What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

EsterEssence

Veteran
When his picture was taken in his golf cart talking to zelenlskyy he wasn’t wearing his Kotex outdoors but he proudly wore it an the rnc

audiohi

Veteran
literally-no-one-was-kung-fu-fighting-on-the-island-v0-3i8yklkwqvdd1.jpeg

igrowone

Veteran
interesting findings on the would be Trump terminator(Trumpinator)
probably didn't have all that much Trump hate
internet history showed he had browsed other potential targets
simple answer is he just wanted to kill someone highly visible/important
Trump was close by, he was just a handy target

moose eater

Ever seen 'Being There' with Peter Sellers? Chauncy/chancy, the gardener, who ends up a seemingly abandoned gardener at the mansion his mother and maybe grandmother had served at, then one day he wakes up, everything's covered in storage-type sheets over the furniture in the mansion and he has a small black & white television that keeps him company.

Many people take what he says through their own subjective lenses, and the assessments or interpretations vary widely from person to person as to what he's all about.

He ends up President of the US, and his repetitive statement from beginning to end is "I like to watch", clearly relative to his attraction to his television, but which some/many take as a mark of wisdom and patience, or something equally subjective, and a hooker takes as a statement of kinkiness.

Great movie. More and more reflective of a less-than-thoughtful or objective culture.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ever seen 'Being There' with Peter Sellers? Chauncy/chancy, the gardener, who ends up a seemingly abandoned gardener at the mansion his mother and maybe grandmother had served at, then one day he wakes up, everything's covered in storage-type sheets over the furniture in the mansion and he has a small black & white television that keeps him company.

Many people take what he says through their own subjective lenses, and the assessments or interpretations vary widely from person to person as to what he's all about.

He ends up President of the US, and his repetitive statement from beginning to end is "I like to watch", clearly relative to his attraction to his television, but which some/many take as a mark of wisdom and patience, or something equally subjective, and a hooker takes as a statement of kinkiness.

Great movie. More and more reflective of a less-than-thoughtful or objective culture.

great indeed

igrowone

Veteran

remember it well, simple premise but well written and seems to fit well with our moment in time

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yes, he wanted to become infamous while committing suicide by cop/Secret Service. At least that's my guess.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Yes, he wanted to become infamous while committing suicide by cop/Secret Service. At least that's my guess.

He may have been from the future. ;)
After assassinating the President, Amos Otis pleads self-defense and must convince the jury that America was not only under attack by its unhinged ruler -- but that his actions saved the country and the world. The assassin's provocative testimony and ingenious defense turns the proceedings upside down and puts our country on trial. He confronts our political climate head-on while daring the jury to side with a murderer on a suicide mission to save them. No one can tell if he's a mad man, con man or savior of the world. Not even his attorney. This searing, mind-bending political thriller is in the spirit of The Twilight Zone and based on a Pulitzer Prize-nominated play. As one reviewer noted, "If you are wondering how fiction could read like our current reality, this is the story for you."

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
He may have been from the future. ;)

That was going to be my second guess if the first one turned out to be wrong. :biggrin:

On a serious note there is something real fishy about the woman in charge of those secret service agents. They were questioning her in congress today and she was being super evasive about answering what should have ben easy to answer questions. For example Rep Moskowitz asked "Could someone armed with an AR-15 kill lots of people? To which she gave some non committal answer. So Moskowitz kept changing the weapon and assured her it wasn't a trick question but she kept giving evasive answers. Finally he asks could someone armed with a grenade launchr kill lots of people and finally she answered yes. Then he thanked her and yield his time back. All he was doing was trying to see if she was capable of answering truthfully. Her evassiveness just made her look like she had something to hide. Before that he was asking that if someone was found to have failed to do their job would she fire that person and also if it was found that her agents failed to do their jobs would she take responsibility and resign? All of which she refused to giv a straight answer to and that's when he started to ask about the weapons being capable of killing people. I didn't see enough of the question to say for sure anything was her fault but her answers sure made it seem like she was hiding something.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
That was going to be my second guess if the first one turned out to be wrong. :biggrin:

On a serious note there is something real fishy about the woman in charge of those secret service agents. They were questioning her in congress today and she was being super evasive about answering what should have ben easy to answer questions. For example Rep Moskowitz asked "Could someone armed with an AR-15 kill lots of people? To which she gave some non committal answer. So Moskowitz kept changing the weapon and assured her it wasn't a trick question but she kept giving evasive answers. Finally he asks could someone armed with a grenade launchr kill lots of people and finally she answered yes. Then he thanked her and yield his time back. All he was doing was trying to see if she was capable of answering truthfully. Her evassiveness just made her look like she had something to hide. Before that he was asking that if someone was found to have failed to do their job would she fire that person and also if it was found that her agents failed to do their jobs would she take responsibility and resign? All of which she refused to giv a straight answer to and that's when he started to ask about the weapons being capable of killing people. I didn't see enough of the question to say for sure anything was her fault but her answers sure made it seem like she was hiding something.
i watched part of it too, and it was interesting that the dem's were beating her up just as much as the reps... there is no doubt she is a worthless piece of shit, that should have been fired long ago, actually she never have been hired...