What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

cola

You took your best shot at the bow now, and missed badly. You know not what you talk about. Please discontinue.

Vegg69guerilla

I have a vaulted pic of that ss/nevs haze at 43 days from many yrs ago..the only pic left in existence from old hard drives and you could see the beauty in what nevil did by adding these builder blockers to the high..I think he reported he found stronger potency from haze crosses which in turn is only really nevil crossing a hybrid to a hybrid in historic form but his oil signature remained dominant and produced yields that the common grower was attracted to..look at the pic at 43 days and size it to a comparable 43 day haze hybrid today under these led lights?(eventually went 76 days and smashed yields!!!!) ...nevil was doing expert work in keeping his trademark oil and yielding true monsters with highs you are not seeing today in mass form..i don't care what anyone says..history is a lie anyway..you just have to search the best oils best described for your conscious enviroment and hope your selection process is based on validity in getting you where you truly need to be..haze is a wonderful start but the history is so tarnished in fabrication its a crying shame you have to search through new names and new faces every few yrs to find anything noteworthy...that plant would run Tom hills haze in a race and win in my belief and I won't smoke toms in a lifetime no doubt...🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121_073820_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20230121_073820_Chrome.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 101

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
It would rot in most places mate you cant escape the heat and humidity unless you go up into the high altitude. Even there it gets real wet.

Fast forward to 2023 yes now you have indicas in Colombia being grown by the Cannabis industry that has set up there because of the legal changes but those are grown in controlled environments.
Please stick to what you are experienced in because you have little to no experience in the tropical climate, its not all jungle and rain, there are 2 seasons one of which is called dry for good reason
And while there certainly is jungle there is much more open wooded country and even arid sparsely tree areas where during the dry season the humidity is very very low and you can grow great fat indica buds with no mold at all just out in the open outdoors...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I know what was imported in from Colombia becouse i saw and smoked a lot of the imports back then and i never ever saw an indica type and were a person lives and grows has nothing to do with what was being grown both domestically and commercially and exported out of Colombia in the 70s/80s.

Subtropical and Tropical areas have two grow seasons a short and a long season i first heard this from a Hawaiian friend.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

charlie garcia​

lovely Raco, you know well :) see how she makes it, more rounded and fatter buds maybe than tips of Punto Rojo which has almost same size of buds from start to end of each branch. Even leaves seem just a bit more asserated in Moños.

Punta Roja is just fem name but 95% call them, Punto Rojo.
I am confindence hybrid resulted with Panaman will get its best of the columbians reds traits, being this Panaman quite potent not doubt is an enjoyable one ;)

Best

Here Punto Rojo

ColPuntoRojo090131B010copia.jpg

here Moño Rojo

ColMrDSCN0212011copia.jpg

charlie garcia​

Well Panaman has some purple highlands blood inside, thus stigmas bluish colors. The purple in columbian lines is not only in Punto Rojo but also some old Corintianas for instance have the purple as well. Means more a highland line than other thing if so.

Punto Rojo is another old time classic, much better known than Moño Rojo although both may share same genepool in the beginning and name may differ from area to area more than a genetic diference. Punto means "dot", while Moño (not Mono or mona as old names) means "rounded hair dress", meaning something more rounded. This Moño Rojo came from Raco collection, line gathered in middle 90's in Spain and looks like I always remembered some old columbians, large and thin branches like sticks, not exactly big bushy plants as I wrongly have read often for years about colombians. Panama is a bigger and more robust line, even mother leaves are bit broader at the beginning and has more "fingers" per leaf.

Expect lots of hairs, viguor and long branches. Medium internodals. Very quick line, may finish in 10-11 weeks indoors. Very nice potency. Good yield. Orange/lemon flavours and strong trichs presence and density. There are plenty of pictures of both sides in Panaman thread I think

A couple of Moño Rojo males were used with one of our best Panama moms of pink hairs

best

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I know what was imported in from Colombia becouse i saw and smoked a lot of the imports back then and i never ever saw an indica type and were a person lives and grows has nothing to do with what was being grown both domestically and commercially and exported out of Colombia in the 70s/80s.

Subtropical and Tropical areas have two grow seasons a short and a long season i first heard this from a Hawaiian friend.
In the quote I posted from you last you said you can't grow fat indica buds because you can't escape the humidity without going up to a higher altitude and even there it gets real wet.

So I went about explaining what I know about the tropical environment having lived in it over 35 years and mentioned the 2 seasons being dry and wet
And that during the dry season the humidity is likely lower than most other places during those times, enabling, with ease, the ability to grow any and all indica dominate and hybrids and not encounter mold at all.
Its a little more complex than just a long and short season, one has to know what to plant and when to do it, most don't seem to have a clue that I have noted..
I grew tom's haze offering in the early 2000's
And saw it respond to increase in slight changes to the day lengths quite early , 6 to 8n weeks from the winter solstice,
No chance one would be getting 2 crops a year from that girl without smashing some indica in her and even the reveg can occur around October after the first storms making that 'short^ season less than ideal or successful..

harvestreaper

Veteran
had an old friend from tx he grew from 50s right uptill early 2000 he many lu mbos mexis etc he said the very best he had was the panama red but there was two kinds that came into the us and one was much better than the other ,,one was highland the other lowland and i can never remember which one he said was the better lol

harvestreaper

Veteran
Very generous. A little trippy, trancey and euphoric is a good description of the high I got years ago in Koh Lanta that my friend had brought from Koh Phangan. I suppose alot was brought in from Laos back then as local production could hardly sustain the demand that was, there especially.

Unfortunately they would go right into the fridge or even straight back home from me. I know someone who needs to practice his photography though, @RobFromTX does.
it could very well be the same line according to rsc the mango thai weather grown in thailand or laos is pretty much same strain but being old fashioned calling seed collected from laos thai just messes with my head on a personal level lol

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
it could very well be the same line according to rsc the mango thai weather grown in thailand or laos is pretty much same strain but being old fashioned calling seed collected from laos thai just messes with my head on a personal level lol
Labelling where they are sourced doesn't always tell much about where they were grown. Places famous for thai stick, Ie where people/ smugglers sourced them.are generally along the border of laos and Thailand where only a river separates them, there would be little difference in seed on either side of that river as they are so close that the growing conditions are the same and the people are also quite similar.
I live in the far north of my country and in days gone by a lot from my area was transported to the southern parts thousands of kilometres away, taking seed from it with the idea it was grown nearby where one purchased it would present issues given one place is tropical and the other temperate.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Labelling where they are sourced doesn't always tell much about where they were grown. Places famous for thai stick, Ie where people/ smugglers sourced them.are generally along the border of laos and Thailand where only a river separates them, there would be little difference in seed on either side of that river as they are so close that the growing conditions are the same and the people are also quite similar.
I live in the far north of my country and in days gone by a lot from my area was transported to the southern parts thousands of kilometres away, taking seed from it with the idea it was grown nearby where one purchased it would present issues given one place is tropical and the other temperate.
right ,,,good points indeed can you imagine pulling seeds out some import thai bought in london ,, "london sativa" lol but yea what your saying is pretty much the narrative with these beans all the same strain bred around mekong river,, one side it called thai other it called laos at the same time i do know these particular seeds were grown and sourced in laos

cola

Cola, braddah, try bring da Aloha spirit here even if dey make you angry. Always difference of opinion but noone has to "shuffle on", and thats not the hawaiian style. I agree with what you say about the islands.
Thats my opinion. Watched the dick measuring of yall from the 70s and dont really care but am fine hearing opinions.

Jungle is a varied term. Rainforest is different than "jungle" but even fields exist in a jungle just have to cut some jungle.. Ive had the green harvest take everything i had before, (in F/4 Hawaiian acres)and also had plants struggle in the dark, someone i knew used to grow in the gmo eucalyptus forests here, grew but not that dense or well. For thought, most guys i know that grow outdoor for sell prefer hybrids as they finish fast between changing weather. My thin sats go through seasons... and make very little in comparison. I got some "colombian red" and its sedation after a while for sure. Tried some hawaiian grown thai recently and was great... hours of doing stuff happily. Not really grounding at all... dreamy. My best (and strongest against botrytis and PM) herb i grew was lambsbread x ohaze.
Much Aloha yall.
Hey Sneezydog: Sounds like you are still on the Islands. Alotha! Not sure what F/4 is you describe. As I recall, that is how they named the roads there. I was last in Fern Forest a long time ago, more recently Orchidland. Been a while. Many here do not understand that a sub-tropical canopy, like there, is very differerent from a dense equitorial forest; 20 degree vs 0 degree latitude makes a big difference in forest density. As you know, it does not take a lot of direct daylight, 3-4 hours is enough, and the rest of the indidental and partial daylight is more than enough for paka da kine. My plants were all hybrids, and always did very well in the forest, growing about 2000 feet. Not easy to get to, but as we both know, if the rats and the rips don't get you, the rot or heli will try. Better to be safe than sorry. Worst feeling in the world to come back and find your year work effort gone. Especially when that's your job. Better to hike that extra mile. R U still in Hawaiian Acres? Heard everyone because of Volcano from Pahoa moved to Kea'au. Best ...

Last edited:

cola

Thai side.

View attachment 18833849

Colombian side.

View attachment 18833850

19 weeks of flower at 7/17.

I consider Nevils Haze an apex predator in the Haze kingdom.

I plan on growing some of THH from the seed Tom is making to.
Hempy, Hope this is not personal, but could you please tell me what was your yield per plant, and what light source did you use? Also, did you top them (sucessively)? I am guessing these were the 14-15 week variety. Thanks you, Sir!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canada is like 90% forests.

dude..just don’t grow in a forest..no one does that

They were growing in forests within 20 miles of where I live, large scale cartel type grows. One was within 3 miles of me. Not much any more but years ago. There are clear areas in forests and jungles and if not, they clear it. That is not counting the small grows in them which used to be very popular here in socal but more in norcal, Humboldt etc.

Never mind back east.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy, Hope this is not personal, but could you please tell me what was your yield per plant, and what light source did you use? Also, did you top them (sucessively)? I am guessing these were the 14-15 week variety. Thanks you, Sir!

Hi Cola those flowered for 19 weeks i never top them i just let them do there things and i tie/train them away from the light.

I run a 600 HPS and a 400 HPS but those only had the 600 HPS running.

I can run 2 two 4 plants under that size under a light.

Depending on the plant or line i can get close to or over a pound of trimmed dry cured flower each plant.