What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Old Uncle Ben

Stuff is amazing; a pallet (one ton, 50, 40# bags) delivered is Money extremely well spent for us tiny farmers & will last many, many years; I can’t recommend it enough
Only micro it has (which is not chelated) is Fe. Recommend you supplement. If you're in the states Keyplex 350DP is hard to beat.

Good luck

led05

Chasing The Present
Only micro it has (which is not chelated) is Fe. Recommend you supplement. If you're in the states Keyplex 350DP is hard to beat.

Good luck
Thanks for recommending; Keyplex 350 has organic version too I believe, that said….

We live on Silty loam high in clay & shale, on top limestone quarry & shalllow pan, it’s all good the chelates are preferred @ here & micros are a plenty in our native (Honeoye Loam) to begin with; every handful of years I may till in some Sea-90 but have only done it twice in past decade plus….

REMARKS: The more gently sloping Honeoye soils are among the most productive upland soils in New York State. The Honeoye series has been unofficially recognized as the state soil of New York.”

Hard to get a better organic product at its price point, especially one that stores as well as it does & jammed packed w the goods, I especially appreciate the 9% Ca and the 10:1 Ca-Mg ratio, too much Mg in nearly everything imo and Ca is king, after all ;)

IMG_2099.jpeg

Nothing but water all grow after I mix in the above either late fall or early spring

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2069.jpeg

^^ over 9 feet tall and 14 foot diameter; for upstate NY that’s a good sized plant, now let’s see if I can get this bitch to finish - come on ma nature & don’t hit me with our average 200+ inches of snow early this year :)

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

IMG_0607.jpeg

Last edited:

FellaAndrene

Good to see you too ❤️ yes it was a long time ago, too bad that all we have left are some crosses made with a couple THH females and no idea what the male was and most of the old stuff is unlabeled (not by me) anyway so it's an adventure to grow any of the old stuff I have. So. If anyone has any idea where to find a decent version of haze please let me know. 😅
Hi there John. I believe we reside in the same country - mad props to you for paving the way!

I recommend checking out the selection from Hyp3rids a.k.a. @chewiesmoke

Original Dampkring Genetics sells the Isaac Haze they did with @Yo Sammy

If you are alright with ordering from the US - the Food Authority has said that seeds are OK when they are "collectibles" - Todd McCormick's AG Seed Co has the Original Haze (from Sam Skunkman's collection).

And Top Dawg Genetics has some nice stuff, too. Cuban Black Haze hybrids, etc. (You just have to email them.)

Old Uncle Ben

Thanks for recommending; Keyplex 350 has organic version too I believe, that said….

We live on Silty loam high in clay & shale, on top limestone quarry & shalllow pan, it’s all good the chelates are preferred @ here & micros are a plenty in our native (Honeoye Loam) to begin with; every handful of years I may till in some Sea-90 but have only done it twice in past decade plus….

REMARKS: The more gently sloping Honeoye soils are among the most productive upland soils in New York State. The Honeoye series has been unofficially recognized as the state soil of New York.”

Hard to get a better organic product at its price point, especially one that stores as well as it does & jammed packed w the goods, I especially appreciate the 9% Ca and the 10:1 Ca-Mg ratio, too much Mg in nearly everything imo and Ca is king, after all ;)

View attachment 19059456

Nothing but water all grow after I mix in the above either late fall or early spring

View attachment 19059458

View attachment 19059459

^^ over 9 feet tall and 14 foot diameter; for upstate NY that’s a good sized plant, now let’s see if I can get this bitch to finish - come on ma nature & don’t hit me with our average 200+ inches of snow early this year :)

View attachment 19059460

View attachment 19059461

View attachment 19059462
Beautiful plants and pix!

RobFromTX

I'm certainly not trying to start anything here... but you do tend to stir the pot a bit, I have noticed.

I try to at least stick close to the golden rule; if ya ain't got nothin nice to say... and all that. Sometimes it's tough, or even impossible, but I think if people just tried they'd find most of the time it's better to just say something (anything) vaguely positive and move on. I'm not innocent by any means. I have done my share of pot stirring, just never here.
I dont feel like i was stirring anything at all but i get the point youre making. I just wanted to understand what he was saying, and i can do that now(y)

Old Uncle Ben

I dont feel like i was stirring anything at all but i get the point youre making. I just wanted to understand what he was saying, and i can do that now(y)

You weren't stirring anything, don't worry about it. Here's what Sam wrote which I articulated before, posting my email reply from TFD's "Genefinder" aka Sjoerd. Sam and TFD were on the same page regarding IT not having much potency unless bred out. (Now, that makes a lot of frickin' sense.) I also said the TFD O. Haze I grew out was uneventful and I grew out 8 of the 11. The high was meh and not what I'd spend my money or time on again if given the choice and probably why I still have 3 beaners in the fridge.

Sam:
"I do not know what any seed seller sells, ask them if it is my varieties or if I made the seeds.
Remember I suggest real Original Haze for breeding, not commercial crops, you may be lucky and find a real keeper for production, but the odds are low. Just try and cross the best you find X your favorite varieties, and you will find lots of keepers."

Now what doesn't make sense is you would think if the Haze inherently had some decent THC levels that it would be a decent prospective parent. IOW, if it was a nice THC profile I was after in my breeding drills then I would ONLY choose parents that had good potency traits to begin with hoping that genotype would transfer to its progeny. That's a no brainer. https://www.icmag.com/threads/question-for-sam-the-skunkman-on-the-original-haze.77798/

Having said that I did some crosses with a male O. Haze grown indoors around year 2000 - H X C99, H X Peak19 and others. Here's a male:

HazeMale.jpg

Haze X C99 buds under pure HPS, 11 weeks flowering. Both parents were originals - TFD and Bros. Grimm.

HX99Buds11Wks.jpg

HXC99Bud@11Wks.jpg

HazePackPic.jpg

Best,
Uncle Ben

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
We are in the renaissance of cannabis NOW, just need to poke @ and stay away from banks AND be willing to put in some work :)

I’ve never smoked cookies nor a derivative in my life, that’s unlikely to change
I did, and it's not that bad, of course it's a hybrid and it smokes like a hybrid, you have to take it for what it is...
I've been a weed taliban for a long time, with maturity you see things differently, I love sativas as you well know, I like to grow them, I like to smoke them, but two hits of afghanis don't disgust me...
I think a lot of people grow or smoke a strain (be it Cookies or Haze, how many landrace nerd on web??) more for trend than for the effect, everywhere, even in Thailand;and let's not forget that even in Thailand (or Jamaica, or Mexico) people have the right to smoke whatever they want...

A part this poema....
Botanically speaking, a kush and a THH pollute the gene pool of a landrace equally... however, a kush will behave like an autoflower at those latitudes, and when the males open the Thai females will still be growing, while the hazes are ripe at the perfect time to make trouble (and pollen flies...)

Amen LOL

Wolverine97

Veteran
I did, and it's not that bad, of course it's a hybrid and it smokes like a hybrid, you have to take it for what it is...
I've been a weed taliban for a long time, with maturity you see things differently, I love sativas as you well know, I like to grow them, I like to smoke them, but two hits of afghanis don't disgust me...
I think a lot of people grow or smoke a strain (be it Cookies or Haze, how many landrace nerd on web??) more for trend than for the effect, everywhere, even in Thailand;and let's not forget that even in Thailand (or Jamaica, or Mexico) people have the right to smoke whatever they want...

A part this poema....
Botanically speaking, a kush and a THH pollute the gene pool of a landrace equally... however, a kush will behave like an autoflower at those latitudes, and when the males open the Thai females will still be growing, while the hazes are ripe at the perfect time to make trouble (and pollen flies...)

Amen LOL
Yeah. That's what happened to Jamaica. Now everything (well, most everything) there flowers before it's even a foot tall. Very hard to find anything resembling the old NLD lines there these days.

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
I don't care how dank kush cookie cakes the modern strains are, I grow and enjoy them but damn, having no access for my loved hazes and other sativas for years and now smoking even the smalls I have from the THH mystery crosses from the country farm... goddamn these are powerful. Missed all this so bad over the years and now theres some hope.. I could cry. And will. I just love these haze plants. ❤️

Latest posts

Latest posts