What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Veteran
Spent a goodly bit of my youth over in Hong Kong, was there from shortly after the murder of JFK until
the early seventies.
There was much that was admirable about the people I encountered there. The place was still a
mess as a result of WWII when I got there. People spoke and acted as if WWII was still a recent thing.
When I got back to the US, it became obvious to me that there was a problem between our countries.
When I attempted to ask about that, being a kid, people would deflect the subject, in so doing, they
were in fact confirming to me there was some rough history between us going back a few years.
I credit Jack Herer for informing me that the first drug laws in the US were targeted against the
Chinese and that it was done in California with the specific intent to make life here uncomfortable for
the Chinese once the railroads were done using them.
A few years back, I recalled having read of someone who found what they described as a large scale
death scene found near a railroad crossing.
A large number of Chinese bodies were found roughly buried. Rather than an investigation
the man who found the discovery was informed that the deaths were the result of a disease, and was
told that he should stay away from the area as it could still be infected.
That did not sound right to me, so put it under my belt and moved on, but I sure did remember it.

This afternoon I ran across the following:

Have you anything that you can add.
I don't believe that the Frenchman ever went to Tahoe, but I do think that the workers from China may
well have been promised a bonus that they never lived to see, but they sure would not have the
first or only ones to have that happen.

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
As former President Donald Trump wrapped his nearly 75-minute speech on Friday night, he delivered a final pitch to the Christian conservative crowd, saying if they vote for him on Election Day, they would never be obligated to vote again.

"I don't care how, but you have to get out and vote," Trump said at Turning Point Action's Believers Summit in West Palm Beach. "Christians, get out and vote just this time."

"You won't have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It'll be fixed," Trump said.

Latest posts

Latest posts