What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I dont agree. Malawi is pretty heavy compared to haze. Also fom my experience it is usualy dominant in crosses. Its oposite of what I expect from haze. Haze is euphoric and gives you energy. Malawi took all energy from me and left me tired and exhausted. It is psychedelic yes, this i agree.
not all malawis are like that. but the most I tried yes, it is hammer weed mostly.

I found energetic electric one in African Seeds Malawi Gold. and I crossed it with posi haze of course.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
IF I recall correct you travel to Thailand abit . I also remember quite a few Aussie speaking of this Mango type around your way long ago and thoughts of it being a Thai Type

If I recall maybe mangoheads was a name
some old hippies i knew grew something they called mangoana ,
and yes they said it was thai too ,
it seems to be a common sme/themell with thai,
i was kinda hoping shanti s mango haze was that same stuff ,
and dont get me wrong i really like mango haze ,
but its not the same as that thai mango stuff ...

ve had convo with funky horse recently i think you stopped by the thread. The more he spoke the more my mind opened . (I'll save that for a response which I still haven't given to him )
i like the way funky speaks ,
its very descriptive and hits the mark quite well most of the time ,
i like reading his responses , i try to add an accent to the words actually , haha
they are well thought out and he doesnt beat around the bush ,

i did enjoy reading the back and forth you guys were having ,
i like your writing too man , for a guy who says he is not educated ,
you write better than many who say they are ...

When did you first smoke Thai and can you share experiences of reported named Types ?

I'm extremely curious if the current status of legal market has brought some of the Best Quality Older Thai Stock that legend is spoke of ?
I was 14 when i smoked thai first ,
it was the brown stuff wrapped on a stick,
i didnt really take a lot of notice at the time as i wasnt a toker ,
but it did take quite a lot of it to first get me high ,
half a one paper joint , and most of the second one my brother in law rolled ,

it didnt really come on even then , i had to get up and do something for anything to happen ,
but when it hit me , i was in a different world , very much a wow affect ,
when i ate dinner not long after , i felt like i was eating it from way above the table ,
i guess i was definitely high ...
I cant comment on your second sentence ,
but it certainly could happen with some time and the right seed ,
the finish they get in the north east is awesome for bringing out the best in those sativas ,
hot and dry ....
Once again to my recollection you've grown MNS haze Hybrids aswell as Nevils Clone only C5 and such ?

Any thoughts on Nevils gear in regards to the long Thai / colombian debate?
I havent had enough colombian to comment really ,,,
i wish i had more experience with it ,
having said that , i did get some head high from the c5 that did remind me of some thai high ,
was very pleasing and quite strong ...
i havent had nevils clone only stuff , though i did grow some here ,
eb said the clone stuff he tried with sammy was very strong ,
but the stuff we grew in the tropics was scary ..
If I recall you grew a colombian Gold and did a C99 hybrid with it . If correct any thoughts on similarities to MNS haze hybrids
Was that CG from Bsc ?

You say first any other Original Haze you've grown since first trying THH ?
yes i did note some similarities firstly in the look ,
the braided bud types ,
the smell was a bit more spicy though ,
and not as strong as ive found with nevils haze or mango haze ,
but quite enjoyable ,
tiny little seeds too , but some huge plants out of season ,
we made a cross with it and some mbs ,
and the cut of that was kept for quite a while ,
we donned it javelin , one of my friends said it hit to the head like a javelin ,
flowered weird too , like in two stages and grew some lovely large colas ...
and yes the cg was from bsc ...

i dont think i have tried any other original haze since the thh man ,
i do have some from mr flower power that look great when he grew them ,
but i havent had a chance to get them in yet , im keen though ...

no worries on the essay , hahaha ,
i gotta go cook now though ,
i hope i answered in a manner you can decipher and that it has answered at least some of your queries ,
some of these memories are getting quite old now but its nice to relive them now and then ..

Mimpi Manis

you must of had some high end camera if those shots are really indeed from '81..
Yep. Pentax Spotmatic ll with 1.4 Tukamar lens. Bought in Singapore in 1972 on way back from UK. I am also an accomplished long time photographer going right back to enlargers and darkrooms. These images were digitized on a Plustek i7200 scanner. Then worked a little in Photoshop to sort the dust and scratches and brighten/colour correct them some etc. How did those old guys grow decent pot right back in the Dark Ages? Kind of a miracle I guess. Bit like my photo skills perhaps?

So... you reckon I might be pulling a fast one huh? I guess you'll never know for sure? You don't know me. But I value my honesty and integrity. As the poet Robert Zimmerman once said: "To live outside the law... you've gotta be honest". How about you cut me a little slack this one time?

PS: Dropped a little wildlife pic to at least confirm... I am from where I said I am at least. (Whadya reckon that is?). But it could all be a tricky little conspiracy to... hmm? Will think of something eventually - I promise!

Attachments

• Guess-What-web.jpg
    Guess-What-web.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 52

kro-magnon

Veteran
I took two hits of golden tiger and it made me want to light a candle and crawl in the corner and suck my thumb for two hours. Psychedelic absolutely but euphoric? lol that just depends on the user. I know that day i learned I only like kind sativas
This type of experience happened to me a bit too often, that's why I stick to kind sativas as you say, that's a very good way to describe the type of sativa high I enjoy. Something in my brain doesn't react positively to the high of some sativa and it's only through trial and error that I can find the genetics I will really enjoy and not fear smoking;

kro-magnon

Veteran

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I wouldn't put those strains in the same group with haze, for goodness sake I love certain zamaldelica pheno, but in general they are more "domestic" and often more hybrid (allow me the term), especially a big part of Panama and Malawi...

kro-magnon

Veteran
I wouldn't put those strains in the same group with haze, for goodness sake I love certain zamaldelica pheno, but in general they are more "domestic" and often more hybrid (allow me the term), especially a big part of Panama and Malawi...
I don't know a lot about ACE seeds so far, I'm really interested in their Panama. I don't classify them in the same gene pool than the Haze, there is a few distincts sativa "gene pools". From my experiences so far I think I prefer the high coming from plants like Colombia Gold, but I have not grown enough pure sativas yet to pinpoint what works great for me. I love the hybrids, I know many here don't like them but for me their high works well.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
No problem with hybrids, as well as other varieties, each strain is beautiful in itself and has its place in the cannabis galaxy, I used - perhaps improperly - the word hybrid to describe the effect....

RobFromTX

The haze ive smoked was quite euphoric. Introspective but by no means trippy like the golden tiger. Everyone reacts differently to different strains though

RobFromTX

I don't know a lot about ACE seeds so far, I'm really interested in their Panama. I don't classify them in the same gene pool than the Haze, there is a few distincts sativa "gene pools". From my experiences so far I think I prefer the high coming from plants like Colombia Gold, but I have not grown enough pure sativas yet to pinpoint what works great for me. I love the hybrids, I know many here don't like them but for me their high works well.
Lol ive had people on here telling me for years that panama wasnt a pure sativa. Then i look at the phylos results and see that its 50% skunk :D

I still love it though and i'll grow it again. Ace has some great gear and they get results

kro-magnon

Veteran
The haze ive smoked was quite euphoric. Introspective but by no means trippy like the golden tiger. Everyone reacts differently to different strains though
Yes that's the thing too many disregard, we don't all have the same brain chemistry so the effects of the same bud can be widely different for 2 persons smoking it. I've seen a few people around who stopped smoking after their 30's because they started to react negatively to the buds who were making them nicely high before.
I'm not surprised the Panama from ACE is not a pure landrace because she is too fast flowering for a pure one. But I don't mind either if I enjoy the buds it produces. I would like them to be more transparent about their genetics and not hide when they cross landraces with shorter blooming genetics because in most cases it is necessary to make those plants manageable in many different growing environments.

RobFromTX

Yes that's the thing too many disregard, we don't all have the same brain chemistry so the effects of the same bud can be widely different for 2 persons smoking it. I've seen a few people around who stopped smoking after their 30's because they started to react negatively to the buds who were making them nicely high before.
I'm not surprised the Panama from ACE is not a pure landrace because she is too fast flowering for a pure one. But I don't mind either if I enjoy the buds it produces. I would like them to be more transparent about their genetics and not hide when they cross landraces with shorter blooming genetics because in most cases it is necessary to make those plants manageable in many different growing environments.
Thats how i look at it. Ace makes sativas manageable for indoor cultivation but youre right they should be more transparent. If you haven't tried their honduras i would certainly recommend that strain. Very positive and upbeat. I plan to run the oldtimers haze later this year

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
no, he wasn't... this rumor is taken as the truth at GrowMore.

you know... they try to take it down...

this guy was attacking Tom Hill normally back in the days, he told Tom Hill he can cross cryptic labs cambodian with DC, and make toms haze that way hahahahaha what to add? I think it is enough to understand... he hypes his colombian x durban

and Tom Hill said colombian is boring shit hahahha(same resentimental feelings at bigherb), so he wants to take down Tom´s haze and pay back. I see this activity for years now.

GrowMore gang has to attack on icmag all the time, they escaped there, but still have to get back, and pay back hahahahaha hurt butts. childish.

I found it funny like they try with enormous effort, for years now, to prove somehow that there is not thai hahahahhahaha

I like that you are adult developed person, and despite what Tom Hill says, you will grow and enjoy your colombian, and that I found right.
To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, I read this story about DC (and Skunk too) right here on icmag, many years ago...
However, I really thought it was an ironic joke, if there's some problem between people I can't know and I'm happy to stay out of it....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
no, he wasn't... this rumor is taken as the truth at GrowMore.

you know... they try to take it down...

this guy was attacking Tom Hill normally back in the days, he told Tom Hill he can cross cryptic labs cambodian with DC, and make toms haze that way hahahahaha what to add? I think it is enough to understand... he hypes his colombian x durban

and Tom Hill said colombian is boring shit hahahha(same resentimental feelings at bigherb), so he wants to take down Tom´s haze and pay back. I see this activity for years now.

GrowMore gang has to attack on icmag all the time, they escaped there, but still have to get back, and pay back hahahahaha hurt butts. childish.

I found it funny like they try with enormous effort, for years now, to prove somehow that there is not thai hahahahhahaha

I like that you are adult developed person, and despite what Tom Hill says, you will grow and enjoy your colombian, and that I found right.
To be honest, as far as I'm concerned, I read this story about DC (and Skunk too) right here on icmag, many years ago...
However, I really thought it was an ironic joke, if there's some problem between people I can't know and I'm happy to stay out of it....

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it is going on from beginning when Tom´s haze was released for first time, we have to read this obvious bullshit. you can see like Humpy, without growing any, is saying it is skunkhaze in question to skunkman thread. 14 years ago...

that obvious bullshit will stay around, they will repeat it many times yet.

meanwhile we will smoke outstanding haze with thai blood in it, and laugh at their bullshit hahahaha

CharlesU Farley

some of these memories are getting quite old now but its nice to relive them now and then ..
Funny you mention that. In my dive down the Rabbit Hole this morning researching TH (remember, I didn't participate in any cannabis fora from the Patriot Act until 2012-2013, and then only for technical info... I really don't know who the f-ck he is :)), was just reading a thread on Mr Nice titled GMO Terminator cannabis.

You, Hempy, TH, and Neville in the same thread. :eek:

It really _is_ a shame Sam and Neville couldn't have both "have a good yarn over a few ales and sort it out." ;) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

elanius

Veteran
Most Ace strains are heavily worked so you have better chance to find something as advertised in one pack. With Haze you really need to hunt for it, be it introspective, extroverted, kind, mean, euphoric or trippy. The one I miss the most was the THH#24, it had such unique effect where you would get totally high, similar to lower dose of shrooms but your eyes were not affected, no heaviness, just like shrooms. We went to have a beer in a familiar space, it looked totally alien, every activity was exciting and adventurous. Even if you were alone, just staring at the sky was enough, the way the clouds moved, it was fascinating to just be at peace with them. She also created a lot of strange nostalgic feelings out of nowhere...This plant had that emotional aspect in it, seemed like it opened some channel in your body, it was cleansing physically and mentally, lasted for more than 4 hours. Whole day was transformed from that experience. I gave the cut to friend and half year later he was telling me its the best weed he has ever smoked, had the same experience as me and my friends. So if you find good one, I bet others will acknowledge the qualities.

The Thai pheno of THH was almost like that, but the main high was scary, people were afraid to buy beer, talk to others lol...But once the high started to fade, you would get strong feeling of bliss and energy, it was akin to receiving great news and this positive effect lasted for hours. Truly great weed, with unique smell too.

I also have this experience with some of my friends quitting cannabis - at some point, it just made them feel uncomfortable. But they do enjoy Haze and hybrids selected towards this emotionally kind effects... very hard to find such phenotypes though, especially those that are both powerful and pleasant. From THH selection, only that one plant had it.