What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
"well since you questioned my statement , then the burden of proof is actually on you"

Actually, according to scientific protocol, you PROVE a hypothesis, by providing FACTUAL evidence to back it up. You provided none. ZERO. And upon several hours of researching on topic, regarding cannabis, I find none. I have a bachelor of science, majoring in biology (pre-med), so I know just a bit about how scientific research works. If you make a definitive statement, you had better be prepared to definitively back it up, or be laughed out of every scientific gathering you ever attend. You clearly have the cart before the horse, but apparently have a strong inability to admit it. We are not male gorillas dominating here, where the most powerful bully survives, and, where might makes right. The burden to prove something you say is broadly true is your responsibility, and no one else's. Cheers
maybe go read a book or two rather than thinking you can solve everything being some kinda google sleuth ...
cant believe u spent hours researching and found nothing ,
seems you are not even a very good googler either ...
ive said what i need to say ,, until i find the book , or quote online , im not going to comment further on this off topic subject ,
go start a thread if you need too ...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
well since you questioned my statement , then the burden of proof is actually on you ,

also most folks dont seem to understand the tropics isnt just one big jungle ,
and the plants dont flower during the rainy period ,
in fact in south east asia , where they grew the thai stick ,( north east thailand,)
it is very dry and arid during the time of year when the plants are in full flower ,
it doesnt rain all year lke some folks seem to think , and most of thailand ,
is not rain forest , or jungle , its more vine forest and scrub ,
which suffers between the long dry periods before any rain comes ,
it can be over 6 months with no rain and temps of 30 c plus every day ,
if broad leafed cannabis was adapt to those conditions , you would see it a lot ,
but you dont ,, i wonder why ...

thank you for great information. it is great you share your knowledge with us. very much appreciated here! RESPECT!

HapiValleyFarms

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_204845_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_204845_YouTube.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 69

Mimpi Manis

Pub med... the go to for a little research info: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/753972/

Saved you some time... here's the abstract:

Abstract​

"We investigated the influence of heat, wind, and humidity on UVR-induced acute and chronic skin damage of experimental animals housed in environmental chambers and irradiated under controlled conditions. Hairless mice (strain HRS/J) irradiated after an increase of 10 degrees F in skin temperature had more skin damage than irradiated controls. Significantly more Swiss albino mice irradiated for 400 days while maintained at 90 degrees F developed tumors than did those receiving the same amount of UVR but maintained at room temperature. Mice exposed to UVR daily for 4 weeks while kept in wind of 7 mph had greater damage and slower recovery than animals irradiated but protected from wind. Wind also accelerated tumorigenesis in mice than received chronic UVR. Mice kept at 80% relative humidity and given a single dose of UVR had greater skin injury than animals irradiated while at 5% relative humidity. High midity also appears to accelerate skin cancer formation in animals that were exposed to chronic UVR".

Think you've got problems... try being a mouse!

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
dont think so mate ,
Your lilly white skin will burn in 10 minutes flat in that sun i assure you ,
the closer to the equator , the more direct the sun is ,
you cant just make stuff up based on your lack of education and you have a hunch,
stick to something else you are a little more familiar with please ..

pretty sure you will find the leaf in afghani plants is also thicker as well as fatter ,
this will be an adaption to the dry climate , the leaf on thai plants is thinner and skinnier to dissipate heat and to cope with the intense sunlight , the thickness of the leaf is how it copes with the more humid climate ...
I say that water in air which is called humidity block sun light and better provide heat.
While less water in air alows more sunlight to reach surface of earth or plant leaf.

Thailand has a tropical climate, which means it typically experiences high humidity throughout the year. The humidity levels are influenced by monsoon seasons and vary in different regions of the country. Here's a general breakdown of humidity trends in Thailand:

Dry Season (November to February): During these months, humidity is generally lower, making the weather more comfortable and pleasant. Humidity levels typically range from 60% to 80%, with some cooler evenings.

Hot Season (March to May): This period is characterized by high temperatures and increasing humidity. Humidity levels can rise above 80%, making it feel more uncomfortable, especially in urban areas.

Rainy Season (June to October): The rainy season brings heavy rainfall and increased humidity. Humidity levels can reach as high as 90% or more during this period, making the weather feel sticky and damp.

high humidity can block sunlight to some extent compared to dry air climates. Humidity refers to the amount of moisture present in the air, and it can affect the behavior of sunlight in the atmosphere.

In areas with high humidity, water vapor molecules are more prevalent in the air. Water vapor is a greenhouse gas, meaning it can absorb and trap some of the incoming solar radiation. When sunlight passes through humid air, the water vapor can scatter and absorb certain wavelengths of light, leading to reduced visibility and a hazy appearance.

Here are some ways high humidity can affect sunlight:

Scattering: Water droplets and water vapor in the air can scatter sunlight, leading to a diffused appearance of the sun. This effect can make the sky appear white or gray instead of the usual blue.

Reduced Intensity: High humidity can attenuate sunlight, meaning it reduces the intensity of direct sunlight reaching the ground. This can result in a less bright and less sharp appearance of objects outdoors.

Haze: High humidity can contribute to the formation of haze or mist, reducing visibility and making distant objects less clear.

On the other hand, dry air contains less moisture, so there are fewer water vapor molecules to interact with sunlight. As a result, dry air climates tend to have clearer skies and more intense sunlight compared to humid regions.

Anyway weed was banned to grow in Thailand from 1930s...Thai weed is just myth no one ever care about Thai weed.
I chatted with 1st man about haze of flying dutchman he said that Kerals weed is primo source for haze...South Indian and mid and south America.

Take genetics and see how small thai genetics are used. Becouse they were and are shit.
I chatted with few botanist that were there in 1980 when Sam and other guys like him come to India and other countires that have borders with it.
They culdnt believe what they found here.
Take take the best they can find and in 1985.
When commerical seed banks appear UN push cannabis ban in India...

I chated with one guy that work right now in big green houses in thailand he said that harvest mostly go to extraction...high humidity anf high temps kill terps and quality of plants.

But its good for selection of cut that later are grown indoors for full potential.

Dont be funny with your Thai US army myth stop watch Rambo and other movies.

Im very educated guy you cant serve me your myths thats why I call most of people here clowns cuz they make me laugh.

Everyone that ever grows any cannabis know that one of biggest killer of quality is humidity and heat...and talking about perfect place to grow weed that only 3 months are around 60-80% humidity is just no sense.

sry guys you need to educate yourself and be open minded.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yes mate ,
so the millions of people who smoked thai stick
and had some of the best experiences with weed they have had ,
so much so they still talk about it today ,
were all wrong ,
and you have just busted the myth ,,

right ,, mate ,
go back to sleep canna t ,
we really dont need your myth busting ,
go back to your jack herer ,
its not even close to what folks had back in the days of thai stick,
and you are just envious you missed out , we can see it , dont worry ,
you are not fooling us ...

you are just another one of the fools that sits back behind your computer ,
reading stuff , thinking you are getting experiences ,
when in fact you are getting nothing at all ,
you have no idea at all ,
and you call yourself intelligent ,
you are kidding right ,
get some real first hand experience before you even start to doubt the past experiences of others mate ,
and stop posting such rubbish ....

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Thai stick is strain as Maroccan hash brick.
Thai stick is way how weed is sell in Thailand they use many cultivars and wrap them around stick.
And its called Thai stick.
So Thai stick is strain just as Moroccan hash brick.

Anyway I sesrched throgh Sacreed seeds seed ofers in 1981 not a single Thai strain.
Search throgh The seed bank catalogues no Thai there....
Why breeders didnt use Thai landraces in breeding when they were at best in 70's and 80s ?
I see many strains and saw only 2 hybrids with just a bit of Thai in it.

View attachment 18860524 View attachment 18860526 View attachment 18860527

Probably breeders dont want to sell good seeds with Thai blood...they rather sell mids from all around the world rather than best weed in the world from Thailand...🤣🤣
Not a lot lot of people had the ways and means to grow and mature a pure Thai. Same as pure haze. It takes forever and stretches like crazy. It's not that it isn't great. It is that it's hybrids are far more convenient to achieve a decent harvest before winter.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am far from explaining anything to fucktards, Donald has holy patience. but I did that test, I put broad leaf and narrow leaf to heated area, and you can guess what leafs were burnt first... thats why I know Donald is on point with it...

but no, these fucktards will not do that test, because their goal is to troll hahahaha

and no, nobody will share 5% cut with fucktards. that will not happen.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It's funny that people doubt the 5%. When it's obvious to anyone who has done a serious pheno hunt there is always a best plant. Wether your searching for a particular buzz or yield or whatever. There will always be the plant that is best. If you grow a 1000 selected 5%ers there will still be a best. So does that mean the even more mythical 0.001% plant is imaginary. That's the one I hope to someday find.

In my experience with import weed or any weed really is the best doesn't last. When my guy got a shipment of high quality bricks I tried to buy as many as I could. And when I broke them up I would take what looked best for myself. And I assume the people I sold it to did the same. So your average consumer likely never saw the best. That doesn't make the best a myth. It makes it not attainable without buying bulk. Much like a pheno hunt.

I'm sure the same goes for most shipments. Someone else gets the best.

How many average smokers have even seen a great Thai or Columbian or even Mexican ? My guess is very few.

Latest posts

Latest posts