What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Qualifies as one of those things best experienced vicariously.

had an earthquake hit here years ago when i was young, shook the whole house. (scary) rode out a hurricane in Daytona not long after that. (fun as hell for a teenager) had 3 different tornadoes come thru the MGT area in 'bama where we were turkey hunting, one bounced right over the concrete outhouse we were sheltering in. they twisted 3 foot thick diameter oak trees off about ten ' off the ground and tossed them like pick-up sticks... VERY impressive! the lightning as the storm approached was unlike anything i have ever seen, sci-fit or reality. i'd try that again...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They should build a massive base station on the moon, with sublevels. The billionaires can afford it.

Cannavore

Veteran
Name one benefit of there being a space station orbiting overhead. What "science" breakthrough has been made? Musk's space toilet with a view?

everything that went into building it and keeping the astronauts alive is extrapolated into consumer side goods - memory foam, freeze dried food technology, scratch resistant lenses, all sorts of shit.

Gry

Veteran
Flower.jpg
DoD.jpg
Fly.jpg

Attachments

• Fly.jpg
    Fly.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 24

h.h.

Veteran
everything that went into building it and keeping the astronauts alive is extrapolated into consumer side goods - memory foam, freeze dried food technology, scratch resistant lenses, all sorts of shit.

We would have all that anyway, plus would have saved a shitload of cash.

Gry

Veteran
To the best of my knowledge, the high ground has always been contested,
I do not expect that will change in the near future.

I expect it will be obvious in the near future that we do intend to
make it obvious that we intend to keep such to ourselves, and that it
does not belong to " everyone".

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the technology resulting from research needed / required to get there and stay alive alone will continue to be beneficial, not to mention the things learned from that platform. nope, might not make bank immediately from what we learn today, but information almost always turns out to be useful. even mistakes are steps forward in knowledge. really short-sighted to not realize this.

Gry

Veteran
Early Christians Might Have Been High on Hallucinogenic Communion Wine

In the new book "The Immortality Key", archaeology sleuth Brian Muraresku suggests that religious wine might have been spike

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgqe...hallucinogenic

https://www.amazon.com/Immortality-K.../dp/B0818QJHKF

The Immortality Key reconstructs the suppressed history of women consecrating a forbidden, drugged Eucharist that was later banned by the Church Fathers. Women who were then targeted as witches during the Inquisition, when Europe’s sacred pharmacology largely disappeared. If the scientists of today have resurrected this technology, then Christianity is in crisis. Unless it returns to its roots.