and choose what services your taxes go towards. Also the threat of force is rather mellodramatic, it's the law and if you don't pay what you owe then you are subject to it. It's called the rule of law and has been going on even longer then income tax became an obligated thing.

HempKat

Veteran
Like collectivism?
No collectivism has been going on since the foundation of this country. I'm talking about the idea that anyone on this site would automatically be against the government simply because it has yet to fully legalize Cannabis. I mean why else would you be surprised that somebody in a weed site might not be fully antiestablishment?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
u r accepting that prior to the invasion , various gov't in the west... and maybe russia too weren't secretly corresponding between themselves... i don't take what i read or see on tv for shit.... THEY ALL FUKIN LIE .... everyone has an agenda ... one thing is for certain , boeing,douglass,raytheon, etc are not in the least upset there is a war in the ukraine or in gaza... maybe soon in iran....

conspiracy... i'm not smart enough to know... but u , u mite be smart enough