What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@bigherb
I think that these are the last brown (??) weed I had
Kaiki brought these colitas in one of his visits and gave them to me as a gift
He grew them outdoors from seeds he got from @four seasons.
May God bless them :tiphat::respect:

001_zpsb2c98036.jpg

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
@bigherb
I think that these are the last brown? weed
Sounds like the bottom of the barrel Colombian Brick , I see why some would dislike the Brown . Reminiscent of the Regs I Grew up with . What I assume was Mexican Brick weed

I’m curious Whats the source of all those descriptions of the imports ?

Below are some of the Best Brown Gold Types I’ve experienced
That Cuban Black /Uptown Haze = A5 stock

1682117497836.png

1682117571714.png

Attachments

• 1682117666738.png
    1682117666738.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
There's a bit to unpack there.

Genetic drift in clones is an illusion created by a change in environment and micro nutrient deficiency etc. rarely actual mutations, and yes threw selection you may move off in one direction or another. But "Niche environmental evolutionary pressure" only happens in "natural selection". He's talking about selecting plants that are performing better in a specific environment/fertigation regiment, for exsample acclimating a cultivar over time while fixing desirable traits. like how land races are so adapted to their native soils that they have a hard time getting used to potting soil or hydro and take time to acclimate; Some phenotypes mite do better then others under more heavy fertigation. If you cross the ones who are more tolerant together you have begun the process of acclimating the Land race to more potent fertigation regiments.
Genetic drift: There have been papers showing it in a single plant, nevermind separate clones of the same plant, however while that seems surprisingly debatable still, it's reality when applied to population genetics over time, is something that's surely not.

Niche environments: As for only God being allowed to create a niche selection tool, well that I object to. While it's true, he did select away from hairy elephants in Africa, he also selected away from hairless mammoths in the Arctic. Or rather they froze to death and so couldn't replicate. Which leads to the same fate that plants reacting badly to stress, or any other niche selection tool with which I, choose to end the existence of one of my creations. The process is the same, what determines survival is not merely the ability to survive in the ideal conditions for it, but suitability to the conditions in which sexual reproduction may or may not occur. Those conditions may be of any nature, the wildlife eat a certain colour, won't eat a certain smell, the entity is suitable for hot/cold, wet/dry, is tall enough to reach light, is short enough to be grown in a tent, anything that is a reproduction prerequisite, becomes a niche breeding pressure. Over time, differences in these pressures create different drifts beyond those created in random mitosis and meiosis. (But in a compounding effect rather than in a learned burbankian way).

Tom's methods seek to alleviate this issue. Which is the point I was making. So anyone asking for stabilisation, acclimatisation, or anything else is missing the point. Anyone expecting a perfect preservation though, after this amount of time, is surely overlooking how this stuff works.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In a book I read of a big time drug smuggler, he said the Colombian was grown within a jungle area, he was actually there to make the deal. Of course the jungle was cut away to allow sun in for the grow area, but it was kept hidden that way. Colombian Red btw.

The Gold I think was in the mountains, so harder to get to and maybe no need to try to hide it so much. Pay offs were the best bet. I knew a smuggler back then and he said the police were paid off in Panama so no problemo there. Do not remember if he bought off the US import side of it, I am sure that happened somewhat.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Not sure who proclaimed you an expert. An expert in tropical or subtropical growing? I think not. You don't want to believe something I write. Just shuffle on. You are an expert at avoiding direct questions, and like most that have no answers, strike out instead. Sorry, not taking the bait, dude. You obviously were never in Colombia. Or anyplace else where you yourself were actually in a rainforest. Think it doesn't gow there? Where you think it does? You're wrong.
I spent over a decade growing around high altitude tropical rainforest and the closer you get to it the worse things get, there is no hope in he'll you van grow a successful crop in them
It would be spindly garbage if you even got it to survive.
I have dozens of friends who also grow around the area I have and the only ones who ever tried the rainforest were teenagers for their first try at it and quickly found it was very unsuccessful.
We do have some quiet low eucalypt forests where the trees are sparse with open style canopies that one could grow amongst but never in the rainforest.
I'd hate to bore people with my pictures that I've been showing for the last 2 decades so feel free to check out my gallery yourself and see how far from the rainforest we grew , its a massive clearing because cannabis demands full intensity sunshine to thrive, not mottled light under the canopy..
I consider myself well versed on this topic and you only need to check my albums to see I speak the truth.
Can you show me any successful rainforest crops?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I only want to Comment on Two Fact

You Say
( The facts are Sam has posted that both groups of growers told him a different story to what haze was )

Sams has said J who helped G aka sufer boy with the first mountain Grown Haze and RL the partner of G who joined years after the Creation had a different story to G

G aka Surfer boy aka the Originator

Well in what universe
Do we believe the help or someone who wasn’t around til years later RL . Before the man who started it the Originator G ?

I don’t live in that universe

( If you had ever grown Thais and Colombians BigHerb you would know both of these types are with in Haze.)

Hempy which Haze have you ( Not OHaze ) Grown Mango haze beta type if I recall n ssh? 🤣

How do you see Thai and Colombian in these polyhybrids

You admitted you’ve never grown original haze of any kind

I’ve atleast grown Tom hills Haze and a brief experience with Colombian Gold . I’ve grown OHaze x DSD . 4 phenos of Neville’s Haze
2 Skunk Haze

BigHerb i have done grow log after grow log over 2 decades of them have you done even one in all the years of being on the forums ?

You keep repeating and believing a for ever evolving story and continue to act like you were there and continue to insist its fact.

Post from Sam.

1682123475658.png

So if Sam dont know what haze is how would you BigHerb ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy which Haze have you ( Not OHaze ) Grown Mango haze beta type if I recall n ssh? 🤣

How do you see Thai and Colombian in these polyhybrids

You admitted you’ve never grown original haze of any kind

Well if you had ever grow Thais and Colombians BigHerb you would of picked these types up in the different types of High you get in Haze but also seen it being expressed in the plants.

I know some of you dont see Nevils Haze as Haze but i and many others do here is 2 sides to Haze one is the Thai expressive the other is the Colombian expressive side but you wouldn't know that because you never grew up growing these types bigherb.

1682124225097.png

It has taken me a long time to work it all out but unlike you bigherb i let the plants tell the story.

Vegg69guerilla

1 thing I will add..the haze hybrid superskunk nevil worked on was the closest examples to some of these haze stories you see here..maybe the oil nevil had over 20 yrs back was of note worthy attn at least..I've read up on the work he was doing with a version of superskunk and was trusted by all accounts to recieve a fairly decent representation of a true nevil hybrid and it blew me out the water straight...absolute soaring electric high that chased thoughts and feelings into many wonderous directions..really stuck into your bloodstream..and stayed there till morning..right behind the eyes..indulge and you were rolled out like a dog and extended naptime but kinda blissful..I could sit here in text and chat bs about everything but I'm too old for that shit anymore..say it as it is .I took that nevs haze hybrid absolutely everywhere and floored clean everyone first time..shockingly potent to the point if it went 10 11 weeks it's was over for you trust me..and I don't care what your tolerance pertains to be..I've sat and soaked my nuts in more class a drugs than scarface over the yrs so my tolerance to stopping me and shutting me down has to be special...and in weed form over the last maybe 30 yrs nothings hit that beautiful high other than 2 others...that's when I know I'm not talking shit..looking at toms deep chunk haze(lol)I can see a lot of similar features but obviously don't know in regards to high if it's exacting or just a watered down version of whatever nev had...bless his soul he was just giving ppl what they wanted ..and he 100% had such beauty in producing potency for everyone to enjoy...he knocked the bombs out of me over a few Yr period and I became a hero where I lived...that nev oil over 20 yrs ago changed my whole life completely...that superskunk cross forever will live in my memory till the day I die....so I've seen the oil ppl talk of at this table for the record...where it is now...gawd only knows..x