What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
gallery_22940_10427_924195~3.jpg

Dry bud from a 40 year old cutting of Ohz x Sk#1.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Surely others will be better than me at explaining it...

Nevil haze is basically a hybrid(Nl5 x haze) x haze) some rare pheno are psychedelic etc but it remains a hybrid;

Ot1haze is a different thing, there are many schools of thought here, however it comes from another area of California, it is not related to Sam's and is more wild / jungle, and requires a little more effort to be grown;

Tom Hill Haze comes from the most Thai dom of the group, it is the only one that still has the purple pheno, it comes from the positronic stock and therefore from Sam;

Tfd /seedsman all come from Sam's stock, obviously each seedbank /breeder has selected it differently, more towards the Colombian side...

There are many lines of thought, and everyone has their own preferences, being a THH thread here that is appreciated more, however apart from ot1haze, the others come from Sam /haze brothers...

Salva

Nevil haze is basically a hybrid(Nl5 x haze) x haze) some rare pheno are psychedelic etc but it remains a hybrid;

Ot1haze is a different thing, there are many schools of thought here, however it comes from another area of California, it is not related to Sam's and is more wild / jungle, and requires a little more effort to be grown;

Tom Hill Haze comes from the most Thai dom of the group, it is the only one that still has the purple pheno, it comes from the positronic stock and therefore from Sam;

Tfd /seedsman all come from Sam's stock, obviously each seedbank /breeder has selected it differently, more towards the Colombian side...

There are many lines of thought, and everyone has their own preferences, being a THH thread here that is appreciated more, however apart from ot1haze, the others come from Sam /haze brothers...
La OT1 también tiene fenotipo morado

Salva

La OT1 podría ser una línea primera de la Haze Original o alguna paralela del lado colombiano según dijo el hombre británico.

CharlesU Farley

That's _exactly_ the info I was looking for, thank you. (and)

A couple more questions, of course. :rolleyes: Is one any easier to grow than the other? Similar fertilizer and watering requirements? How are the yields of the various varieties? Ordinarily I don't give a shit about yield but I seem to remember somebody mentioning something about "... 10 lbs of buds coming from _one_ TH plant".

Even outdoors, that seems to be an excessive yield for Type I/Sativa, unless a lot of the buds were mids/larf.

How about stability? Any one line more stable and/or less prone to throwing nanners? I'll dig through the BCGA archive to get a bit more developmental info from OT1s posts but in my first run through of the info, there wasn't a whole lot of specific growing/developmental information. Nevil's I've got a _very_ good handle on the history but little knowledge of what it's like to actually grow his version.

I know he certainly liked to smoke it!😂

Again, thanks for the info!

elchischas

Veteran
All right all you Hz experts, educate the dinosaur.

Compare and contrast Sam's original Hz with Neville's variation of it, with OT1's variation of it, with _TH's_ variation of it. Why do a lot of people on this forum have a hard-on for TH's variation and not OT1's or Nevil's? Is it just because it's been actively _worked_ recently, while the others have not? What makes the different types of this varietal different/special?

I know a little bit about each one of these variations to be dangerous. :eek:
Compare and contrast growing, cultivating, and then developing it, what it's physical characteristics were, fertilizer requirements, flowering time, etc.

I don't give a shit about all the esoteric smells, how psychedelic, trippy or upbeat the high is, etc. That shit is highly subjective, very dependent on the individual and their life experiences, and is not easily communicated in an objective manner. ;)

My definition of psychedelic is obviously quite different than most participants here on this thread:rolleyes:, so please stick to physical and phenotypical characteristics, what you did right/wrong, what you would do differently the next time around, etc. :)

Educate the dinosaur!!!!
OT isn't Haze.

Knop

That's _exactly_ the info I was looking for, thank you. (and)

A couple more questions, of course. :rolleyes: Is one any easier to grow than the other? Similar fertilizer and watering requirements? How are the yields of the various varieties? Ordinarily I don't give a shit about yield but I seem to remember somebody mentioning something about "... 10 lbs of buds coming from _one_ TH plant".

Even outdoors, that seems to be an excessive yield for Type I/Sativa, unless a lot of the buds were mids/larf.

How about stability? Any one line more stable and/or less prone to throwing nanners? I'll dig through the BCGA archive to get a bit more developmental info from OT1s posts but in my first run through of the info, there wasn't a whole lot of specific growing/developmental information. Nevil's I've got a _very_ good handle on the history but little knowledge of what it's like to actually grow his version.

I know he certainly liked to smoke it!😂

Again, thanks for the info!
I don't know where thh yields 10lb on the billboard. the plants he grew that yielded 10lb on the billboard from what I read were sour diesel. no thh pure haze, I don't know if it produces this, only if it's Dutch haze