What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Sun is more intense in dry climates than in humid.
High humidity block sun light power but provide much more heat.
Afghan plants recive more light and more intense light with much more uv than Thai grown plants thats the fact.
Most afghani and paki plants grow in high additudes with very dry climate. At summer peak with dry air they recive more direct sunlight than Thailand grown plants.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
THH mint pheno x C99 F5 aka Love You Long Time
Haze mother, C99 father? I have the C99 mother with OHz father running now. There are also two pure Cindys in there with them (seeds mixed at harvest), and the difference is obvious in the internode stretch.

Attachments

• DSC02279.JPG
    DSC02279.JPG
    668.1 KB · Views: 61

ICGA

"the sativas from tropical places have thinner leaf in order to cope with the heat"

Where is the scientific data to back up this hypothesis? I would be very curious and interested in seeing it, with references to it, that shows that this has been studied. Given I have seen true sativa in both the 70's and beyond that were both guaranteed non-hybrid, true sativa, one was what was commonly referred to as red bud, and the other brown bud, one was very thin leafed, the other broad. It sounds convenient to make this assertion, and it would be nice, but I have also seen other species of plants in the tropics, directly on the equator, that have very broad leaves, bananas for an example. And they grow just fine. Why not thin leaves there too, since both thrive in full sun? Cheers
Not every plant has had time to adapt and not every chromosome will adapt the exact same way but as a general rule of thumb the brighter light makes leaves thinner. However it is hot as hell in Afghanistan so ide postulate that the thin leaves also help avoid mold in the high humidity of the tropics because the light penetration is better. Also thin leaves may not catch the wind of a tropical storm as badly as say Afghans. So the fact that there is more wild plants to compete for light in the tropics means the plants can't stay short to avoid the wind. Because of this they grow tall to avoid shade. At this point they must adapt thin leaves or they will catch to much wind and break. Some plants will take more time than others to make this adaption. It just depends on if their ancestors have already acclimated to these conditions in previous generations and how long ago was their exposure to sed conditions. As well as for how long a time frame they were exsposed to these environments. Different Cannabis will have picked up many recessive and/or epigenetic survival techniques as they were exposed to many different environments as they were spread around the world. Some genomes have been on many different continents and islands before they came to their present location and have picked up novel adaptions along the way.

Last edited:

ICGA

Afghan plants recive more light and more intense light with much more uv than Thai grown plants thats the fact.
Most afghani and paki plants grow in high additudes with very dry climate. At summer peak with dry air they recive more direct sunlight than Thailand grown plants.
That's not necessarily true because the angle of the sun makes the hypotinuse through the atmosphere thinner closer to the equator for more days of the year then farther from the equaitor. In other words the more obtuse the angle of the sun the more atmosphere there is for light to penitrate. Therefore the more UV will loose energy threw defraction. Afghanistan is like lat. 30 to 40 or something. If I recall correctly Burma has one of the most intense UV exposures on Earth. However it is true that altitude can make enough of a difference but only true for highlands.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How much influence did FARC have in forcing farmers to grow coca instead of cannabis in 1970?. Cocaine was/is far more profitable for everyone including the farmers.

windmills

"well since you questioned my statement , then the burden of proof is actually on you"

Actually, according to scientific protocol, you PROVE a hypothesis, by providing FACTUAL evidence to back it up. You provided none. ZERO. And upon several hours of researching on topic, regarding cannabis, I find none. I have a bachelor of science, majoring in biology (pre-med), so I know just a bit about how scientific research works. If you make a definitive statement, you had better be prepared to definitively back it up, or be laughed out of every scientific gathering you ever attend. You clearly have the cart before the horse, but apparently have a strong inability to admit it. We are not male gorillas dominating here, where the most powerful bully survives, and, where might makes right. The burden to prove something you say is broadly true is your responsibility, and no one else's. Cheers

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why the switch to “Positronics Haze” instead of “Tom Hill Haze,” and where is this newspeak directive coming from? Now that he’s been banned from ICMag, is this some sort of retribution?
It’s not newspeak it’s just my own speak but to call it what it actually is and also Out of respect also because I highly suspect he doesn’t even prefer the name of Tom Hill Haze anymore (although it’s been etched into stone)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
if you want to know it theoretically, you can read it in this thread, in positronics description, in Tom Hill´s description or in my description.

if you want to know it practically, grow it and find it, or grow good outcross of it.

haze on.
Send me some beans and I'll try it, especially if you have already done the 20-1 selection.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
dont think so mate ,
Your lilly white skin will burn in 10 minutes flat in that sun i assure you ,
the closer to the equator , the more direct the sun is ,
you cant just make stuff up based on your lack of education and you have a hunch,
stick to something else you are a little more familiar with please ..

pretty sure you will find the leaf in afghani plants is also thicker as well as fatter ,
this will be an adaption to the dry climate , the leaf on thai plants is thinner and skinnier to dissipate heat and to cope with the intense sunlight , the thickness of the leaf is how it copes with the more humid climate ...

Latest posts

Latest posts