What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

bigherb

Veteran
I spoke to Tom, and I will be buying 100 seeds from him and sending them directly to Thailand, for prempavee. prempavee accepted it as a gift, they were willing to cultivate haze on their farms, some Thais supposedly introduced skunk into their genetics, I want to help prempavee select the best males and mothers and improve their lines. I want to see Tom Hill Haze taking over Thailand and improving weed. who wants to help me haha
Interesting thought, I like your style brother

I share a similar mindset . I just came back from colombia šŸ‡ØšŸ‡“. 2 separate Haze lines arrived safely and are already be grown out currently with plans for the future

I have heard some old timers are still maintaining old unadulterated seed stock . But it seems crippy / dutch hybrids are the dominant lines currently being grown out .I seen 2 types one purple papaya type and another green hybrid minimal taste . Effects were surprisingly Heady with minimal body . But nothing special

I wasn't lucky enough to sample any pure Colombian/ Old school Lumbo

1luvbigherb

Sanjuro

āœ–
Can you show me where Tom Hill criticize names of my varieties?

for you the names are important. not plants. isn't it very dumb? you silly? LOL
No. Tom Hill didnā€™t call your names stupid. I never said Tom Hill called you r names stupid.I do.

You got so worked up you didnā€™t even read my post properly.

Tom called all these silly names ā€œfaggyā€ in general

I just want to make that clear because i donā€™t speak for anybody else, like you do constantly. I only state my views and opinions.

Your silly Surreal lines had parents from different genetics you just used the same silly name. 3-way/4-way 1:1 mating polyhybrids with the same silly name. donā€™t try to twist it. First you had the dumb name figured out and after that you made the effort to find good enough parent plants. Itā€™s silly.Full stop.

also I respect TomĀ“s opinions, but for example I have never found 5% plant in 14 weekers... my 5% haze is 16/17 weeker.

just to be clear
You really are not "clear" on this. IBL lines and breeding. You started smacking plants together years ago yet your knowledge base is that of a newbie.

Pay attention. I will spell it out for you here.

Thou you pretend to be an expert in breeding you really donā€™t seem to understand how Open Pollination IBL lines work. Many people on cannabis forums seem to live in the illusion that you ā€˜save traitsā€™ by Open Pollination, you do of course, but at the same time itā€™s creating mish mash mongrels and in time you will lose the PURE expressions.

The 5% top level THH will drift farther and farther away from you if you just keep Open Pollinating the line long enough. the 5% plants will water down and get tainted with the other genetics in the IBL line.Sure the traits are saved but in mongrel-plants not as pure expressions. In other words Open Pollination IBLing is creating polyhybrids with in the line

You donā€™t understand how things work because you have grown relatively small amount of seeds from a certain line. 50-100 seeds wonā€™t teach you real things. Grow 1000 and you will learn much much more.

If Tom Hill says he finds shorter flowering 5% THH it is very possible, those plants just got the shorter flowering trait from other genetics of the THH IBL line.

You clearly do not understand how it works.

Just keep repeating some generalizing jargon you copied from Sam Skunkmans post ā€œyou need 1000 females and 1000 males for open pollination to save geneticsā€

Like you have ever grown even 500 seeds from the same line so youā€™re just copying something that you read on the forum. parrot clown works.

All you do is 1:1 matings based on some other peopleā€™s REAL WORK , like Tom Hillā€™s IBL Haze, yet still you pretend and act lie you know what real breeding is and give lectures on breeding to people who do not know any better and wont challenge you on your silly bull shit.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
some old hippies i knew grew something they called mangoana ,
and yes they said it was thai too ,
it seems to be a common sme/themell with thai,
i was kinda hoping shanti s mango haze was that same stuff ,
and dont get me wrong i really like mango haze ,
but its not the same as that thai mango stuff ...

i like the way funky speaks ,
its very descriptive and hits the mark quite well most of the time ,
i like reading his responses , i try to add an accent to the words actually , haha
they are well thought out and he doesnt beat around the bush ,

Interesting how part of our conversation in that thread spilled here . I won't touch it at the moment too much action / anger here
i did enjoy reading the back and forth you guys were having ,
i like your writing too man , for a guy who says he is not educated ,
you write better than many who say they are ...
Respect brother , I come from school of the hard knocks . 8th grade was my last year of schooling
I was 14 when i smoked thai first ,
it was the brown stuff wrapped on a stick,
i didnt really take a lot of notice at the time as i wasnt a toker ,
but it did take quite a lot of it to first get me high ,
half a one paper joint , and most of the second one my brother in law rolled ,

it didnt really come on even then , i had to get up and do something for anything to happen ,
but when it hit me , i was in a different world , very much a wow affect ,
when i ate dinner not long after , i felt like i was eating it from way above the table ,
i guess i was definitely high ...
I cant comment on your second sentence ,
but it certainly could happen with some time and the right seed ,
the finish they get in the north east is awesome for bringing out the best in those sativas ,
hot and dry ....

I love the details, I think it would give great perspective to know the actual year you first smoked Thai & cannabis period .

Much Respect to you and others mentioned, but when newbies and others read or have read post for years . We stand by and use the references of our elders and senior posters

For Example If I recall correctly
Sams first smoked Cannabis in 1965 , Then Haze in 71 and says Thai came around abit after Haze

If i recall Tom Hill admitted to first smoking Thai in 82
I havent had enough colombian to comment really ,,,
i wish i had more experience with it ,
having said that , i did get some head high from the c5 that did remind me of some thai high ,
was very pleasing and quite strong ...
i havent had nevils clone only stuff , though i did grow some here ,
eb said the clone stuff he tried with sammy was very strong ,
but the stuff we grew in the tropics was scary ..
I was blessed to have a taste of the A5 n Nevilles Haze thanks to Brother Piff via Yosammy, I understand why they've been kept soo long . I can only imagine Tropic grown

I Dream to one day grow in the tropics / sweet spots of the world . My dream has already begun to fruit
yes i did note some similarities firstly in the look ,
the braided bud types ,
the smell was a bit more spicy though ,
and not as strong as ive found with nevils haze or mango haze ,
but quite enjoyable ,
tiny little seeds too , but some huge plants out of season ,
we made a cross with it and some mbs ,
and the cut of that was kept for quite a while ,
we donned it javelin , one of my friends said it hit to the head like a javelin ,
flowered weird too , like in two stages and grew some lovely large colas ...
and yes the cg was from bsc ...
Interesting, I dont have much experience with NLD Colombians / Thai but from my minimal experience through Haze / haze hybrids I believe they would be clear to see the differences and then the smoke would be telltale

I'm shot but some things always standout in my mind
i dont think i have tried any other original haze since the thh man ,
i do have some from mr flower power that look great when he grew them ,
but i havent had a chance to get them in yet , im keen though ...

Id love to see that FP Seedsman Haze grown with your hand in your climate . That be a epic Grow
no worries on the essay , hahaha ,
i gotta go cook now though ,
i hope i answered in a manner you can decipher and that it has answered at least some of your queries ,
some of these memories are getting quite old now but its nice to relive them now and then ..
Memories fade and we don't know what tomorrow brings

That's why is soo important to me to ask these Questions.

If we don't listen to our elders and share there stories History can be obscured or lost forever .

Hence my Questions to Nevil / You /Sams and reason for sharing my Haze Article

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Interesting how part of our conversation in that thread spilled here . I won't touch it at the moment too much action / anger here

Respect brother , I come from school of the hard knocks . 8th grade was my last year of schooling

I love the details, I think it would give great perspective to know the actual year you first smoked Thai & cannabis period .

Much Respect to you and others mentioned, but when newbies and others read or have read post for years . We stand by and use the references of our elders and senior posters

For Example If I recall correctly
Sams first smoked Cannabis in 1965 , Then Haze in 71 and says Thai came around abit after Haze

If i recall Tom Hill admitted to first smoking Thai in 82

I was blessed to have a taste of the A5 n Nevilles Haze thanks to Brother Piff via Yosammy, I understand why they've been kept soo long . I can only imagine Tropic grown

I Dream to one day grow in the tropics / sweet spots of the world . My dream has already begun to fruit

Interesting, I dont have much experience with NLD Colombians / Thai but from my minimal experience through Haze / haze hybrids I believe they would be clear to see the differences and then the smoke would be telltale

I'm shot but some things always standout in my mind

Id love to see that FP Seedsman Haze grown with your hand in your climate . That be a epic Grow

Memories fade and we don't know what tomorrow brings

That's why is soo important to me to ask these Questions.

If we don't listen to our elders and share there stories History can be obscured or lost forever .

Hence my Questions to Nevil / You /Sams and reason for sharing my Haze Article

Much Respect

1luvbigherb
If my instincts are not deceiving me, things will soon be back on fire...

However,@bigherb even if you and I don't always agree, i also love the plant,( also the haze and also the many colombian variety) I believe that many of us "young" - more or less-are eager to hear stories and descriptions of plants and varieties far away in time and space, here or in other threads...

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
It's a shame but Haze, like alot of sativa strains, has every kind of crap in it imaginable these days. The Dutch are famous for diluting landraces, like the so called Colombian Red. Same thing happened to it that happened to the "Haze" sold by seed vendors. You'll read descriptions that it is Jamaican lambsbread, or comes from India Himlayans.....all kinds of crap. If you haven't realized it by now, (but will eventually), the strain descriptions are only written to sell the product.....they have very little to do with reality. It's a shame, but that's show biz!
šŸ‘ŒšŸ¤©

not all malawis are like that. but the most I tried yes, it is hammer weed mostly.

I found energetic electric one in African Seeds Malawi Gold. and I crossed it with posi haze of course
I will be honest with you Maha Kala, I have no experience with ASMG. I was refering to Malawi seed line from Ace. Old Uncle Ben was talking about Ace's Malawi crosses, so I did reacted on that. I had few phenotypes- taller, shorter, faster/longer flowering, there were some little optical variations in between them, but all of them smoked basicaly the same way. Impressive strong, heavy, psychedelic sativa, oily tasting, exhausting smoke.
I tried also few of my own Malawi polen chucks and results were very Malawi dominant plants.

Old Uncle Ben

I spoke to Tom, and I will be buying 100 seeds from him and sending them directly to Thailand, for prempavee. prempavee accepted it as a gift, they were willing to cultivate haze on their farms, some Thais supposedly introduced skunk into their genetics, I want to help prempavee select the best males and mothers and improve their lines. I want to see Tom Hill Haze taking over Thailand and improving weed. who wants to help me haha

haha, ouch :(

I rest my case.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Mama Thai pre 2010

gallery_11399_6773_198868~2.jpg

De vertaling van Chrome (Google) heeft de automatische traditie van detectie van idioom. Ik verhandel automatisch de Engelse taal, of Italiaans in het Spaans.
Zal ik dan verder in het Nederlands schrijven of in het Haags of Fries, want dat ken auk natuĆ¢hlijk? šŸ™„šŸ¤£

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well...this must be the real-deal Haze Hill thread ...
Tom's Hz has potential for great crosses ime
One cross I made was the most potent but I only had 9 or 10 seeds...got 5 females.Grew them outdoors. Then shit happened and I couldnt keep cuttings and I lost hundreds of pics to stupidity :wallbash:

This is THH x Panama/MoƱos Rojos male... lower buds...sry I dont have more pics.

3w1_snapshot_00.00.000.jpg

It was very potent ...the stalks were very resinous and I think it had a very very good Thai in it.
One evening I went to one of my favorite joints on the beach and there were 3 of my friends sitting at a table under the trees and craving for a good smoke lol
I shared ...they asked about the product etc
Minutes later, one of them looked up

010.JPG

and within minutes they were scared as fck and moved to an open space...no bucket to carry their heads ...well,they found one ...I thought it looked like the statue of a pharao of Cush...well,it was a fckn carboy LOLOL

IMG_20240821_221113.jpg