What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Three Berries

Kinzinger is washed up and will be a has been come November. The Dems redistricted him right out of a job. Not that he would have ever been reelected.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just give Ukraine a Nuke and Russia will think hard about invading. Is Puttin that insecure thinking another country is gonna invade Russia?.. I don't get why he is so afraid of NATO. It's not like NATO could ever invade Russia.

audiohi

Veteran
Kinzinger is washed up and will be a has been come November. The Dems redistricted him right out of a job. Not that he would have ever been reelected.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ocrats/622086/

Republicans Discover the Horror of Gerrymandering
The GOP learns what it’s like to be on the losing side of a redistricting power grab.​

The Democrats who control New York politics had drawn maps that could essentially wipe out half of the GOP’s eight congressional seats in the state before a single vote is cast. “It is wrong, and it is illegal,” Representative Elise Stefanik, the upstate New Yorker who serves as chair of the House Republican Conference, told me last week. She is supporting a lawsuit that Republicans nationally and in New York have filed against the Democratic-drawn map, alleging that it violates a prohibition in the state’s constitution against partisan gerrymandering.

Former President Donald Trump offered his own assessment of the national landscape, complaining in a statement that “Republicans are getting absolutely creamed by all the phony redistricting going on all over the country.”

One might think that the taste of victimhood might cause Republicans to reconsider the nationwide truce that Democrats have offered on gerrymandering. Not so much. “This is an inherently political process, and it always has been,” former Representative John Faso of New York, who now works with the National Republican Redistricting Trust, told me. “It’s just the Democrats are ultimate hypocrites about it because they want to be pure when it’s the Republicans drawing lines, but they’re very quiet about their own impurity when they are drawing the lines.”

Democrats have indeed been quiet about New York’s map, observing the unspoken rule that gerrymandering is to be discussed only by its victims, never by its perpetrators.

The real losers of this year’s gerrymandering arms race might be the voters themselves. In their zeal to protect and expand their political turf, both parties have slashed the number of competitive districts across the country, meaning that millions fewer Americans will have a meaningful say in who represents them in Congress. Even Holder lamented the lack of competition in the map Democrats drew in New York. Yet for Democrats, the broader goal of their redistricting effort was not competitive maps but a fair fight for the House, and in the end, the key to achieving some level of parity with Republicans was not less gerrymandering, but more of it.

Three Berries

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just give Ukraine a Nuke and Russia will think hard about invading. Is Puttin that insecure thinking another country is gonna invade Russia?.. I don't get why he is so afraid of NATO. It's not like NATO could ever invade Russia.

How would you feel if Canada was in talks with Russia to secure a military base? Or Mexico?

Remember 1962? Little thing called the Cuban Missile Crisis?

I get why he doesn't want NATO there.

On another note, if Pence had the authority to overturn the election results and reject the electors from individual states, what's to stop Kamala from doing it in 2024?

Food for thought.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How would you feel if Canada was in talks with Russia to secure a military base? Or Mexico?

On another note, if Pence had the authority to overturn the election results and reject the electors from individual states, what's to stop Kamala from doing it in 2024?

Food for thought.

That's not even a fair comparison/. Ukraine gets to decide the fate of its nation, not Russia. If they want to be part of NATO fine, I have no issues with any country wanting to be part of NATO, including Russia. These nato bases are not American military alone. Every nato country has personnel stationed at these bases. It would still be a Ukrainian NATO base.. No clue why Putin would be scared of that. It's 2022, when will people stop the killing for nothing but BS reasons.

Only paranoid dictators think other countries want to invade.
Russia
China
North Korea

Did I miss any..

As I said give everyone a Nuke.. At least it keeps your nation safe from invasion lol.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Ukraine had nukes until they gained independence. probably a part of the deal with Russia to do so. but did they really give all of them back? i'm not sure that i would have if in their shoes...😑 NATO has zero reason to invade Russia. i can understand Russia not liking being unable to tell the neighbors what to do. i have that problem myself, lol!😃 so does the US govt...

Gry

Veteran

Food for thought.
Pence had the option of certifying the results, had he refused to do so it falls upon the head of the senate to do so.
He was given a difficult choice to make on what some had expected would have been his last day of life.
God bless Mike Pence for having had the moral fortitude to have done the right thing under what must have been incredible duress.
I do believe he will be remembered well by history.

With respect to What Putin is concerned about. He knows his history, which does remind him that his country has been invaded by Europe repeatedly.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That's not even a fair comparison/. Ukraine gets to decide the fate of its nation, not Russia. If they want to be part of NATO fine, I have no issues with any country wanting to be part of NATO, including Russia. These nato bases are not American military alone. Every nato country has personnel stationed at these bases. It would still be a Ukrainian NATO base.. No clue why Putin would be scared of that. It's 2022, when will people stop the killing for nothing but BS reasons.

Only paranoid dictators think other countries want to invade.
Russia
China
North Korea

Did I miss any..

As I said give everyone a Nuke.. At least it keeps your nation safe from invasion lol.

LOL! sort of make China nervous if Russia joined up. Turkey too. lol, poor l'il North Korea...nobody is stupid enough to start a war with any nuclear armed nation. nukes could be considered the ultimate "no trespassing!" sign ever devised. Putin is been there for a while, might want to "retire" & wants to leave in a strong position & retain a grip of sorts. how far would you have to throw a nuclear hand grenade to survive the blast yourself? 🤔😃

Three Berries

NATO is the globalist military arm. It needs to be disbanded. Why protect the EU from Russia when they set up their energy dependence on Russia?

Three Berries

Europe Relies Primarily On Imports To Meet Its Natural Gas Needs

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/eur...ural-gas-needs

2022-02-14_08-33-17.jpg?itok=Tkniz1HR.jpg

2022-02-14_08-32-18.jpg?itok=5pvmTcRz.jpg

Gry

Veteran
Europe Relies Primarily On Imports To Meet Its Natural Gas Needs

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/eur...ural-gas-needs

Back in early seventies I recall this fellow by the name Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzeziński, or Zbig, that addressed such a concept.
Have heard speak of them that which is under the North Seas which the nordic nations use as a hedge for their wealth.
Come to think of it, I have even heard some here propose the concept of building coastal facilities that would be used to transport natural gas to tankersthat would ship it to Europe from here...

Latest posts

Latest posts