What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Veteran
Cool, but not very useful and $92,000 USD? Another way for the wealthy to squander resources.

Reminded me of an era when we had a middle class, and it was still possible for an average joe to be able
to have things like a boat or a plane or a second home.

Gry

Veteran
it's a long book but an excellent read, cryptonomicon by neal stephenson,a fictional account of a search for nazi gold,enigma machines and such
Thank you, sounds provocative and fascinating. The author appears to have an impressive collection of work.

Gry

Veteran
I'm walking through your town in the snow
I'm walking through your town in the snow I've got no place to go –
All the trains are running slow And I'm walking through your town in the snow
It's getting late and all the bars are closed
It's getting late and all the bars are closed
I'm so cold I can't think I could really use a drink And I'm walking through your town in the snow
Don't all these little winter towns all look the same Don't all these little winter towns all look the same
How the freezing winds they blow When the mission doors are cloed
Now I'm walking through your town in the snow I carry my home on my back I carry my home on my back
But the police only frown Every time I lay it down And I'm walking through your town in the snow
There's some fellows jungled up by the yard There's some fellows jungled up by the yard
They're cooking up down the And I've nothing left to share And I'm walking through your town in the snow
Maybe I can rustle up a job Maybe I can rustle up a job But there's nothing I can do
My best working days are through And I'm walking through your town in the snow
Don't ever think I'll find my way back home Don't ever think I'll find my way back home
I can see my golden years Shining through these golden tears And I'm walking through your town in the snow
I'm walking through your town in the snow I'm walking through your town in the snow
I've got no place to go – All the trains are running slow And I'm walking through your town in the snow

Utah Phillips

Gry

Veteran
i suppose that explains a lot of what’s been happening in red states the past few years.

The tragedy being that in many of the East coast areas ephedra is still sold over the counter.
Sacrifice zones have long been a standard here.
The deaths of our own unfortunate mean squat to a well trained me generation.
Profit Uber Alles, a hellish choice, which no one was ever asked to vote on.

h.h.

Veteran
The tragedy being that in many of the East coast areas ephedra is still sold over the counter.
Sacrifice zones have long been a standard here.
The deaths of our own unfortunate mean squat to a well trained me generation.
Profit Uber Alles, a hellish choice, which no one was ever asked to vote on.

“Speed kills” was a message from my youth. Crystal meth distributed by the HA’s in the 80’s and 90’s screwed up a lot of folks. Even 20 years before that, you could pick out the tweakers. The main difference I see today is that it’s coming from Mexico and not the deserts of California.

Gry

Veteran
“Speed kills” was a message from my youth. Crystal meth distributed by the HA’s in the 80’s and 90’s screwed up a lot of folks. Even 20 years before that, you could pick out the tweakers. The main difference I see today is that it’s coming from Mexico and not the deserts of California.

There were in essence 2 different processes, the old style stuff used the traditional process, the new used a much faster
and far more simple procedure. What they produce is vastly different in terms of how it effects people.
The new stuff eats people up more rapidly.

audiohi

Veteran
https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...emo-brown-v-board-of-education-supreme-court/

This Memo From Former Chief Justice William Rehnquist Is Incredibly Damning
It suggests the ex-jefe opposed Brown v. Board of Education as a Supreme Court clerk—and may have lied about it in his confirmation hearings.​

This is an utterly amazing bit of utterly revolting history. A man who was chief justice of the Supreme Court for 19 years, the fourth-longest tenure in that chair in the country’s history, stands arraigned as a segregationist and, quite possibly, as a recidivist perjurer before Congress. As one of his last major acts in that capacity, he guided the Court to one of the most egregiously political acts that it ever took, essentially picking the winner in a presidential race and scattering decades of precedent in its wake.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
There were in essence 2 different processes, the old style stuff used the traditional process, the new used a much faster
and far more simple procedure. What they produce is vastly different in terms of how it effects people.
The new stuff eats people up more rapidly.

yeah, the "hog meth" the biker gangs were selling was actually pretty good shit, had some thought behind it. hell, they were doing it too! this home-made shit now, made out of battery acid & other crap, is nothing i would put in my body.

h.h.

Veteran
I’m certainly not calling for genocide against anybody. That’s just political nonsense and fake outrage being used by a right wing zealot trying to censor an opposing voice.
By all rights Germany should have been divided amongst the Jewish citizens. They should never have been settled on Palestine territory. Germany lost world wars of their making. Not once, but twice. They lost their right to call themselves a country. They exist only through charity and a world wide prejudice against the Jews.