What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
It's funny that people doubt the 5%. When it's obvious to anyone who has done a serious pheno hunt there is always a best plant. Wether your searching for a particular buzz or yield or whatever. There will always be the plant that is best. If you grow a 1000 selected 5%ers there will still be a best. So does that mean the even more mythical 0.001% plant is imaginary. That's the one I hope to someday find.

In my experience with import weed or any weed really is the best doesn't last. When my guy got a shipment of high quality bricks I tried to buy as many as I could. And when I broke them up I would take what looked best for myself. And I assume the people I sold it to did the same. So your average consumer likely never saw the best. That doesn't make the best a myth. It makes it not attainable without buying bulk. Much like a pheno hunt.

I'm sure the same goes for most shipments. Someone else gets the best.

How many average smokers have even seen a great Thai or Columbian or even Mexican ? My guess is very few.
I dont talk about avarge smoker...
I talk about best breeders at that time who made the seed bank and sacred seeds...
Are you shure that those guys didnt expirence best Thai...?

Just Thai weed is mids nothing special and no body ever breed much with it cuz it sucks.

Look sacred seeds catalogue from 1981
Not any pure Thai mostly Haze and S Indian....
Why becouse they were the best. No one ever talk about Thai weed.

Only in movies like Rambo..

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I talk about best breeders at that time who made the seed bank and sacred seeds...

Just Thai weed is mids nothing special and no body ever breed much with it cuz it sucks.

Name one single pack of seeds that throws an elite quality plant in every pack?

Name one variety that is so homogeneous that if you grow 100 there is not a best.

You show your lack of experience in nearly every post.

Maybe start 50 or 100 seeds sometime and see what your missing. Even your beloved Jack and widow. I feel its safe to say if one of us did a serious pheno hunt we would find an example that far exceeds the one you love.

Not trying to hurt your feelings. Just accepting the math nature offered us to work with.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arguing about quality has to be the stupidest thing to attempt. Those that think their interpretation of what a good plant should be is not the standard for others. People will not agree with what I pick as good, best, or exceptional. Not everyone will experience the same type of high, Smell, or taste as I do. People that argue these points are just arguing to argue.

Grow and select what we like... If you don't like Thai don't grow it but others love Thai and consider it some of the best genetics there are why is that an issue?

Green Highland

Arguing about quality has to be the stupidest thing to attempt. Those that think their interpretation of what a good plant should be is not the standard for others. People will not agree with what I pick as good, best, or exceptional. Not everyone will experience the same type of high, Smell, or taste as I do. People that argue these points are just arguing to argue.

Grow and select what we like... If you don't like Thai don't grow it but others love Thai and consider it some of the best genetics there are why is that an issue?
🙌

Rgd

Veteran
I am afraid that Tom doesnt like icmag and you have better chance to catch him at IG.

this is my gear grown in South Asia, namely chocolate funk. so babies are back in its home... as you see it is typical broadleaf hehehe

img_0164-jpeg.18860456
Thanks yeh i know
I do not need to converse
i sent my dough in quite a awhile ago
It will happen or it won’t

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Lots of people tal

I think there is a certain degree of quality that can be agreed upon. The vast majority of people will recognize hay or fire without any real issues. There are flavors I don't particularly care for but they are distinct and complex enough I have no problem seeing why some people love them. I think a lot of the problem with people hating on long flowering types is either they have never smoked a worthy example and refuse to acknowledge they exist. Or they would never grow let alone pheno hunt a 4 month flowering strain that want to grow huge and is difficult to get right. So they refuse to acknowledge they exist. I don't think what is being argued here is a matter of preference. It's just stubborn pothead trying to pretend things others have found don't exist because for some reason it's out of their own reach.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some people will refuse to accept other's life experiences in favor of Google lol. Some call haze fake if it doesn't get you high how they say it should. Some don't include aromas/smells when judging quality. When I was young getting high was what we did most of the day. Anything good smelled/tasted fantastic. It took a lot to get high due to tolerance.. Nothing ever got me paranoid, made me scared to smoke it, or caused me to trip. Quality is not the same for all. I think some forget this.

Today at my age if I smoke too much It can cause me to get paranoid. IMO Tolerance has a massive impact on that.

I think it's useless to argue about how we ea judge what is good. For those that have never experienced good Thai doesn't mean that's the case for everyone else.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

any more shit stirring posts from you wll be deleted ,
continue and u are treading a fine line mate ,
you will only be warned this time ....
we dont need your sort of shit stirring here ,
it just serves to aggravate people and is so far from truth its not even funny ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
😂 people getting banned for stating their opinions? What has this fucking place come to?
no one is getting banned ,
shit stirring is not the same as stating ones opinion
it upsets conversation and harmony ,
and is not tolerated on any forums continually ,

of course folks can have differing opinions ,
but they are not enouraged to bait people in order to cause trouble and dissention,
im sure if you check the tou , you will find reference to that ...

windmills

"maybe go read a book or two rather than thinking you can solve everything being some kinda google sleuth"

Well, I make no attestation that I am some kind of internet sleuth since there was none available until I was nearly in college. And, back in the day in med school, we did all of our research in a dark and sometimes dank place called a medical library. So I do have some experience with books, and can probably read faster and retain more than most. It was either learn how to do that, or sink. Please be sure to inform us when you locate the book or study online that you referenced when you stated that cannabis reacted definitively to heat by making thin leaves. For the record, both the red bud I've seen numerous times in Colombia, and the brown bud, were both grown within 5 degrees of the equator, so that is not the influence why one was thin leafed, and the other was broad. Peace To All, And Cheers

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
"maybe go read a book or two rather than thinking you can solve everything being some kinda google sleuth"

Well, I make no attestation that I am some kind of internet sleuth since there was none available until I was nearly in college. And, back in the day in med school, we did all of our research in a dark and sometimes dank place called a medical library. So I do have some experience with books, and can probably read faster and retain more than most. It was either learn how to do that, or sink. Please be sure to inform us when you locate the book or study online that you referenced when you stated that cannabis reacted definitively to heat by making thin leaves. For the record, both the red bud I've seen numerous times in Colombia, and the brown bud, were both grown within 5 degrees of the equator, so that is not the influence why one was thin leafed, and the other was broad. Peace To All, And Cheers
do you know how long these varieties have been in colombia ,
and where they came from ?
if they were hybrids to begin with , and havent adapted over time
who ever knows how long that is btw ,,
then that might explain what you saw ,

this doesnt mean that the other thinner leaf cannabis hasnt become that way through changes due to environment ,
after all , cannabis is not native to south america , and had to be taken there from somewhere else ,
where as in Asia , specifically parts that are in the tropics and have a long history of cannabis cultivation , all have thin leafed varieties , while the odd variety has thicker leaf than some ,
none would or could be called broad leaf , the term normally used to describe what we call Indica ...

there are too many variable involved to answer why what you saw is how it is , or why ,
but it is definitely not any proof that thin leaf cannabis isnt an adaption to the hot climate it grows in,
since you say you are aware of science and how it is practiced, then you would certainly see my point with that >>??

windmills

I definitively know what true Cannabis Sativa is, and both the red and brown bud I alluded to are. I have seen and sampled them since the 60's, and seen them growing since the 70's. And, no one alive knows how Cannabis came to Colombia. Just like they do not know how it got to Thailand. What I am interested in is your study where you stated that there was a definitive correlation between heat and thin leafed Cannabis. I have active experience with both thin leafed and broad leafed true Sativa there. My practical experience shows and tells me that it is not correlated to heat

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea i dont know how well trained your eye is , or about your experience ,
but the plants in the pictures there are both the same plants ,
just juvenile ones vs ones about to flower ..

the fact is you dont know how or why they are as they are ,
and it is also fact that thinner leaf dissipates heat and aids transpiration better than broader leaf ,
(its quite easy to find information about that , i posted some in an earlier post ,)
hence most tropical sativas having them , particularly in asia , which is where cannabis is native too btw, , it may be both due to human selection and environmental,,
since thai people are from yunnan , and that is and has been a home to cannabis for millenia ,
perhaps one of the origins , then its likely safe to say they took it to thailand with them ,
a thousand years ago ....
i know in yunnan there are examples of plants both broad leaf , and thin leaf ,
maybe its just coincidence and they only took thin leaf types with them ,
but i doubt that , more likely they selected what worked best for them , along side natural selection to end up with what they have now ...
ive grown hundreds of strains in the tropics , over decades , and i can tell you the thin leaf ones definitely handle the heat better , the broad leaf ones are starting to wilt , while the thin leaf ones are doing just fine ,
i dont need to be a botanist to work out why , just have to be an observant gardener ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
show me a picture of these broad leaf sativas ,
perhaps your description is poor and they are just a sativa with a fatter-than-normal leaf like i have shown already , ,
when someone says broad leaf ,, i think indica , of course ,
since that is how they are told apart initially ,
then the stature ,, the flowers , the flowering time , and of course the origin , etc
show me this leaf so we can put this conversation to rest , its becoming a bit tedious to be honest ?

windmills

Perhaps it is not my description that it is poor. They were fatter type true Sativa leaves. I never said otherwise.
As you state this was studied, and that there is a pronounced and profound connection between heat and leaf thickness, there must be one source out there that states this. When you find this study you read, let us know.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
what a waste of my time ,
dont include me with your trivial shit again please windmills ,
its obvious you are just as maha likes to call folks like you , a pseudo expert ,
you have nothing relevant to give , and are here to just troll folks who do ,
i wont be replying to you again ...
this splitting straws crap is for children ,
we can do so much better when we work together ....

Rastafarout

Translation:
He is saying you said you read about leaves /heat
and you’re saying you can’t remember where you read it …
But also saying this is your experience

And he says he believes otherwise and if you can kindly find the study so he can read it ….because he reckons nah ….