What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

CharlesU Farley

Who cares about Thai weed than American people...Thai stick was not strain it was way of selling weed to US Army by Thai people during the Viet war...wtf
Yowza, not even going to comment on most of that, especially in this thread. :)

Here's a quote from my website, that stands on its own:

"I wouldn't sell cannabis, I wasn’t going to prison.

Because of my association and friendship with those who did import, I had access to some of the best quality, non-compressed, rapidly transported cannabis available in Miami during the late 60’s and 70’s. I introduced a couple of Italians and a Jewish guy to some surfers, who knew the Cubans, who brought it in for the Coptics and a very friendly relationship developed. They kept Bayside and Howard Beach supplied for quite a while and appreciated the intros, so anytime I needed to score, it was quite easy.

Visited Sebastian Inlet with them one time when they were just surfing and met some very interesting people. One guy said he moved a lot of the Coptic’s stuff up in Gainesville, called it Gainesville Green. Said he used to run PBR's in The Delta, I thought he was talking about Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. I had no idea what that meant until I saw Apocalypse Now many years later. I remember him taking a big hit, exhaling, and saying, “Thai sticks ain’t got shit on this”.

I believed him."

@GainesvilleGreen, you should get a kick out of this.;)

Knop

one of the most knowledgeable haze experts, @MadMac
has both strains. beautiful plants!
original haze by Golly, seedsman, skunkman
positronic haze, tom hill
how do they compare @MadMac , who wins? what are the best phenotypes?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Screenshot_20240825_100632_Photos~2.jpg

It comes in many varieties. The “catadores, “or crop tasters, report that although Santa Marta Gold is still the most famous of the Colombian line, the Arhuaco Indians in the higher altitudes are growing an even more potent variety of pot: Mona (blond) plants so pale that they look bleached. The Cielo Azul heights produce a pale plant known as Blue Sky Blond, developed as a hybrid two years ago with seeds from Thailand.Times Magazine The Colombian connection 1979

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
After you saw my last Tour pictures do you think one of them can be near the Thai Stick?
Have many different seeds collected.
All them to grow is impossible.
More.
Have many more seeds from Laos and Cambodia.
What schoud I do to find somebody to grow them?
Many are south-asian hermy!
But real!
Have a good idea?
Seeds from me allways free.
Yes im sure some could be similar, the same mmm could be a stretch but similarities sure man..
You should grow those seeds and find the best out of them, the chase is half the fun mate..

GrandpaMillenial

There definitely seems to be a preference towards the green phenos over purple. As with most landraces ive researched

The purple one was strong, and some of my buddies that love their indica’s really liked it, but its just not gonna be a part of my personal haze collection going forward.

IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

maybe i should work these in with my cambodian flo cross?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Sounds like you never smoked thai weed from back then and you are jealous or something so you come up with this bullshit to try and get under our skins,
Nice try but you are full of it mate and talking out of your ass
Go back to your Jack herer and leave the adults to talk about the real stuff,
theres a good fella run along now..
How old were you when you 1st smoke some old Thai weed from 70s what was your tolerance these days ???

Tell me if you know something in your life rather than be Thai Stick expert...are there any comunity in Thailand that have been experimenting with weed and psydelics ?

And now compare Indian tribes and tribes from South America...
Dont be funny man Thai weed was rubish why you US people dont talk about Vietnam weed,Vietnam was much more popular weed than Thailand...anyway its not some eveidence when teenager surfers talk about some Thai weed its flucking story. During the Vietnam war Thailand was safe place for US army and they smoke some weed,drink some booze and fluck local ladyies just like every army in every war did.
Weed that was grown in Thailand is US breed weed that was sold in US to cover costs of Vietnam war....

Anyway I know I destroy your illusion but its much more truth than those surfers stories...anyway have a nice day....weed exprerts.

Last edited by a moderator:

LostTribe

Premium user
How old were you when you 1st smoke some old Thai weed from 70s what was your tolerance these days ???

Tell me if you know something in your life rather than be Thai Stick expert...are there any comunity in Thailand that have been experimenting with weed and psydelics ?

Dont be funny man Thai weed was rubish why you US people dont talk about Vietnam weed,Vietnam was much more popular weed than Thailand...anyway its not some eveidence when teenager surfers talk about some Thai weed its flucking story. During the Vietnam war Thailand was safe place for US army and they smoke some weed,drink some booze and fluck local ladyies just like every army in every war did.
Weed that was grown in Thailand is US breed weed that was sold in US to cover costs of Vietnam war....

Anyway I know I destroy your illusion but its much more truth than those surfers stories...anyway have a nice day....weed exprerts.
You should not compare anything you have not personally visited. Otherwise is compete nonsense.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

FYI @Donald Mallard is from Oz, not US.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

That's some of the most clueless bullshit on Thai sticks I've ever read.

How old are you and when did you smoke Thai sticks?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Mate bugger off im not going to bother even replying and if u quote me again I'll report you for trolling,
Go away fool, any further posts will be deleted but I'll leave this here so everyone can see what a tosser and looser you are if they didn't already know..

I Care

Oh I was going to respond to what was being said about Thai must have been lower quality than Vietnam because it was prohibited in Thailand. I’ll tell you some shit, better weed was coming from Florida than I ever saw some shit coming form cali. Place is still a prohibition state and all the garbage weed is grown elsewhere. When you’re dealing with prohibition, youre not going down for growing schwag @CannaT

edited: my language is so American and vulgar since a neck injury

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

This is not my default mode guys. But chances are real slim I'll sit around and have the likes of you defile my god damn name.
Ain't gonna defile your name, never heard of you until I searched "Vic High" on this forum several months ago, when I first started to actually participate in this forum.

You gave him respect, so I researched your nym to find out more. Didn't find much except for this thread. You seem to be fairly well respected for the work you've done:

I've been involved in multiple threads regarding fucking with the sexuality of cannabis and it got me wondering... have _you_ ever chemically fucked with the sexuality of cannabis? If you have, did you subsequently sell those seeds? See my queston here:

I'm trying to find at least _one_ well known cannabis developer (I refuse to use the term breeder) who _doesn't_ fuck with the sexuality of cannabis with chemicals and/or stress, more than a Tenderloin District tranny doctor dishing out testosterone and estrogen without looking at genitalia. ;)

You are supposed to be an honest motherfucker, care to give answer?

CharlesU Farley

Speaking of legends, anyone been around this biz long enough to remember Jock and his hilarious way of hiding seeds shipped from the Dam? You got your seeds, but only when Jock was damn ready to ship them. Front of the card was a hoot! Now THOSE were the dayz. We were a large group of stoners ordering seeds from the Dam, communicating via encrpted chain linked servers, using PGP for private emails.

This was my order, hidden inside a foam greeting card. If memory serves this old pHart, this was in the mid to late 90's. I did order Positronics Haze. Whether I received the read deal, hoo nose?

Front of the card. Notice the tear.

View attachment 18851042
Back of the card:

View attachment 18851043

View attachment 18851044

What was ordered/received hidden in a foam channel. I played hell finding the seeds.

Uncle Ben
Hey @Old Uncle Ben,

You are one of the _very_ few on this forum who I _know_ will answer my question frankly, honestly and not worry about the bullshit people will post about you for you opinions. :)

Other than the scant remains of what he has posted on this forum, give me the lowdown and your opinion of Tom Hill. I've never smoked or grew Haze, only heard about it on the BCGA forum from OT1 when you were Ben Dejo instead of Kip. <vbseg>

Researching NL on the Mr. Nice forum after I reverse engineered it, he had _very_ intelligent disagreements with Nevil. I don't think he was active on BCGA but he has respect for Vic High... and I remember you had disagreements with him, as did I, especially about Blueberry. :eek:

But I learned more about cannabis development from him than anyone else on the "Internet".

As you know, I was absent from cannabis fora from the Patriot Act until ~2012, so I'm totally ignorant about what went on during that time frame. Even when I started "visiting" cannabis websites after 2012, it was only for technical, lighting and tent info... not seed Haze availability. 🤣

Educate me and cure my ignorance about Tom Hill and your general thoughts on Haze, vis a vie Sam vs. Nevil, did TH improve it from Positronics, etc.. ;)

Take care,

Charlie

Old Uncle Ben

Hey @Old Uncle Ben,

You are one of the _very_ few on this forum who I _know_ will answer my question frankly, honestly and not worry about the bullshit people will post about you for you opinions. :)

Other than the scant remains of what he has posted on this forum, give me the lowdown and your opinion of Tom Hill. I've never smoked or grew Haze, only heard about it on the BCGA forum from OT1 when you were Ben Dejo instead of Kip. <vbseg>

Researching NL on the Mr. Nice forum after I reverse engineered it, he had _very_ intelligent disagreements with Nevil. I don't think he was active on BCGA but he has respect for Vic High... and I remember you had disagreements with him, as did I, especially about Blueberry. :eek:

But I learned more about cannabis development from him than anyone else on the "Internet".

As you know, I was absent from cannabis fora from the Patriot Act until ~2012, so I'm totally ignorant about what went on during that time frame. Even when I started "visiting" cannabis websites after 2012, it was only for technical, lighting and tent info... not seed Haze availability. 🤣

Educate me and cure my ignorance about Tom Hill and your general thoughts on Haze, vis a vie Sam vs. Nevil, did TH improve it from Positronics, etc.. ;)

Take care,

Charlie
Sorry, don't know anything about Tom Hill regarding his Haze. I grew out "his" Monkey Balls, a Deep Chunk pure indica backcross recently and it was really good. He got banned from here less than a year ago FWIW.

I have a ditty from Genefinder of The Flying Dutchman regarding their "green Haze" and correspondence from Sam the Skunkman himself on another computer. Will post it tomorrow if interested. I still have 2 TFD Original Haze beans in the fridge. Genefinder responded that indeed they had the original Haze cross - Acapulco Gold X Colombian Gold X (S. Indian X Thai).

My personal take on Haze and whatever the hell the genetics are these days....is, it's a bunch of forum and seedbank marketing hype, another legend and a crap shoot. If someone gets some good sativa smoke from their faves that had that sativa look, good on them.

I'd look at some of the other choices, maybe landraces like Real Seeds Burmese, Lao Sa, Highland Thai, Champasak, etc. or highly worked Ace crosses like Golden Tiger X Panama or Panama X Malawi, both of which I have. Kicker is the damn hermies regarding Asian genetics.

I have 2 GT X Panama going now in fact. They're outdoors, natural light. Am hoping the photoperiod now and until late Nov. works out.

Best,
Tio