What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Salva

RobFromTX

Suggests you hit it too hard or are not used to sativas.

It really laid you out that much? I have seedlings of GT X Panama going now. Should be the same thing.

Not cheap either. I figured I paid about $14/seed total from Mandala. Fems. which are more expensive.

Texas
Oh it floored me. Too intense for me but i know it has a very popular following. Not sensitive to sativas but Im into those go out and do something kind of highs myself, rather than the lets go to the moon buzz. Thats why i love honduras and panama so much. To each his own though✌️

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Raco :)Pics from yesterday …
IMG_3510.jpeg
IMG_3512.jpeg
IMG_3514.jpeg
IMG_3508.jpeg
IMG_3513.jpeg
IMG_3507.jpeg
IMG_3509.jpeg
IMG_3511.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

Oh it floored me. Too intense for me but i know it has a very popular following. Not sensitive to sativas but Im into those go out and do something kind of highs myself, rather than the lets go to the moon buzz. Thats why i love honduras and panama so much. To each his own though✌️
From a previous post on NL:

"Here's what makes it special to me and why I'm absolutely positive why NL Seattle Greg created it:

You can consume it and go about your normal daily activities in life and deal with shit.

For me, I can consume NL and read a book, lift weights, do intricate and complicated activities yet mentally focus... or just hang out with family and watch TV. There's no "couch lock", "paranoia",etc.

It is well balanced cannabis and if you live a well balance life, it's all the cannabis you will _ever_ need."

Imo, a lot of people here on ICM, who have a hard-on for land races and/or sativas or indicas, just don't understand what a proper _hybrid_ balance of Type II/Indica and Type I/Sativa can give you. :)

RobFromTX

From a previous post on NL:

"Here's what makes it special to me and why I'm absolutely positive why NL Seattle Greg created it:

You can consume it and go about your normal daily activities in life and deal with shit.

For me, I can consume NL and read a book, lift weights, do intricate and complicated activities yet mentally focus... or just hang out with family and watch TV. There's no "couch lock", "paranoia",etc.

It is well balanced cannabis and if you live a well balance life, it's all the cannabis you will _ever_ need."

Imo, a lot of people here on ICM, who have a hard-on for land races and/or sativas or indicas, just don't understand what a proper _hybrid_ balance of Type II/Indica and Type I/Sativa can give you. :)
You really love that NL ;). I feel you buddy. I really enjoy hybrids like NL as well sometimes but only when i want to x-files n chill. Sativas are great for being active and i find them more enjoyable overall, especially for taking away the blues. They're a pain in the ass to grow and can be very unstable. But Im glad to have them as an option.

bigherb

Veteran
Well I never made it back to sleep lol

My experience with the haze tom has was some time ago, seems like a lifetime really,
I still had a remnant of the old sativa from my neck of the woods, it smelt like unripe mango, a little acrid I guess , we know it as a descended of the thai we got here ,
Sour mango smell and a good strong high,

The first haze I grew was tom's offering at the time and the resemblance to that mango weed was uncanny, not only did it look the same it smelt the same and the high was very similar, they could have been the same plants ,

I have limited experiences with Colombian weed , I couldn't compare anything to it,
I'd definitely say that first haze I grew was thai dominant..
I appreciate your input and you sharing your experiences always

IF I recall correct you travel to Thailand abit . I also remember quite a few Aussie speaking of this Mango type around your way long ago and thoughts of it being a Thai Type

If I recall maybe mangoheads was a name

Seems most Agree This Original Haze stock Via Posi / Tom had Thai Genetics/ influence

I've always wanted to try that legendary Thai Especially the Type Hempy and Nevil referred to Incense / livery / leather .
I believe Golden Buddha was referenced

Ive had convo with funky horse recently i think you stopped by the thread. The more he spoke the more my mind opened . (I'll save that for a response which I still haven't given to him )

I don't want to speak for everyone of my generation but when my elders speak of these old imports and current offerings obtained and marketed . I imagine a exceptional Quality

I say with 💯 Respect , as I always do .

You just were asked the same question in a different manner

When did you first smoke Thai and can you share experiences of reported named Types ?

I'm extremely curious if the current status of legal market has brought some of the Best Quality Older Thai Stock that legend is spoke of ?

Once again to my recollection you've grown MNS haze Hybrids aswell as Nevils Clone only C5 and such ?

Any thoughts on Nevils gear in regards to the long Thai / colombian debate?

If I recall you grew a colombian Gold and did a C99 hybrid with it . If correct any thoughts on similarities to MNS haze hybrids
Was that CG from Bsc ?

You say first any other Original Haze you've grown since first trying THH ?

Sorry for 1000 questions, I still have more 😆. You know I love details

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I think he was ironic, since this rumor had been circulating for a long time on forums, as well as skunk....
no, he wasn't... this rumor is taken as the truth at GrowMore.
I was just thinking about the mexican...and you say there's DC in It??
Not in muy experience
you know... they try to take it down...

this guy was attacking Tom Hill normally back in the days, he told Tom Hill he can cross cryptic labs cambodian with DC, and make toms haze that way hahahahaha what to add? I think it is enough to understand... he hypes his colombian x durban

and Tom Hill said colombian is boring shit hahahha(same resentimental feelings at bigherb), so he wants to take down Tom´s haze and pay back. I see this activity for years now.

GrowMore gang has to attack on icmag all the time, they escaped there, but still have to get back, and pay back hahahahaha hurt butts. childish.

I found it funny like they try with enormous effort, for years now, to prove somehow that there is not thai hahahahhahaha

I like that you are adult developed person, and despite what Tom Hill says, you will grow and enjoy your colombian, and that I found right.

Last edited:

Mimpi Manis

Here's my two bobs worth... as a West Coast Great South Gondwana dweller. I don't think I ever saw or heard of any kind of Sth American strains in these parts. The bigger Eastern cities and other places is quite likely a different story. Wally saw and tasted a few things we never seem to have access to. Like the Choc Thai and compressed stuff. Thai was almost always stick based... and other SE Asian in tiny amounts in bags or envelopes. The halcyon days for my generation was the seventies with some bleed into the 80's... with home grown then making an appearance on the blocks. Of course, many of us were living pretty poor, so the do re me was in short supply. Somehow we managed.

I remember a guy who worked in my office. He had a barmaid girlfriend with access to some imports. He sold me about 4-5 grams of Sumatran Red for $5. He slipped the airmail envelope under my blotter (late 60's btw) steath like. It was browny red... and was bleedin strong. But knock you down more than soaring like Thai. And a big dose of red eye to go with it. There were a few less liars around in the day, so I suspect the provenance was accurate. Other stuff I encountered around SE Asia in the day was well and truly in the Thai pantheon of excellence.

What intrigues me is not hearing much from your old guys about head to head comparisons of genuine Thai effects compared with the top shelf Colombians and the like from the day. (CG, SMG, Pan and the like). Somewhere in the archives of Rolling Stone mag (70's perhaps) is an interview with Jeff Bridges by one of the RS journalists. Bridges was just making a mark around then. What I remember is the reference by the journalist to the Thai Stick/Hash stash Bridges was rolling up for what I assume was an amenable encounter. I wonder anyone in this place remembers seeing that interview? Not been able to reference it anywhere.

BTW, in response to my inquiry recently about how much Thai was in Tom's Haze line, I was told 50%... according to the man himself. But the narrative on most of what else goes for Haze varies from moderate amounts of Thai to bugger all. Depending on who you read. Without pretty focused genetic testing seems we'll never know for sure. But in my 50 years I've yet to encounter anything of the power of SE Asian strains. With those early renditions of Thai Stick (Buddha) unsurpassed from my humble experience. Them's were the days.

Here's some guerrilla grow pics from 1981. Most sativa looking. But some of them look distinctively Indica leaning... and some damn frosty. In those days, info on genetics etc was slim pickings. These would have been almost all bag seeds. The diversity, even then, was notable. I remember getting gifted some seeds around this time. Big with tiger stripes which, from the smell of the mature plants, I later deduced were probably some early skunk iterations. Damn that turned out to be amazingly potent shit. Right up there. But I can see how much opportunity I squandered given what we know now. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thang?

Attachments

• Old-web4.jpg
    Old-web4.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Old#7-web.jpg
    Old#7-web.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Old#6-web.jpg
    Old#6-web.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Old-#5-web.jpg
    Old-#5-web.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Old#3-web.jpg
    Old#3-web.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Old-#2-web.jpg
    Old-#2-web.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Old#1-web.jpg
    Old#1-web.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
most available hazes have very little thai in it, thats true. posi haze is exception.

thai green phenotype of Toms haze is not 50% thai LOL it is much more thai, it doesnt matter how much it is simply thai dominat...

Yes, the line is different from the more common Dutch hazes. When I was there in '94, I was smoking a very good pure haze everyday from one of the old Dutch shops, maybe dampkring? That was like more Colombian type leather and fresh sawn teak wood. That’s what I was expecting first time I grew the seeds. But something very different grows, it was almost exactly same like the Thai I grew many years before. I agree with your Aussie friends. It has other very complex things going on but it is very Thai heavy no doubt in my mind about that.

very Thai heavy, thats what Tom Hill says when talking about green thai phenotypes. exactly like Thai he says...

That's not "O. haze". It's just another knock off. Thai was very recessive in the gene pool of the original Sam the Skunkman haze. He told me the Thai and Indian was added later to the Mex X Col F1., that;s why they're both in parentheses in the original mix "trademark". Whatever....

Will the real "haze" please stand up?

If you're after the high that "haze" is supposed to, hyped to be, which I assume is the old sativa "uplifting, euphoric, psychedelic" stuff, you'd be better off not chasing your tail and buy something like Ace's Golden Tiger, Thai's X Malawi's. Malawi X Panama or Zamaldelica

I dont agree. Malawi is pretty heavy compared to haze. Also fom my experience it is usualy dominant in crosses. Its oposite of what I expect from haze. Haze is euphoric and gives you energy. Malawi took all energy from me and left me tired and exhausted. It is psychedelic yes, this i agree.

Sanjuro

How is the THH from @PandoraSeedBank?

Have you guys seen any grow or smoke reports?

I might go for a pack if they will get restocked but i don’t want any edgy, jittery Haze

Last edited: