What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The long season and short season was told to me by a Maui local they have been growing like that for years i know people that grow a long and short season in parts here.

Lets be honest here Colombia got hammered by the DEA/ CIA and i am surprised that any vegetation is still left after the amount of poisons they sprayed by planes threw the years over Colombia.

I watched a great YouTube series of a guy that road his Harley from the US down threw Mexico to Bolivia threw Colombia and it really gave you a understanding of the terrain and Environment its very different to were you come from.

cola

Fact is Hempy that regardless of whether Indica WILL grow somewhere has absolutely nothing to do with whether it did or is. I am sure they could set up a greenhouse on the moon if they wanted, and it would grow there too, lol. All of the c-bo that the US got came from the jungle. And it was 100% sativa, contrary to any High Times article to the contrary. If you take that rag as an authority, you are more stupid than the bs they wrote. They just cut giant swaths in the jungle valleys, by first burning and then clearing it with peasant labor. I know in Jalisco they have two growing seasons, just like in the Islands. There, people are so poor that they do dual crops, but often in the sub-tropics, like that, the rain is prohibitive. If you are poor and need the money to survive you have no choice. In the Islands many stay indoors instead, Back in the day I used to put out a small plot in the winter down low in the cane fields. But they are all gone now. The seed they had there (Jalisco) was definitely indigenous for some time. Maybe it was landrace, I dunno. But I can tell you for a fact that there was no Indica in it whatsoever. It was 100% sativa by looks and effect. During the short season the plants were smaller and less full, but they got crops none the less. They had to. Jalisco sits about the 20th parallel, similar to Mexico City. Same as the Hawaiian Islands. Sub-tropics is very different than 0 degree (equator) latitude tropics. In Columbia no way are you going to get two full grow seasons. The sun angle, which does not change, does not allow it. Plants being grown there are not autos, and never were. They respond to the length of day. Maybe now a days they have some autos there, but as we know that is brand new phenomenon. In Columbia there was never any commercial hybrid Indica blends either. No way. There is no benefit of growing such typically smaller plant, when you can get a much larger harvest using straight sativa. Anybody that tells you that you are going to get two harvests in Columbia by adding Indica genes has been smokin crack. No way. And, the natives down there that actively partake are not interested in Indica either. Maybe for very small scale local consumption they may have some greenhouse stuff. Most people find straight Indica to be boring. I know that I do.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Gee what a waste of time typing that out, so many holes in that one I don't even know where to begin, but plainly shows ignorance of the tropical climate even how the sun moves down to what works when, please stop the misinformation, people come here in the hope of learning something..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Well let's look at this sun angle that never changes just for a start at the equator, where did u get that from, the earth tilts affecting the whole planet, no place on earth has the same angle the whole year, not sure what planet you are on but on this one I can assure you the angle of the sun changes everywhere.
Secondly autos in the tropic wtf and why? Hybrid photo period plants flower anytime , autos are a waste of time.
2 seasons from pure sativa doesn't happen, those were Hybrid plants,
I've been growing commercially using a variety of strains of all types for over 20 years in the tropics and hobby growing for 15 before that so im pretty sure I've got a good idea how it works now..

HapiValleyFarms

toms deep chunk haze enters the chat...lolololololol....turn it in ffs!!!!
Did you want to see the "deep chunk"? Needs water.
And did you want to see the THH "Thai" leaner too?
Beans sourced from Cricket and cicadas who sourced from positroniks stock.

Attachments

• LRM_20230422_063818.jpg
    LRM_20230422_063818.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 117
  • LRM_20230422_063618.jpg
    LRM_20230422_063618.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 103
  • LRM_20230422_063611.jpg
    LRM_20230422_063611.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 98

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Well at least my geography, geology and planetary movement learnings are up on yours oh and the Cannabis growing information in the tropics ,
Seems you lived a long time back before the planet even tilted
BTW I'm not sure you can block moderators and im not following you or trolling you just trying to keep you up to date since you are quiet old and becoming a bit forgetful sadly...
Add to it this thread has been so raunchy the past dozen plus pages im basically keeping the seat warm for Thomas who would likely also call out your misinformed ravings..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
In Colombia, the authorities were already aware of the existence of marijuana crops in 1925, as well as of its consumption by sailors, stevedores, and prostitutes in the ports (Ruíz Hernández 1979, 111). However, only after the pressure against marijuana and its recent illegalization in the United States, a similar effect was had in Colombia. For example, the Hygiene Magazine, the official organ of the Ministry of Health, published in September 1939 an article by Kolb entitled "Marihuana, the herb that drives you crazy."2 , and although there were already measures related to marijuana in Colombia since the 1920s (Sáenz Rovner 1997, 5; López Restrepo 2000, 91), in that same month, the Colombian government absolutely prohibited the cultivation of marijuana; ordered the destruction of existing plantations; and established that those who violated this provision would be sanctioned "as illegal traffickers in heroic drugs... in accordance with the penal code."3 .

For the sake of comparison, it can be recalled that in countries like Cuba, the campaigns against marijuana replicated the discourse that associated marijuana with violence and crimes (Sáenz Rovner 2005, 55-56). In Mexico, there was a strong debate: while the newspaper Excelsior pointed out that many crimes were carried out "under the pathological influence of marijuana", senior government officials questioned the official North American vision and even proposed treatments -and not punishments- for the addicted to other drugs; Finally, and thanks to pressure from Anslinger and the US government, which established an embargo on the sale of legal drugs to Mexico, the Mexican government opted for the repression of consumers (Walker 1989, Astorga 2003).

DESPITE THE BAN...

Despite the new legislation in Colombia, marijuana cases remained common in the late 1930s and early 1940s, in cities like Barranquilla: from the sale of a few cigarettes4 , even the case of a couple who found a kilo and a half of marijuana (the woman evaded justice and her husband served a sentence of almost six months in prison5 ).

An official report from 1939 on marijuana on the Caribbean Coast indicated that marijuana cigarettes "are sold, generally, in lupanares or in establishments frequented by the low social backgrounds. Also in 'fritangas' and in sales of guarapo."6 . The National Government launched a campaign "bringing together the persecution of traffickers and consumers in their campaigns. For example, for several days a film was projected in various towns that [showed] the havoc caused by indica cannabis."7 .

In February 1940, the Colombian government stated that "the campaign to fight against the use of marijuana has given satisfactory results" and indicated, as supposed proof, that the offer had been reduced and that cigarettes reached the highest price, in terms of purchasing power of the time, one peso and fifty cents8 . "The fight against drug addiction has continued with optimistic results," declared the Minister of Labor, Hygiene and Social Welfare, describing the anti-drug policy in 1941 (Caicedo Castilla 1941, 10). However, the reality was different from the official rhetoric; the numerous arrests for possession, sale and even cultivation were repeated, especially in Barranquilla and its surroundings. Marijuana was readily available in brothels and in the city's slums; the "yerba" was cultivated both in the Department of Atlántico and in the neighboring Department of Magdalena. Through archival research, we have been able to document nearly 60 cases of possession, sale, and cultivation of marijuana in Barranquilla and its surroundings between 1940 and 1944.9 . Hence, a 1945 North American report that indicated that the production and consumption of marijuana had increased considerably in Barranquilla was not surprising. This report even indicated that the Mexican ship Hidalgo had made three trips to Barranquilla in just six months with "enormous amounts" of marijuana and seeds to be planted. Consumers, according to the report, could buy the "weed" from taxi drivers or in brothels, and the price of a marijuana cigarette had dropped to ten cents, a tiny price compared to what the official Colombian report on 194010 .

Econ. vol.26 no.47 Bogotá July/Dec. 2007​

LA "PREHISTORIA" DE LA MARIHUANA EN COLOMBIA: CONSUMO Y CULTIVOS ENTRE LOS AÑOS 30 Y 60
Eduardo Sáenz Rovner *

funkyhorse

This is the original article in spanish posted above with more references

This is the 5% THH I found in 20 lucky plants
The real, authentical and original delicate, slender and long...
All your questions about Lisa's Finger you ask to Master Tom
Lisa's Finger pheno.
Thh3 xiskito 1 feno trigo.jpeg
Thh3 xiskito 1 lower bud.jpeg

From all the stock I read here the only explanation is colombians were sending their garbage to Usa and the best they were sending to the south of Southern Cone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Cone, if you understand the ones promoting the war in Colombia was Usa, it makes sense they were sending their worse product to their enemies, Usa

@Raco
Interesting those hash links. In one of them I am seeing Bolivia-Paraguay sourced in Brazil in 1985 at 12.500u$s kilo
Bolivia is not the source
Good luck at finding a kilo of this product at any time in history, and much better luck at finding a few grams of it in Brazil in 1985
This is cera paraguaya. At best you could have sourced a few grams. And price is correct. 12,5 u$s per gram in Brazil in 1985 means it was more expensive than pinkish cocaine uncut from Bolivia sold in the Southern Cone streets 10u$s gram at that time
Cera paraguaya was better than lebanese hash both red and blond and better than Nepali/indian charas
The presentation was like in the picture, small balls of about 1 to 2grs each, very black and sticky as the description of your book/magazine. This is sativa charas
Seda paraguaya.jpeg

The first indica in South America in modern times is a strain called Epuyén which was grown at Lake Epuyén area which is a microclimate
Seeds were brought by french sky instructors around 1980. It made a revolution locally because it was the first time they could finnish a plant properly in that area. Until then what the hippies grew were paraguayan and colombian sativas which never flowered. So they were smoking a couple of pistils, the leaves and making tea with the roots
This Epuyén strain is a short plant of about 0,90 cms-1 mt tall. It is held very tight and not shared by the family
Pictures from that time are all gone, burnt because it was a very difficult time of extreme right fascist dictatorships supported by Usa in the area and people got killed and vannished for growing a plant
Thanks for posting your hash links, very interesting and enlighting

windmills

Fact is Hempy that regardless of whether Indica WILL grow somewhere has absolutely nothing to do with whether it did or is. I am sure they could set up a greenhouse on the moon if they wanted, and it would grow there too, lol. All of the c-bo that the US got came from the jungle. And it was 100% sativa, contrary to any High Times article to the contrary. If you take that rag as an authority, you are more stupid than the bs they wrote. They just cut giant swaths in the jungle valleys, by first burning and then clearing it with peasant labor. I know in Jalisco they have two growing seasons, just like in the Islands. There, people are so poor that they do dual crops, but often in the sub-tropics, like that, the rain is prohibitive. If you are poor and need the money to survive you have no choice. In the Islands many stay indoors instead, Back in the day I used to put out a small plot in the winter down low in the cane fields. But they are all gone now. The seed they had there (Jalisco) was definitely indigenous for some time. Maybe it was landrace, I dunno. But I can tell you for a fact that there was no Indica in it whatsoever. It was 100% sativa by looks and effect. During the short season the plants were smaller and less full, but they got crops none the less. They had to. Jalisco sits about the 20th parallel, similar to Mexico City. Same as the Hawaiian Islands. Sub-tropics is very different than 0 degree (equator) latitude tropics. In Columbia no way are you going to get two full grow seasons. The sun angle, which does not change, does not allow it. Plants being grown there are not autos, and never were. They respond to the length of day. Maybe now a days they have some autos there, but as we know that is brand new phenomenon. In Columbia there was never any commercial hybrid Indica blends either. No way. There is no benefit of growing such typically smaller plant, when you can get a much larger harvest using straight sativa. Anybody that tells you that you are going to get two harvests in Columbia by adding Indica genes has been smokin crack. No way. And, the natives down there that actively partake are not interested in Indica either. Maybe for very small scale local consumption they may have some greenhouse stuff. Most people find straight Indica to be boring. I know that I do.
I don't understand why all the criticism about this. Nothing here is glaringly incorrect. Perhaps the reference to the angle of the sun is not exactly right, but this poster clarifies that a few sentences later when he/she states, regarding plants in Colombia: "They respond to the length of the day". My folks worked for an embassy and I spent considerable time in Colombia, actually several years through my teens. Don't ask me if I imbibed in anything there, that should be obvious. It was available in many, if not most bars, with few to no age limits. I also spent time in the Dutch West Indies, which is at a similar parallel with Jamaica (and the Hawaiian Island too). Though you do not hear much about it, they grow it in the DWI too. As others have stated, they have a short and long season there. Most of the islands in the DWI does not get as much rain as Jamaica, because they are not as tall, and do not attract the cloud cover. They are definitely sub-tropical though. I hope everyone's well and enjoyed the 420 celebration. Cheers

windmills

This is the original article in spanish posted above with more references

This is the 5% THH I found in 20 lucky plants
The real, authentical and original delicate, slender and long...
All your questions about Lisa's Finger you ask to Master Tom
Lisa's Finger pheno.
View attachment 18834106 View attachment 18834107

From all the stock I read here the only explanation is colombians were sending their garbage to Usa and the best they were sending to the south of Southern Cone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Cone, if you understand the ones promoting the war in Colombia was Usa, it makes sense they were sending their worse product to their enemies, Usa

@Raco
Interesting those hash links. In one of them I am seeing Bolivia-Paraguay sourced in Brazil in 1985 at 12.500u$s kilo
Bolivia is not the source
Good luck at finding a kilo of this product at any time in history, and much better luck at finding a few grams of it in Brazil in 1985
This is cera paraguaya. At best you could have sourced a few grams. And price is correct. 12,5 u$s per gram in Brazil in 1985 means it was more expensive than pinkish cocaine uncut from Bolivia sold in the Southern Cone streets 10u$s gram at that time
Cera paraguaya was better than lebanese hash both red and blond and better than Nepali/indian charas
The presentation was like in the picture, small balls of about 1 to 2grs each, very black and sticky as the description of your book/magazine. This is sativa charas
View attachment 18834109
The first indica in South America in modern times is a strain called Epuyén which was grown at Lake Epuyén area which is a microclimate
Seeds were brought by french sky instructors around 1980. It made a revolution locally because it was the first time they could finnish a plant properly in that area. Until then what the hippies grew were paraguayan and colombian sativas which never flowered. So they were smoking a couple of pistils, the leaves and making tea with the roots
This Epuyén strain is a short plant of about 0,90 cms-1 mt tall. It is held very tight and not shared by the family
Pictures from that time are all gone, burnt because it was a very difficult time of extreme right fascist dictatorships supported by Usa in the area and people got killed and vannished for growing a plant
Thanks for posting your hash links, very interesting and enlighting
Very interesting article, and thanks that you brought this up. When I was a growing up and living in an embassy through my teens in Bogota, we never heard of, or saw, any Cannabis Indica plants or strains. It was all Cannabis Sativa. I first saw and heard of Indica upon arriving back in the EU, when I was exposed to hashish, and much later on, to Afghanistan Indica plants and hybrids. The article states that the very first Cannabis Indica, in all of South America, arrived in Epuy'en, Argentina, in 1980, which is in the far southern part near the Pacific Coast. Far closer to Antartica, than the Carribean, where the High Times article on this thread states it was being grown. This confirms that there was no Indica in Colombia during 1980, or before. And it states it did not last long there either. And, the plants were 1 meter, about 3 feet tall. Hardly a size you would want for a commercial cannabis enterprise. Cheers

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I don't understand why all the criticism about this. Nothing here is glaringly incorrect. Perhaps the reference to the angle of the sun is not exactly right, but this poster clarifies that a few sentences later when he/she states, regarding plants in Colombia: "They respond to the length of the day". My folks worked for an embassy and I spent considerable time in Colombia, actually several years through my teens. Don't ask me if I imbibed in anything there, that should be obvious. It was available in many, if not most bars, with few to no age limits. I also spent time in the Dutch West Indies, which is at a similar parallel with Jamaica (and the Hawaiian Island too). Though you do not hear much about it, they grow it in the DWI too. As others have stated, they have a short and long season there. Most of the islands in the DWI does not get as much rain as Jamaica, because they are not as tall, and do not attract the cloud cover. They are definitely sub-tropical though. I hope everyone's well and enjoyed the 420 celebration. Cheers
The statement in that post that one can't get 2 crops a year at the equator by adding indicas to the sativa is definitely incorrect, in the tropics anywhere practically those hybrids grow similarly to a crop like corn, is 16 weeks from seed to harvest, not taking the wet season into account you could in fact get up to 3 + crops in a year planting successive crops,
Even more growing cuttings from them indoors and moving them out to flower would cut it down from 16 weeks to 8 or 10 at the most allowing at least 6 harvests a year,
Its a perpetual flower climate for hybrids considering the day lengths,
Im not guessing about this either, I've done it many many times and know it like the back of my hand unlike the other few who are just guessing or relaying second hand knowledge and have very little to no personal experience with it

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
but can you play it?:)
lol..
yes...more or less
had to order horse hair and make strings and bow..plus it took a ton of rosin[not that rosin)
to get anything out of it

doubt my tuning is the same

Here is another

Yali Tambur (banjo x hockey stick)

Its a beaut(steel string) normal violin bow

I am no master at it and notice the masking tape for where the scale I use..lol
56CF9414-7A9B-461E-AA89-48566C498B5C.jpeg