What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

h.h.

Veteran
White Settlers Wiped Miles of Cherokee Trails Off the Map. This Man Is Reclaiming Them.

These routes once snaked through the towering woods of Appalachia, before they were lost to history. Lamar Marshall has spent a decade painstakingly mapping them, and their rich history.
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...n-is-reclaiming-them?utm_source=pocket-newtab

3% wanna be Indian land surveyor with a hundred acres of “no trespassing “ signs talking about how the natives were unfairly pushed off of their land. We’re so wrapped up in society, we don’t smell our own shit.

Cannavore

Veteran
here's a documentary for some friday night viewing lol

gore vidal the american presidency

i remember reading this 100 page book 20yrs ago

Gry

Veteran
Don’t believe corporate America’s “labor shortage” bullshit. This is an unofficial general strike.

https://robertreich.org/post/665759539648413696
Strong content

Corporate America is trying to frame this as a “labor shortage.”

But what’s really happening is more accurately described as a living-wage shortage, a hazard pay shortage, a childcare shortage, a paid sick leave shortage, and a health care shortage.

Unless these shortages are rectified, this unofficial general strike will continue.
Salute !

Gry

Veteran
Keep a bolt on string hanging near by as a quick earthquake detector.
Just had a small one, the bolt is not bouncing, but it is swaying real well as if
there were a strong breeze.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Keep a bolt on string hanging near by as a quick earthquake detector.
Just had a small one, the bolt is not bouncing, but it is swaying real well as if
there were a strong breeze.

That's what I use for a hurricane detector, Gry. When the string is parallel to the ground there is a Cat 5 outside.
;)
I have never experienced an earthquake. I have heard it can be a terrifying experience.

h.h.

Veteran
That's what I use for a hurricane detector, Gry. When the string is parallel to the ground there is a Cat 5 outside.
;)
I have never experienced an earthquake. I have heard it can be a terrifying experience.

Earthquakes are fun when you have good building codes.

Gry

Veteran
;)

Qualifies as one of those things best experienced vicariously.