What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ain't gonna defile your name, never heard of you until I searched "Vic High" on this forum several months ago, when I first started to actually participate in this forum.

You gave him respect, so I researched your nym to find out more. Didn't find much except for this thread. You seem to be fairly well respected for the work you've done:

I've been involved in multiple threads regarding fucking with the sexuality of cannabis and it got me wondering... have _you_ ever chemically fucked with the sexuality of cannabis? If you have, did you subsequently sell those seeds? See my queston here:

I'm trying to find at least _one_ well known cannabis developer (I refuse to use the term breeder) who _doesn't_ fuck with the sexuality of cannabis with chemicals and/or stress, more than a Tenderloin District tranny doctor dishing out testosterone and estrogen without looking at genitalia. ;)

You are supposed to be an honest motherfucker, care to give answer?
Tom is the reason I reverse plants.

"With zero doubt in my mind I can tell you that you will make overwhelmingly more genetic progress by using pollen donors of known phenotypic worth (reversed females) than by using pollen from the same number of individuals of unknown phenotypic worth (males) with regards to the matter at hand (drug type cannabis)."

sdd420

Veteran
Hey @Old Uncle Ben,

You are one of the _very_ few on this forum who I _know_ will answer my question frankly, honestly and not worry about the bullshit people will post about you for you opinions. :)

Other than the scant remains of what he has posted on this forum, give me the lowdown and your opinion of Tom Hill. I've never smoked or grew Haze, only heard about it on the BCGA forum from OT1 when you were Ben Dejo instead of Kip. <vbseg>

Researching NL on the Mr. Nice forum after I reverse engineered it, he had _very_ intelligent disagreements with Nevil. I don't think he was active on BCGA but he has respect for Vic High... and I remember you had disagreements with him, as did I, especially about Blueberry. :eek:

But I learned more about cannabis development from him than anyone else on the "Internet".

As you know, I was absent from cannabis fora from the Patriot Act until ~2012, so I'm totally ignorant about what went on during that time frame. Even when I started "visiting" cannabis websites after 2012, it was only for technical, lighting and tent info... not seed Haze availability. 🤣

Educate me and cure my ignorance about Tom Hill and your general thoughts on Haze, vis a vie Sam vs. Nevil, did TH improve it from Positronics, etc.. ;)

Take care,

Charlie
Dude you should be able to find some of Tom’s old threads. He was one of the first to show how to grow big plants, and is well known in Humboldt and Mendo. His Deep Chunk and his Haze are classic strains still today. An original OG

CharlesU Farley

Dude you should be able to find some of Tom’s old threads. He was one of the first to show how to grow big plants, and is well known in Humboldt and Mendo. His Deep Chunk and his Haze are classic strains still today. An original OG
Do a search here on ICM and you'll come up with this thread and I think a thread about tanks or something like that. Signal to noise ratio on IG and the rest of social media is something I won't deal with.

_Dude_, I fucking trust UB.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Sorry, don't know anything about Tom Hill regarding his Haze. I grew out "his" Monkey Balls, a Deep Chunk pure indica backcross recently and it was really good. He got banned from here less than a year ago FWIW.

I have a ditty from Genefinder of The Flying Dutchman regarding their "green Haze" and correspondence from Sam the Skunkman himself on another computer. Will post it tomorrow if interested. I still have 2 TFD Original Haze beans in the fridge. Genefinder responded that indeed they had the original Haze cross - Acapulco Gold X Colombian Gold X (S. Indian X Thai).

My personal take on Haze and whatever the hell the genetics are these days....is, it's a bunch of forum and seedbank marketing hype, another legend and a crap shoot. If someone gets some good sativa smoke from their faves that had that sativa look, good on them.

I'd look at some of the other choices, maybe landraces like Real Seeds Burmese, Lao Sa, Highland Thai, Champasak, etc. or highly worked Ace crosses like Golden Tiger X Panama or Panama X Malawi, both of which I have. Kicker is the damn hermies regarding Asian genetics.

I have 2 GT X Panama going now in fact. They're outdoors, natural light. Am hoping the photoperiod now and until late Nov. works out.

Best,
Tio
Thanks!

CharlesU Farley

Sorry, don't know anything about Tom Hill regarding his Haze. I grew out "his" Monkey Balls, a Deep Chunk pure indica backcross recently and it was really good. He got banned from here less than a year ago FWIW.

I have a ditty from Genefinder of The Flying Dutchman regarding their "green Haze" and correspondence from Sam the Skunkman himself on another computer. Will post it tomorrow if interested. I still have 2 TFD Original Haze beans in the fridge. Genefinder responded that indeed they had the original Haze cross - Acapulco Gold X Colombian Gold X (S. Indian X Thai).

My personal take on Haze and whatever the hell the genetics are these days....is, it's a bunch of forum and seedbank marketing hype, another legend and a crap shoot. If someone gets some good sativa smoke from their faves that had that sativa look, good on them.

I'd look at some of the other choices, maybe landraces like Real Seeds Burmese, Lao Sa, Highland Thai, Champasak, etc. or highly worked Ace crosses like Golden Tiger X Panama or Panama X Malawi, both of which I have. Kicker is the damn hermies regarding Asian genetics.

I have 2 GT X Panama going now in fact. They're outdoors, natural light. Am hoping the photoperiod now and until late Nov. works out.

Best,
Tio
I know Gypsy is running some NL / Malawi on a balcony grow that looks pretty good. ACE is another developer that seems to have a good rep around here.

I'm not much for landraces, I want cannabis that has been worked and developed by humans who want to get high or be able to sleep. ;)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm not much for landraces, I want cannabis that has been worked and developed by humans who want to get high or be able to sleep. ;)
Landrace have been worked and developed by humans, just within a region rather than hybridised with cannabis from other regions. A lot of people think landrace are just wild cannabis but that isn't what landrace is at all.

Knop

Best,
Tio
where did you get the monkey balls?

Dime

Landrace have been worked and developed by humans, just within a region rather than hybridised with cannabis from other regions. A lot of people think landrace are just wild cannabis but that isn't what landrace is at all.
Perhaps wildflower would be a more accurate term to describe plants left alone.

CharlesU Farley

I totally admit my ignorance with land races. In another thread where I asked what the big deal was with land races, somebody told me that they wanted cannabis that hadn't already been fucked up by other people. 😂

That made sense to me. 🧠

I just took it for granted it was wild cannabis, growing without human intervention.

Thanks for the clarification!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree … I wish some of those old threads could be found. Everybody else was doing 1 pound > one plant threads …he did a 10 pound >>> one plant thread …lol

Knop

1050 liters black gold potting
112 liters chicken manure
112 liters perlite
22kg bone meal
9kg Gypsum

Attachments

• tom.png
    tom.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Zomboy

Veteran
I know Gypsy is running some NL / Malawi on a balcony grow that looks pretty good. ACE is another developer that seems to have a good rep around here.

Aces Panama is past F10 I believe so some of their stuff are def worked lines

Latest posts

Latest posts