What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is hybrid of original posi haze and according to the looks it should be pure sativa, show me more narrow leaf
full

but its mother looks like this:

full

I dont breed for leaf mophology, I breed for the effect, and according to that effect I can recognize if it has tropical quality or not, regardless of the leaf shape.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The folks that are committed to running serious numbers will hopefully find the needle in the haystack. Then those can hopefully become clones so that others can experience the true 5%

I dont agree with you. let everybody who really wants it to make hard work itself and really deserve it. I believe that good things in life you have to deserve.

I would agree if seeds are not available. but fresh seeds are available. so grow grow... if there are 5 growers fellows, and each of them can grow 20 plants a year at least, they have to find it sooner or later imo.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
leaf size and shape etc vary from variety to variety ,
there is no rule that says all plants without razor thin leaf has indica added ,
ive seen this myself quite a few times ,
conditions can also dictate the reaction of plants and their leaf size ,
one cannot tell with any certainty what the lineage of a plant is just by its leaf ....

ive grown some laos that i know is pure sativa by its fowering time , how it performed here ,
how the flowers look , how it smokes , a whole range of things ,
location sourced , blah blah ,
but it had fatter leaf than thai stuff i grew , but im still quite sure its a pure sativa ,
the leaf did get thinner as it matured , but early on they were quite chunky looking for its lineage...
this is not the only time ive seen this either ,
i dont think there is any accuracy in judging lineage , or purity by leaf size and shape in the early stages of growth ...
sure...
but you can see if it is fat or slender no doubt...
if you judge in same grow environment under same condition's...
otherwise it makes noo sense ;-)
and again too me i'll see a difference between sativa and indica & hybrids of those... clearly
phylos showed also indica traces in landraces from asia etc...
it's just a question how you interpret it...
it's nonsense to say there is no difference between indica and sativa leaf's...
M.:smoker:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I mean where is the proof for statement that more narrow leafs the plant has, the more quality its smoke is... then it would be easy, just select the most narrow and you have it hahahha but it doesnt work like that.
there is no proof no statement that those are better ...
think nobody said that...
it's just the difference between true sativa blood and mixed ...
booth can be good or bad... it's never a indicator for good outcome...
i'll have also a slender slender leaf OHz... it's not worth to grow... so it's not a indicator for good qualitiy...
but a indicator for true sativa blood ;-)

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
IMHO flowering time and flower structure/height are the most reliable indicators of hybridization ....you often find landrace Laos and Thai that have clearly been hybridised with faster flowering better yielding strains from neighbouring places like Burma , or from further north like Nepal they look legit as seedlings . but finish much quicker shorter and chunkier

GrandpaMillenial

@MAHA KALA I have an question for you and your breeding with Tom's Positronics haze.

Tom has made mention of purple plants not usually making the cut when it comes to haze.

How does crossing DJ Shorts blue and purple plants play out with the haze.

Is there some "magic" coming together from the different Thai heritage found in DJ's work and the Thai found in Haze.

windmills

I mean where is the proof for statement that more narrow leafs the plant has, the more quality its smoke is... then it would be easy, just select the most narrow and you have it hahahha but it doesnt work like that.
there is no proof no statement that those are better ...
think nobody said that...
it's just the difference between true sativa blood and mixed ...
booth can be good or bad... it's never a indicator for good outcome...
i'll have also a slender slender leaf OHz... it's not worth to grow... so it's not a indicator for good qualitiy...
but a indicator for true sativa blood ;-)
Not sure where you get your information from, but there is no "necessarily so" direct correlation on leaf size or width that determines or indicates that a plant is either true Sativa or Indica. You must be basing this on, and using, an extremely small gene pool to make what you state are your determinations, which does not bode well for your progeny. I know, for a definitive fact, from first hand sight and knowledge, in Colombia, that leaf size can be quite large and broad on a true sativa plant, and that there is no presumable indication at all in that, as has been seen in a part of Colombia where they have never heard of let alone seen an Indica plant. It happens to be brown C-Bo that I am referencing. They were as broad and long leafed as any Indica I have ever seen. As self professed breeders and growers, we need to be careful about the information we profess is true, and that we toss around as fact. Cheers All

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
sure...
but you can see if it is fat or slender no doubt...
if you judge in same grow environment under same condition's...
otherwise it makes noo sense ;-)
and again too me i'll see a difference between sativa and indica & hybrids of those... clearly
phylos showed also indica traces in landraces from asia etc...
it's just a question how you interpret it...
it's nonsense to say there is no difference between indica and sativa leaf's...
yes in varieties that you are very familliar with ,
then of course u can note variations , of course leaf width and shape will be something quite noticeable ,
but this wont be true of all types
and can indicate an infusion of broader leaf types ,

below is the laos i was speaking about ,
to the untrained person , or someone just judging by leaf size and shape ,
iit may look like it is 50% indica ,
but it definitely isnt ....

WP 20170218 14 10 43 Pro.jpg
4.jpg

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I dont agree with you. let everybody who really wants it to make hard work itself and really deserve it. I believe that good things in life you have to deserve.

I would agree if seeds are not available. but fresh seeds are available. so grow grow... if there are 5 growers fellows, and each of them can grow 20 plants a year at least, they have to find it sooner or later imo.
Not disagreeing with you, Maha…but I think Tom has plans to do a hunt for a clone or two. Most folks just don’t have the ability to look through 50+ plants unless they plan to do so over multiple season/years.

Im not sure Nobody’s long term plans, but assume he will be looking to find the killer males and females and then work on 1:1 crosses, much like you are doing.

It’s still incumbent (and a very decent work load) to grow those plants to full potential. Indoors, as you know is extremely challenging.

Cheers!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
@MAHA KALA I have an question for you and your breeding with Tom's Positronics haze.

Tom has made mention of purple plants not usually making the cut when it comes to haze.

How does crossing DJ Shorts blue and purple plants play out with the haze.

Is there some "magic" coming together from the different Thai heritage found in DJ's work and the Thai found in Haze.
I've never understood the purple plant prejudice personally. Out of the three best highs I've had, one happened to be from a purple sativa; it was outstanding.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Typically purple phenos are inferior in high for me, they smell good and taste great but often are muddier in effect, less potent, shorter legs and less attractive in effect overall to me. Just been my experience, they all seem to smell like purple too.
Yes, I hear that a lot. The purple one I used to smoke was an unknown sativa grown by a friend. Undried it was completely red (and I mean red) but cured to a dark purple. It was speedy acid high with no muddiness or sedation.

goingrey

Yes, I hear that a lot. The purple one I used to smoke was an unknown sativa grown by a friend. Undried it was completely red (and I mean red) but cured to a dark purple. It was speedy acid high with no muddiness or sedation.
I have also had good purple sativas, really good even, but I suppose people are talking about O.Haze specifically, and just don't like those phenos?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
it's useless to discuss the leaf topic further...
you don't get it.
those colombians are hybrids... many asian's too...
if you trust science and not what others had said or what you think is true...
phylos.bio ... there you can see it all...
Colombian Santa Marta for example is mostly a indica ;-) ohh man how possible?
so... there must be indica's in colombia long time ago...
but hey... it's just my observation and until now it's true.... proof is here: phylos.bio
you can also belief that Santa Clause is real ;-)
same goes to many asia strains old and new...
ask Angus RSC who was often there (in Asia) ... ask Dubi etc...
but hey each it's own ;-)