What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

PlasmaTube

MadMacs repro of THH @ 15weeks.
IMG_20230623_114432.jpg

vinrusso

You can compare nobody say you cant.
But its just no sense.
No mather what you think.

again that trippy Thai...🤣🤣
Its so funny that breeders in 70-80 didnt prise Thai weed at all.
And is very little used in breeding.
Sam has been there few times,didnt find anything special in that golden time before 1985.
While Mid and south American and Indian strains also as Paky,Afghan that border with India are used mostly.
Did you know that one of the favourites Sativa Neville had was Pakistani Sativa...??

Shure you dont cuz Thai is that one...
Are you sure about that?........I'm not.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is hybrid of original haze from Tom. mother is 50% indica... and you can look at leafs... so even when you cross it with 50% indica, you can get very narrow leafs... I am sure you guys remember those pseudoexperts who stated that original haze from Tom is skunkhaze and broadleaf LOL we know who they are... if they would focus on plants and not try to be posers ans stupid haters, they dont look so idiotic now, right? :D

full

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
I don't think it's nice to give epithets like that to someone. No. You don't have to be afraid, I won't wipe the floor with your marketing strategy.

Nexus7

i cant wait to see it. i flowered thh this winter under 400w hps. around 20 cm of height rooted cuts and they ended up like 100 - 120 cm high. I flowered them for 3 and half months.

when i grew it first, it also surprised me like some phenos are short and squat. i had numerous discussions about it, either its mexican dom, or its haze19 x skunk1.. but skunk1 is mexican hybrid, right? :biggrin: have to edit, that i dont know anything about old school mexicans :D

this is hybrid of original haze from Tom. mother is 50% indica... and you can look at leafs... so even when you cross it with 50% indica, you can get very narrow leafs... I am sure you guys remember those pseudoexperts who stated that original haze from Tom is skunkhaze and broadleaf LOL we know who they are... if they would focus on plants and not try to be posers ans stupid haters, they dont look so idiotic now, right? :D

full

🤔

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Want to have a better idea about what "haze" is. Look for some people with the last name Hayes...

mm

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Want to have a better idea about what "haze" is. Look for some people with the last name Hayes...

mm
Haze is old scool weed that have high that dont dont affect part of your brain that is called cerebellum.
So you are high but still able to function properly...you dont have drunk like heavy movement part of high cuz with this kind of high cerebellum is not affected.

Breeders and smokers werent satisfied with pure haze...so they cross it with other plants like afghans and skunk to give it more yild,taste and aroma but still keep this cerebral "no body" high.

Mostly its hyped to te max by pollen chukers that made crosses with it. So they can sell some seeds and take few $ or €.
It is different but far away from something special.

Ordinary weed folks dont like that kind of weed and they will consider it good at best.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Haze is old scool weed that have high that dont dont affect part of your brain that is called cerebellum.
So you are high but still able to function properly...you dont have drunk like heavy movement part of high cuz with this kind of high cerebellum is not affected.

Breeders and smokers werent satisfied with pure haze...so they cross it with other plants like afghans and skunk to give it more yild,taste and aroma but still keep this cerebral "no body" high.

Mostly its hyped to te max by pollen chukers that made crosses with it. So they can sell some seeds and take few $ or €.
It is different but far away from something special.

Ordinary weed folks dont like that kind of weed and they will consider it good at best.
Lol

Green Highland

full
I found a short and stalky plant with slightly wider leaf in todds original haze that was an outlier. I crossed it with an indica and the progeny all have fat leaves. I also crossed it with pollen from a few males I found in the Original haze packs to make an increase for myself. While the rest were all very narrow leaf one was a dwarf with a little wider leaf structure and finished in 12 weeks while all the others were around 15-16. I have nothing to gain from lying about my experience with his haze. I don’t sell seed and don’t plan to, not looking to tarnish anyones name. I posted my experience with his haze and was actually proud of this plant I found because it has that “hazey” Piney smell and flavour like trainwreck or jack Herer that I used to associate with that “hazey” sandalwood and lemon floor cleaner smell and I loved the smoke, it was a sedative smoke though and not an uplifting euphoric feeling. I used this outlier to make a cross with an indica and all of the progeny have mid to wid leaf structure so far that I’ve grown, only grown out about ten so far but that piney “haze” sandalwood terpene profile has been dominant in all of them and all have had mid size leaf structure. This plant was by far the stinkiest and my favourite of the packs. Maybe I got a pack of seeds with some seed mix up or it was a pollination mistake or maybe it’s a rararity to find.Don’t know but the out llier that was short and stalky tasted like jack Herer or trainwreck type while the rest of the plants were narrow leaf and were tall and almost feral with fermented fruit and almost cola smells. I grew only a couple packs but definitely found one plant that does not fit with the rest. Pictured below is the short and stalky plant I found. I flowered all of them from seed and while the others reached 5 feet and were much harder to grow this one stayed dwarf at around 18 inches and because of that and the faster finishing time I used this one to make my seed repro with a few males only to be told that not in a million plants would I ever find this style plant in original haze but here it is. Haze beef is hilarious. Edit….I wrote this whole thing because I thought you mentioned Todd’s haze from Agseed co, totally thought that’s what I read lol. Nope, clearly says Tom at the beginning of your post. Lolololl, I must have been very high this morning.I have never grown THH so I have zero input regarding that and finding any broad leaf.
D9B54825-6DE0-4176-BA55-75805C9059B6.jpeg
DE730363-2FCC-41CD-B4D8-C67861F9E5DE.jpeg
A275F2F4-727C-4452-AE39-EEC47CD3B58F.jpeg

Attachments

• 16F59237-9BBB-4109-BECF-1C5F20F0101A.jpeg
    16F59237-9BBB-4109-BECF-1C5F20F0101A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
I am sure you guys remember those pseudoexperts who stated that original haze from Tom is skunkhaze and broadleaf LOL we know who they are... if they would focus on plants and not try to be posers ans stupid haters, they dont look so idiotic now, right? :D
you should know and if not i'll must wonder after such long time you growin' ...
you see every indica trace in hybrids when plants are young ... not when flowering...
when flowering ... than they expose depend on pheno where it is crossed with... ;-)
and there is the difference between THH and OHz ... and other pure sativa when young :)
M.:smoker:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have 16 Ohaze and 14 Thh at around 11 weeks. I flowered clones at around 6 inches tall. The Ohaze all grew to between 5 and 7 feet (if not bended) and the Thh grew to between 4 and 5 ft. I would say approximately half of the plants smell very similar. Spicy incense with some random citrus and other scents mix in. The outliers of the Ohaze just turn up the terps. Same general smell that I associate with Columbian genetics (never smoke pure Columbian at least not that I knew of) and the Thh outliers are different. More refined and something special that's hard to describe. I just grew a pack of world of seeds wild Thailand and I would have to guess these smells come from the Thai side of the haze family.

Having never smoked pure haze I'm really looking forward to the smoking part of this pheno hunt. And dipping into some of the Thh seeds I bought.

Some pics posted here.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most are not gonna find a killer haze or even one we want to keep as most are judging based on hybrid quality. I'm still looking for a haze that beats any of my hybrids in quality. The 5% ratio makes it very unlikely we will find one when all we have is 10 seeds. IMO at least 50 seeds are needed to even have a chance with haze. Tom releasing 100 count packs should be the new standard for haze genetics with only a 5% chance something good will be found. 0.05 × 10 = 0.5. --- 0.05 × 100 = 5

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Most are not gonna find a killer haze or even one we want to keep as most are judging based on hybrid quality. I'm still looking for a haze that beats any of my hybrids in quality. The 5% ratio makes it very unlikely we will find one when all we have is 10 seeds. IMO at least 50 seeds are needed to even have a chance with haze. Tom releasing 100 count packs should be the new standard for haze genetics with only a 5% chance something good will be found. 0.05 × 10 = 0.5. --- 0.05 × 100 = 5
I started a whole bunch even though I technically didn't have the room. Hopefully 30 girls gives me a good sample of the potential. I did an open pollination with most of them. And crossed with a few other things I had ready. I hope I find at least a few plants I like enough to fine tune over a few runs. And I have that 100 pack and a ton of seeds. And I'll have individual bagged pollen to hopefully narrow in on a particular good male after some testing. Now I will hopefully be able to better judge what is a great haze plant as I keep on the search. But probably not as many at once now that I have a foundation to work off of. Anytime I find a plant that seems to out perform what I currently have and its time to chuch some pollen and see what happens.